General Custer Thread | Vital Football

General Custer Thread

InvincibleBrianMan

Vital 1st Team Regular
There is apparenly a need for a general politics thread and a general football thread but no one mentions the desperate need for a General Custer themed thread so here goes, I will also show the connection with NFFC:

Generally, custard is a thixotropic gel which means that if you were to shake it it would liquify. This is a trait shared by such diverse substances as mud, blood and manuka honey,

“Mud blood and honey” is also the title of a song by the band “Love over anger” who have over 2600 likes on facebook. While they may not be my cup of tea musically, you must credit them with (however unwittingly) creating a song title that is made up solely of three thixotropic substances. As far as I am aware that could well be the only case of such a thing happening in the entire history of song writing!

Interestingly other things that have thixotropic properties are muscles in as much as they become stiff when they are held still but soften through movement. The protein that gives this property to muscles is called conectin (or titin)

Regulation of crossbridge cycling:

Crossbridge cycling refers to the “sliding filament theory” which explains how muscles contract caused by muscle proteins that slide past each other and create movement. And how is this regulated? TITIN!

So what does all of this have to do with General Custer? Well, some but not much to be fair - but it does have some very strange and tenuous links with the town / village of Watnall.

You see many years ago my mate used to work in that god forsaken p-lace, at British Bakeries (which was formally known as Blanchard’s I believe?) which made among other items: egg custards. He also at one time worked at “General Plating” a nearby establishment that made fancy coloured metal stuff (I think).

Do you begin to see a connection here? GENERAL plating + egg CUSTARD? Not convinced there is something strange going on here? Well read on…

So what does all this have to do with Crossbridge cycling?

Well one evening the very same mate I was just telling you about was on his bike somewhere near the two workplaces I was telling you about and he ignored the “No cycling“ sign over the foot bridge that I think was somewhere near there (I can’t be bothered to check but I’m almost sure it is) so guess what happened? He fell off the bike, banged his knee and all of his muscles went floppy. (And apparently according to eye witnesses the accident was caused by him "Titin' about")

Still not convinced? Well if you draw a line between British Bakeries, and General Plating it might well pass directly over the bridge I was taking about! Not just that though. If you then join the two points of those two workplaces on a map to the historic site of “the Battle of the little Bighorn” it forms a perfect (but extremely sharp, pointy) triangle. (Not unlike the head of a very sharp arrowhead?)

Well still don’t think there is something strange going on here? Well did you know that according to Lieutenant Edward S. Godfrey who saw Custer’s body after the battle: Someone had shoved an arrow up his penis!!!

What’s the chance of there not being a connection there? Almost none according to my calculations. So what's the connection with NFFC? Robin bloody Hood sheeple!

Last edited:
You missed out 'The Ketchup Song' by Las Ketchup.

Ketchup is another everyday example of a thixotropic fluid. Increasing the shear (shaking the bottle) reduces the viscosity (makes it thinner).

Shaking vigorously, followed by repeated pounding on the end, ensures the sauce ejects to the owners gleeful satisfaction.

You missed out 'The Ketchup Song' by Las Ketchup.

Ketchup is another everyday example of a thixotropic fluid. Increasing the shear (shaking the bottle) reduces the viscosity (makes it thinner).

Shaking vigorously, followed by repeated pounding on the end, ensures the sauce ejects to the owners gleeful satisfaction.

You really do live in the past don’t you duck. They’ve been in squeez bottles for years.

No doubt you’re sat there with your union flag table cloth, royal wedding commemorative plate & a happy British fish & chips on your plate with your old fashioned glass bottle.

Planning out your first candle lit supper after lockdown ends.

Actually lt col. Armstrong custers body was largely left alone after the battle and had 2 wounds, one to the side and a small caliber wound to the head, speculation was his brother euthanized him after taking a fatal body shoot. His brother Tom. had his heart cut out and the back of his head smashed before arrows were fired into his brain.

NFFC had celebrated its 10th anniversary a year before the battle at the little horn river.

Actually lt col. Armstrong custers body was largely left alone after the battle and had 2 wounds, one to the side and a small caliber wound to the head, speculation was his brother euthanized him after taking a fatal body shoot. His brother Tom. had his heart cut out and the back of his head smashed before arrows were fired into his brain.

NFFC had celebrated its 10th anniversary a year before the battle at the little horn river.

I watched that boring Ken Burns civil war documentary about the American civil war & it’s crazy that as you said Forest were being formed as the septics were tearing each other apart

You really do live in the past don’t you duck. They’ve been in squeez bottles for years.

No doubt you’re sat there with your union flag table cloth, royal wedding commemorative plate & a happy British fish & chips on your plate with your old fashioned glass bottle.

Sitting there not sat there, FFS.
Squeeze bottles, not only being 'chavvy' are not as environmentally kind as the glass ones. I love the planet and Greta.

I watched that boring Ken Burns civil war documentary about the American civil war & it’s crazy that as you said Forest were being formed as the septics were tearing each other apart

The misnamed battle of the little big horn (was actually on the little horn river) was part of the Sioux wars after the civil war finished. But yes, that's how old we are. Think ORF left junior school the year after

No battered sausage or fishcake chap?

At a certain stage, during its creation custard should be well shaken and stirred vigorously to enable to it to thicken up, not thin out. :)

At a certain stage, during its creation custard should be well shaken and stirred vigorously to enable to it to thicken up, not thin out. :)

Custard does not follow Newton's law of viscosity but has fun properties and is fab to show your family when they are chowing down on some lovely Spotted Dick (with custard)

Sitting there not sat there, FFS.
Squeeze bottles, not only being 'chavvy' are not as environmentally kind as the glass ones. I love the planet and Greta.
Then you should use plastic bottles (and recycle them).

Greta is seemingly most concerned about climate change and plastic bottles are better than glass for that.

They're heavy - that's the problem. Better to take your milk in a plastic bottle, sad to say.

I don't drink cow's milk; the dairy industry revolts me. Yet I'll eat Foir Gras if served it.

I've just realised I live a life of contradictions!!!

Then you should use plastic bottles (and recycle them).

Greta is seemingly most concerned about climate change and plastic bottles are better than glass for that.
Make recycleing worth while as opposed to the right thing to do and we may get somewhere. 50p deposit on cans for instance and i would personally while out walking pick up every one of the things dropped by lazy bastards.