General Custer Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

General Custer Thread

Make recycleing worth while as opposed to the right thing to do and we may get somewhere. 50p deposit on cans for instance and i would personally while out walking pick up every one of the things dropped by lazy bastards.

This is exactly what happens in sweden.

This is exactly what happens in sweden.

When I was young me n my bro would walk miles, through bins and everything with a magnet ppulling out alluminium cans, crushing them and taking them on a train to birmingham city centre where they would just chuck em on the track and pay you cash. Think it worked out about a half to a penny a can which was like big easy money at the time. Prob 20-30 quid for lumping about a sticky couple of black bin liners

When I was young me n my bro would walk miles, through bins and everything with a magnet ppulling out alluminium cans, crushing them and taking them on a train to birmingham city centre where they would just chuck em on the track and pay you cash. Think it worked out about a half to a penny a can which was like big easy money at the time. Prob 20-30 quid for lumping about a sticky couple of black bin liners

In sweden is was 1 crown which was about 10p. People leave their cans and beer bottles on the walls or easy to see places and the students/children hoover them up to make some extra change. They have done it for 20 years.

We used to do it with pop bottles but here people think, 10p, not worth it, chuck it.