Garner, so long then | Vital Football

Garner, so long then

Not arsed about him couldn't get in team last season this season looked like he couldn't give a shyte
So won't be missed

He's been starved of service in a diabolical team but still managed 7 goals. In a half decent side he'd get 20+ at this level.

He's getting on, his contract is about to expire, the salary cap is going to limit his earning potential in the UK and he can't be enjoying being at the club under these circumstances. So if he has an offer to go to India for one last decent pay day then I don't blame him for wanting to take it. I imagine admin are happy to shift one of the most likely higher earners so he probably didn't need to ask twice to get released early from his deal.

Good servant to the club, under utilised last season and had little to work with this year. Thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best.

I can't say I am sad to see him depart, he has been a bit player for most of his time with us, however I thought that this season would have been a way of paying back the club for having the faith to extend his contract and the fans for not seeing much of him. I wish him well and hope that the move goes well for him and his family and thank him for his time with us.

Just read he hasn't actually signed for anyone yet.
Hoping to join Fowlers Indian club or maybe a club in Cyprus.
Very strange for him to jack it in when he did if there was nothing definite on the table.

Just read he hasn't actually signed for anyone yet.
Hoping to join Fowlers Indian club or maybe a club in Cyprus.
Very strange for him to jack it in when he did if there was nothing definite on the table.

I think there was something definite on the table when he asked to leave but clearly hasn't gone to plan.

If new owners come in he might end up coming back if no one else comes in.

Doesn't deserve to be allowed back - feckin rat

He is coming up on 33, already took a pay cut after relegation, in the last 6 or so months of his contract and the salary cap in L1 means he wont be able to get a decent contract staying here and trying to find a club when his deal runs out. His next move is probably his last so if he was offered a big pay day and he left when we were dreadful, he was starved of service and the takeover was not looking like it was imminent. So i think most people in that position offered a last decent deal to retire on like Pilkington and Fox would take it.

He asked to be let out of his contract Admin didn't have to say yes. Inder the circumstances you cant blame him - I think only reason anyone is still here is they didn't have a better alternative - not a sense of loyalty.

Last edited:
He is coming up on 33, already took a pay cut after relegation, in the last 6 or so months of his contract and the salary cap in L1 means he wont be able to get a decent contract staying here and trying to find a club when his deal runs out. His next move is probably his last so if he was offered a big pay day and he left when we were dreadful, he was starved of service and the takeover was not looking like it was imminent. So i think most people in that position offered a last decent deal to retire on like Pilkington and Fox would take it.

He asked to be let out of his contract Admin didn't have to say yes. Inder the circumstances you cant blame him - I think only reason anyone is still here is they didn't have a better alternative - not a sense of loyalty.

I agree with 99% of what you say KDZ, however I must admit I am disappointed with him for asking to be released from a contract he signed at the start of the season and although he has not yet found a club to go to failing to remain part of the squad and playing his part in saving the club that offered him an extension to his playing career. I understand the reasons for a move on his behalf but disagree with him not wanting to remain part of the fight. I would have been happy to see him released and move straight on to either India or Cyprus but to be kicking his heels whilst we are having to play inexperienced players up front is hard to swallow.