Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

Regardless of what's happened to him over the last year or 2 (his or RM's fault!?) I can't see how any Spurs fan cannot be excited by this signing.

Potentially it could be terrible but if it happens my god I'd be excited to begin with lol shame fans ain't in the stadium because it would give the fans a big lift which would also lift the players.
100%

I'm fed up over all this Bale rubbish, however we can't be any worse than we were on the weekend and the 70 weekends before.

If it happens then it'll give us something to talk about rather than the hopeless tactics of a seemingly clueless Jose and his disinterested troops.

I don't think Bale would last 5 mins under our training regime that has history of breaking players.

But....bring it on. Why the hell not.

I don't know how I'd feel about this if it came off. My heart would love it as any Spurs fan would because of his past with us, however my head is saying no, don't ever go back!

Too injury prone, has lacked playing time for a while now and is the wrong side of 30.

But like Scott says, who wouldn't be excited about it!?

I just want to say people need to realise if we sign Bale we are not signing a world class player anymore. He has not played a full season in years. He has been injured for long periods in the last 5 seasons for the 2 he has not been involved hardly at all. Just think back when can you last remember anyone saying Bale had a truly world class game today. I can't remember. His attitude has changed he would just cost us a fortune and piss off a few players. He will not be back up for Kane. He will either replace Lucas ,berg ,Son or Lamela. He is an injury prone player who will definitely fall out with Jose and cost well over £200000 a week

I just want to say people need to realise if we sign Bale we are not signing a world class player anymore. He has not played a full season in years. He has been injured for long periods in the last 5 seasons for the 2 he has not been involved hardly at all. Just think back when can you last remember anyone saying Bale had a truly world class game today. I can't remember. His attitude has changed he would just cost us a fortune and piss off a few players. He will not be back up for Kane. He will either replace Lucas ,berg ,Son or Lamela. He is an injury prone player who will definitely fall out with Jose and cost well over £200000 a week

Last 5 seasons, 159 games and 66 goals. Averaging 31 games and 13 goals per season. I’ll take that but can see him getting 20+ this season. What a way to improve my mood after Sunday. COYS!!! Get it done

Sounds like you are talking about Adebayour!

PJ, even a 50% Bale should improve our team. Seeing how many potential (mooted) signings you have written off, surely we're at a stage just adding another string to our bow may just help to get a better tune our of this lot! Better than Wilson, Deeney et al.

...and Robbie, Crouchy, Defoe....
Crouchy and Defoe were like boomerangs. They just kept coming back. I dunno if they ever actually left.
I wasn't so fussed about Keane coming back. He left us and did all the badge kissing for his 'boyhood' dream.
Teddy felt different. I didn't begrudge him his moment in the sun. Maybe it's rose tinted specs.

I am interested in the financial benefits. How much will he bring in ? Will we end up with a free player or better. ? As for playing benefits......I don't know either.

Well if nothing else it stole Arsenal's thunder with the timing of it. For months the Aubameyang contract story has been simmering and on the day they announce it, it gets buried by the Bale story.