Games Behind Closed Doors. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Games Behind Closed Doors.

I'd worry very much for our financial future if the season was wiped. Five home games of lost revenue, that's probably over 60k paying customers we'd lose out on. Then you've got the potential of losing TV money calculated from the nine rounds of matches not taking place. Season ticket holders demanding partial refunds. It would funny though to see Liverpool and Leeds fans descend upon Downing Street in collective mass rage.

Most importantly beyond Latics, I hope everyone takes no chances, stays safe and well. I also hope no one on here's income is affected. I know my job will probably be in big jeopardy if the virus locks everything down for the next few months as predicted and it's not a nice feeling. This is going to effect multiple industries that go far beyond just the sporting world and now more than ever we need to unite as a country.

60k paying customers versus 60k + dead and counting. Get a grip!

Listen to this mate....me and wife had a walk down canal doing our daily mooch and came across a bunch of lads on bikes parked up and generally acting prick as lads do...there must have been 30 of them all in close proximity.....they aren't getting it. All will go home to their families and it makes a mockery of it all. Wife said report them but no chance...I'm no grass.

You and your I'll would have grassed up Anne Frank. 🤣🤣

Should have called off all football and similar gatherings at the end of February. Worst death rate in the world and it was all political, not science. You keep defending this shambolic shitshow, though. You'll still get your precious Brexit.
I hope you sleep well at night and can easily wash off the blood from your hands come morning. Bootlicker.

Nearly every part of your post is factually wrong. Firstly why are you quoting things said on the 14th March? Why are you attacking me for a statement of what was happening rather than an opinion?

So we should've gone into lockdown at the end of Feb? 2 weeks before the WHO declared it a pandemic and 2 weeks before any other European country called for lockdown? Considering your first post in this thread on the 9th March and you weren't categorically calling for lockdown suggests your playing captain hindsight.

I know folks like you never let the truth get in the way of a good story but the meeting minutes from 34 SAGE meetings over 5 months are available which show that SAGE didn't advise the government to enter lockdown earlier and they ignore it. The government if anything wanted to go into lockdown earlier than SAGE did - Whitty and Vallance both explained the strategy in the timing of lockdown in the daily briefings too at the time. Whoever was in government would've received the same advice as SAGE as it is not politically appointed and doesn't changes if the government changes. For better or worse the government followed the concensus from SAGE - if you wanted lockdown sooner then you are asking the government to not follow the scientific advise they recieved yet here you are critasisng the government for not following it...?

As for absolute worst death rate in the world again you are wrong in terms of total deaths and deaths per million we are not the top as you claim even if we accept all data is 100% true which is highly questionable. Also worth pointing out that population total and density clearly comes into it which we are both very high in not to mention we have a lot of international travel in and out of London as one of the world's top 2 financial capitals. Plus how deaths are counted varies from country to country some countries are counting only hospital deaths while we are counting hospital deaths, deaths in the community. There is currently no like like for like confirmed data we can compare to. I suspect when we do get all the data the death rate will likely track population density which we are one of the higher ones in the world. It's no coincidence that Belgium are one of the few places with a higher density than us and have a worse death stats than us.

If you believe lockdown was the answer to everything why did Sweden and Japan not go into lockdown but have a lower deaths per population than Italy and France who had very strict lockdowns? There are so many variables from country to country there is clearly not a one size fits all approach although I know that doesn't fit your narrative.

Brexit has nothing to do with a global pandemic if you hadn't noticed many EU countries were hit horribly too as we're non EU countries. If we stayed in or left we'd be in exactly the same spot.

I know it's probably hard for you to grasp but I didn't vote for Boris and I am highly critical of SAGE and the government in a variety of ways - I'm not so much defending them as rebutting your false assertions. I think they all acted in good faith but as you said in your first post of this thread it wss an unpresidented pandemic that thanks to China and the WHOs dodgy info initially we were all behind the curve on trying to work it out as we go so ofcourse they got a lot of things wrong. We keep hearing that Germany did so well but I have family in Germany and they were saying there were protests at the shortage of PPE and plenty of governemt critasism that our media never covered. I know you wants to create a simple narrative that your political oponents are terrible people and deliberetly cost lives but it's just your out of control confirmation bias and you undercut your own argument by being critical of the gov not following science and delaying lockdown when the science was delaying lockdown. Pick a lane - the gov should've done lockdown against SAGE wishes earlier or the Government should've followed SAGE advice and waited perhaps even even longer than we did - you can't have it both ways.

Trying to make political capital out of a global pandemic and the tragic loss of life - if anyone needs asking how they sleep at night I suggest you look in a mirror.