Games Behind Closed Doors. | Page 7 | Vital Football

Games Behind Closed Doors.

You're in a small minority bro or just denying for the sake of it, if it meant Latics had a chance to get back to the promised land and we must have had a decent season to be top 6 then you wouldn't want the season scrapped, i reckon you and others (all 9k of us actually) would rather wait 12 months for the season to be restarted than it be scrapped.

Wouldn't it be something to look forward to when all the stress and anxiety has blown over?

Sure would Norm but at the moment I'm just hoping the wife and I survive I dislocated my hip twice in the last fortnight and have had to go in hospital twice just praying not picked anything up we are both vunerable
Looks like it will be a long time till I"ll be fit to go to the DW

Sure would Norm but at the moment I'm just hoping the wife and I survive I dislocated my hip twice in the last fortnight and have had to go in hospital twice just praying not picked anything up we are both vunerable

Sorry to hear that bro, chin up and you take care of yourself and your Mrs, keep posting mate, don't be a stranger! :thumbup:

Jesus Zak that's tough lad...stay safe owd fettler.

Stay safe Zakky. Wife’s Grandma(in her 90’s) fell in her care home the other day. Right fiasco but was taken to hospital in Oldham, discharged wrongly as apparently has a broken hip and bone in her face. Collapsed again and now readmitted and has chest infection, though apparently not Covid at present. Is confused and every likelihood won’t be released. Wife has had a bloody cough for last few days (following a cold) so that’s me self isolating for a fortnight, but more importantly means the poor woman is stuck in hospital at deaths door with visitors prohibited/restricted.

I've a similar story MiW. My Mother in Law (who was in isolation in a care home) had a fall last week and broke her hip. Two operations later, she's not doing well and the hospital reckon she may not walk again.

However, the care home are refusing to have her back, as they say in her current condition, they don't have the facilities (body hoist) to cope with her.

The wife hasn't seen her mum in nearly 3 weeks and is worried sick. (Her dad died in January).

Take care everyone (Zakky especially) .......and love the one you're with.

I've a similar story MiW. My Mother in Law (who was in isolation in a care home) had a fall last week and broke her hip. Two operations later, she's not doing well and the hospital reckon she may not walk again.

However, the care home are refusing to have her back, as they say in her current condition, they don't have the facilities (body hoist) to cope with her.

The wife hasn't seen her mum in nearly 3 weeks and is worried sick. (Her dad died in January).

Take care everyone (Zakky especially) .......and love the one you're with.

Geez, it’s terrible isn’t it. I think at that age we all expect to lose relatives, but not being able to see them when they are ill, alone and perhaps nearing the end is just really awful.

Thanks all it's a bloody mess. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny, 2 weeks ago 8-30 am got in shower 2 mins later leg buckled under me was hanging on to shower frame on one foot water pouring on me couldent switch it off .
1hour 30mins later in complete agony and knackered young female paramedic pops her head round "Are You decent"

On Friday got up and while putting my pants on it went again went down on bathroom floor like I'd been shot damaged my shoulder as well after 2 hours on bathroom floor with a freezing botty the Ambo rolled up again.
The saga continues lol

Thanks all it's a bloody mess. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny, 2 weeks ago 8-30 am got in shower 2 mins later leg buckled under me was hanging on to shower frame on one foot water pouring on me couldent switch it off .
1hour 30mins later in complete agony and knackered young female paramedic pops her head round "Are You decent"

On Friday got up and while putting my pants on it went again went down on bathroom floor like I'd been shot damaged my shoulder as well after 2 hours on bathroom floor with a freezing botty the Ambo rolled up again.
The saga continues lol

Oh Zak that’s so bad, wishing you all the best. I still remember your touchingly kind comments to me last summer. You will get through this. Know that we’re all thinking of you and make sure to let us know how you’re getting on. Above all though, stay safe my friend.

Oh Zak that’s so bad, wishing you all the best. I still remember your touchingly kind comments to me last summer. You will get through this. Know that we’re all thinking of you and make sure to let us know how you’re getting on. Above all though, stay safe my friend.

Thank you so very much Will for your kind thoughts. It is a very worrying time for us all. I think the penny is only just dropping with some of the younger generation
Above all please look after yourself and your family Will I know you have a big future ahead of you 😷😷😷

Fair few sad stories on here & no doubt mirrored across the whole country. It is a scary thot thinking any possible hospitalization of our families & you cannot see or contact them to see how they are doing. Not knowing would only compound any fears or worries you may have. As others have said hope everyones families are all safe & well and puts into perspective our silly little squabbles, arguments & disagreements......

Thank you so very much Will for your kind thoughts. It is a very worrying time for us all. I think the penny is only just dropping with some of the younger generation
Above all please look after yourself and your family Will I know you have a big future ahead of you 😷😷😷

Listen to this mate....me and wife had a walk down canal doing our daily mooch and came across a bunch of lads on bikes parked up and generally acting prick as lads do...there must have been 30 of them all in close proximity.....they aren't getting it. All will go home to their families and it makes a mockery of it all. Wife said report them but no chance...I'm no grass.

Thanks Zak and the same for you. I agree that it took younger people longer to appreciate the severity of the virus. Thankfully now it would seem that the message has got through as none of my friends have left their houses in the last 10 days except to go for walks. You also have a bright future ahead mate so plz make sure to stay safe.

The saga continues lol
Hope the shower did not run out of hot water

But you know what it's like with so much money involved they'll probably plough on hoping for the best until the government tell them they have to stop.

We are apparently 2 weeks behind Italy and other places, and studying how other countries are dealing with it, so hopefully in the time we have we'll be able to replicate some of the best practices.

60k + dead and counting, including my uncle. It's a good job the FA and FL didn't await the government telling them to stop.

The FA didn't need to call off our games, government advisors said the best time to suspend large gatherings to make maximum difference hasn't come yet. The FA put a statement out Thurs night saying they would go ahead. But a number of players at various clubs are now testing positive and isolating so I think it forced their hand to reverse decision over night.

I assume the Rugby League haven't had any cases yet and are following the same government advice as the FA were prior to the various cases changed the situation.

Should have called off all football and similar gatherings at the end of February. Worst death rate in the world and it was all political, not science. You keep defending this shambolic shitshow, though. You'll still get your precious Brexit.
I hope you sleep well at night and can easily wash off the blood from your hands come morning. Bootlicker.