Game week 34 | Page 25 | Vital Football

Game week 34

4 wins in 17 league games for 'proper PL manager' Nuno.

4 in 21 90-minute games if you include the four times he couldn't guide us to a win in normal time against lower league opposition.

I said in a post ages ago I wouldn’t be surprised if EM takes legal action and the end of the season against how he perceives we have been officiated.
I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against us, I think it’s more a question of the standard of officials in this country, it isn’t good enough.

My main problem with this, is it will allow the club to blame our upcoming woes on something else rather than looking at our own shortcomings and seeing what is wrong with the way we do business. Because that will harm us again and again regardless of league we are in if we don’t put it right.
Wolves had an awful lot of poor decisions at the start of the season but they got their heads down kept faith with their manager and got clear.

Exactly. Some of the people complaining about the decisions yesterday need to go back to what they (those same people) were saying about Huddersfield Town fans' bitterness after the play- off final.

Here it is: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

There is this particular post which I thought was very amusing and still do: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

What happened yesterday was that Forest did not play very well and suffered some questionable penalty decisions. They did not, however, bar the save that Wood forced from Pickford, produce many, if any, serious threats on goal. I felt Forest's goal was frequently under pressure, with play down this end and Seltz making some saves. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and move on to the next game, like Everton did after losing 6-0 at Chelsea.

4 wins in 17 league games for 'proper PL manager' Nuno.

4 in 21 90-minute games if you include the four times he couldn't guide us to a win in normal time against lower league opposition.
Nottingham Forest
Sacked: Steve Cooper (19/12)
PL Matches: 17
% Win Rate & PPG: 18% WR, 0.82 PPG
League Position: 17th - 14 points

Hired: Nuno Espirito Santo (20/12)
% Win Rate & PPG: 23.5% WR, 0.94 PPG
League Position: 17th - 26 points (4 points deducted)

He's made absolutely no tangible improvement over Cooper. He's earning an extra 1 point every 10 games. As I've said before, his stats are propped up by those early wins against Newcastle and Man Utd.

His 2024 stats in the PL are worse than Cooper, and read as follows;
PL Matches: 14
% Win Rate & PPG: 14.3% WR, 0.71 PPG

Exactly. Some of the people complaining about the decisions yesterday need to go back to what they (those same people) were saying about Huddersfield Town fans' bitterness after the play- off final.

Here it is: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

There is this particular post which I thought was very amusing and still do: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...-the-21st-century.124660/page-34#post-3365304

What happened yesterday was that Forest did not play very well and suffered some questionable penalty decisions. They did not, however, bar the save that Wood forced from Pickford, produce many, if any, serious threats on goal. I felt Forest's goal was frequently under pressure, with play down this end and Seltz making some saves. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and move on to the next game, like Everton did after losing 6-0 at Chelsea.
You arent comparing apples with apples though.

Huddersfield were complaining about two decisions, one 40-60 and one 60-40, in a game in which they didn't have a single shot on target; a game that we probably wouldn't have had to play had the referee not gotten the Sam Surridge offside wrong against Bournemouth in game 45.

We are talking about a pattern of very serious, very obvious decisions going against us over a long time.

Marinakis has been in charge of this club since 2017, so nearly 7 years. Decisions have gone for and against us, including in the PL last year. There were decisions we disagreed with but I think most of us would accept that overall things evened out. I remember one of those seasons in the championship I think we went about 50 games without being awarded a penalty.

Marinakis is behaving like this for the first time in 7 years because this is the first time we have seen a sustained period of decisions like this all going against us.

We lost yesterday because we were poor, no question. But at the same time, there were three times when we had bright moments that were cut out by illegal challenges that should then have been rewarded with a penalty. Get 1-0 ahead or to 1-1 and, mentally, it's a different game for us.

Nottingham Forest

He's made absolutely no tangible improvement over Cooper. He's earning an extra 1 point every 10 games. As I've said before, his stats are propped up by those early wins against Newcastle and Man Utd.

And?

Look elsewhere for an argument duck. I posted some stats in response to AdebolaCornflakes comments on Nuno. Quite why you now want to pick a fight with me over it, I really don't know.
Not looking for and arguement cock, as there's nothing to argue about, I was looking for the point your trying to make.

Maybe as I've cornflakes on ignore I missed it.

Nottingham Forest

He was never going to improve things.
I can’t remember who posted the stats, but changes in manager rarely improve things. Most of the time you end up in exactly the same league position as before.
A change in manager only works if you have a poor manager out of his depth to begin with or for whatever reason a manager that just doesn’t fit your club. We had neither of those.

I’m not saying Coops would have definitely kept us up, but a change in manager wasn’t required.

Not looking for and arguement cock, as there's nothing to argue about, I was looking for the point your trying to make.

Maybe as I've cornflakes on ignore I missed it.
Ah fair enough, if you can't see Cornflakes post it would just look like I randomly posted some figures with no explanation or reason. Makes a bit more sense now!

A bit sad putting someone like Cornflakes on ignore.

He may be a snert but he is completely harmless and innoffensive and one of the much more informed posters on here. I don't care if people get fed up of what I have to say and ignore me, but ignoring someone like Cornflakes can only be because you don't want to hear a certain football opinion you don't like.