Game week 34 | Page 32 | Vital Football

Game week 34

The rules are sort of loosey-goosey, though, as this place is pretty much unmoderated.

Folk are only banned cos others hammer the alert button.

That post has some truth to it - particularly the 'unmoderated' part.

From a Forest fan perspective, I am the only one that has 'admin' permissions - but, it's impossible to provide an oversight function when I'm at work, attending games (especially at WFCG = internet blackspot), sleeping or just living a life not on a forum.

If there is an alert when I'm doing my own job etc, then 'admins' from other sites will see the alert (as I can see them on other sites too, but I tend to leave any action to that site's admin), however, for our forum, then typically '@The Fear' will step in.

He has no allegiances to anyone, he's basically impartial and takes the offending post & the alert on merit. He will look at prior bans/behaviour for a poster, before deciding on a course of action - he then emails me to pick this matter up when possible.

As most will appreciate, I've always tried to be lenient, especially when tensions are running high - I'm a Forest fan too, so I do have the same feelings and as such, I try to show empathy/understanding when the dust has settled.

More often than not, I tend not to post in such situations, as I wouldn't want to say things that I shouldn't, certainly post match when I've had a few sherbets .... so, in a 'coward of the county' style, I walk away from trouble when I can.

Unfortunately, certain posters appear not to have a filter - they post with anonymity and probably hope that no one hits the alert button.

Countless times I've also said that, from a group of adult, supposedly like minded Forest fans, the site shouldn't need moderating, behaving as adults, being respectful of the views of others and not abusing anyone really should be the expectation.

Payola has been banned by @The Fear, not for the first time - so, it's hard (when reading the post and what follows) to think it wasn't undeserved.

He may or may not message me directly, he may or may not apologise, so now I have to decide whether the ban is temporary or permanent.

Please feel free to respond on this thread, in a suitable manner and I'll decide in due course.

Cheers

OKD

@Our Kids Dad with respect I don't think it matters who reported anything, and eliminating one or two individuals will just lead to the rather childish "grass" accusation being aimed at other posters more vociferously. Essentially, if you don't want someone to "grass" on you, don't post offensive things in a public domain.

There's a high tolerance on this site, so you really have to go out of your way to cross the line here. If you do that and get yourself banned there aren't any excuses - it's your fault, not the person who reports you.

@Our Kids Dad with respect I don't think it matters who reported anything, and eliminating one or two individuals will just lead to the rather childish "grass" accusation being aimed at other posters more vociferously. Essentially, if you don't want someone to "grass" on you, don't post offensive things in a public domain.

There's a high tolerance on this site, so you really have to go out of your way to cross the line here. If you do that and get yourself banned there aren't any excuses - it's your fault, not the person who reports you.
Grass.

As y'all my internet besties, i hate it when people fall out over a few words.

As the Bee Gees coined, and bettered by Westlife...

Talk in everlasting words
And dedicate them all to me
And I will give you all my life
I'm here if you should call to me

You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say
It's only words and words are all I have
To take your heart away

Thanks - it was intended to de-escalate a situation developing.

I don't expect nor want further finger pointing.

Payola does at times go over the top but we all have the opportunity to put him on ignore.
He shouldn't be banned.
Indeed.

There's plenty others who liberally use industrial language, here and there, and get personal on an internet forum - oxymoron aside.

Just because those they chose to insult can't be arsed, take it for what it is - a bunch of words on a computer monitor/phone screen or tablet -, put them on ignore or just don't respond, they're absolved of their heinous crimes and not sent to detention (or expelled, in Payola's case) by teacher.

I guess, much like the Reds, Payola broke the rules and must be punished, its just sad and weird on a faceless and anonymous internet forum.

But, as said, you're all my best pals...and love y'all!

Indeed.

There's plenty others who liberally use industrial language, here and there, and get personal on an internet forum - oxymoron aside.

Just because those they chose to insult can't be arsed, take it for what it is - a bunch of words on a computer monitor/phone screen or tablet -, put them on ignore or just don't respond, they're absolved of their heinous crimes and not sent to detention (or expelled, in Payola's case) by teacher.

I guess, much like the Reds, Payola broke the rules and must be punished, its just sad and weird on a faceless and anonymous internet forum.

Hmm...

*strokes chin*

SA.

The only person justified on alerting mods was Pope and he didn't.
Anyone else is just a shit stirring worm.

That post has some truth to it - particularly the 'unmoderated' part.

From a Forest fan perspective, I am the only one that has 'admin' permissions - but, it's impossible to provide an oversight function when I'm at work, attending games (especially at WFCG = internet blackspot), sleeping or just living a life not on a forum.

If there is an alert when I'm doing my own job etc, then 'admins' from other sites will see the alert (as I can see them on other sites too, but I tend to leave any action to that site's admin), however, for our forum, then typically '@The Fear' will step in.

He has no allegiances to anyone, he's basically impartial and takes the offending post & the alert on merit. He will look at prior bans/behaviour for a poster, before deciding on a course of action - he then emails me to pick this matter up when possible.

As most will appreciate, I've always tried to be lenient, especially when tensions are running high - I'm a Forest fan too, so I do have the same feelings and as such, I try to show empathy/understanding when the dust has settled.

More often than not, I tend not to post in such situations, as I wouldn't want to say things that I shouldn't, certainly post match when I've had a few sherbets .... so, in a 'coward of the county' style, I walk away from trouble when I can.

Unfortunately, certain posters appear not to have a filter - they post with anonymity and probably hope that no one hits the alert button.

Countless times I've also said that, from a group of adult, supposedly like minded Forest fans, the site shouldn't need moderating, behaving as adults, being respectful of the views of others and not abusing anyone really should be the expectation.

Payola has been banned by @The Fear, not for the first time - so, it's hard (when reading the post and what follows) to think it wasn't undeserved.

He may or may not message me directly, he may or may not apologise, so now I have to decide whether the ban is temporary or permanent.

Please feel free to respond on this thread, in a suitable manner and I'll decide in due course.

Cheers

OKD
He should not be banned permanently imo.

Indeed.

Couldn't agree more - there really shouldn't be any need to get personal when debating issues surrounding the team we support.

Yes, disagree but do so respectfully!

if it crosses the line then fook them. i dont find value in them.
im as vehement as anybody but rarely cross the line even with the morons like Pope etc. Im not sure what that line is in the smallprint, i suspect just common sense, I can call somebody a twat but cant tell them to personally fook off or threaten them. it seems tho if you cant keep to those basics then you shoudnt be allowed in. House rules n all that,
(in generalising, i missed this particular situtation altogether)

So what was the Payola post which got him banned then? Or is that too contentious to re-post/indicate on here?

How many times has the bloke been banned in the past few months or so alone? Must be 3 at least. suspect more historically. Obviously unstable or piss taking on the wind up. Either way shown can't be trusted to give the respect other posters deserve.

Not that he's ever sent anything my way though.

There were some rude comments about Basha and Marco Polo I believe a few pages back. Neither is shy themselves