Gabby Agbonlahor thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Gabby Agbonlahor thread

So many medical experts, I hadn't realised.

I'd advise people to stick to footballing opinions not clap trap please.

goode9 - 20/8/2015 21:46

One of my faves was when he scored a last minute equaliser at Everton, ran over to us and chucked his shirt in the fans. Then must have realised he had another few minutes to play. Can't remember if he got it back!! Ha.

Must be the game I was at, I had enjoyed a beverage or two I have to say. Anyway, at one point a few stewards were trying to take a shirt back off the lads in front of me, I was just about to get annoyed at the stewards for bullying when I realised Gabby was standing there with no top on !!!!!! :3:

I was very pleased I didn't re-grab the shirt off the stewards before I realised, I'd have made a right numpty of myself!!!!

Yeah 2011 it was, been to some really good away days up at Everton over the years.

On a topical note I've just chucked a tenner on Gabby to score and us to win tomorrow @7/1..... Shit.

Gabby's problem is, has, and always will be his inability to control the ball at speed. The only way he can go past anyone is to push it and run or get it knocked through for him to run onto as when he tries to run with it at speed he basically trips over it and it slows him down so that defenders can easily stay with him. What I don't understand is that surely coaches have noticed this problem and got him playing to his strengths instead of his weaknesses. Standing still with his back to goal isn't going to frighten defenders. Last week I was watching Sinclair having to turn around and come back because he was being double teamed and didn't have the pace to go past on the outside, wish he had Gabby's pace. Kevin Keegan made a career of running off the ball, pity someone couldn't teach that to Gabby.

Gabby can run off the ball Oscararc.
Gabby can head the ball.
Gabby can kick the ball.
GAbby just can't think while he's doing one of the above.

The issue for me is I think at least 95% of fans agree that Gabby is probably not good enough to be a certain starter for a premier league club with ambitions to be successful.

However, the truth of the matter is, at this point in time , there is no-one better than him !!

It's as simple as that - Ayew may go on to be as good as Benteke, but at the moment, he looks out of his depth. Gestede, may go on to be the next Dion Dublin, but at the moment he is a Championship player who has potential etc.....

Until either Ayew improves, or we buy a guy who has proved he can be a premier league proven goalscorer (ie: Austin) then Gabby has to play. At least we know Gabby "can" do it and thats why I have said in every thread I have commented on "these new players have no time to "settle" they need to hit the ground running and be better than the players we already have" - so far, Ayew / Sinclair have not shown they are better

Shame, but thats the way it is.

I agree Holte, however in another thread I was told Gestede is a far superior player to Austin and represents much better value.

I'm not allowed to mention Austin.... There's no way we are signing him so I can't speak of him or give an opinion on him. Apparently it's cos he's in my fantasy team?? At the moment I see Tim playing Gabby, rightly or wrongly.

He was by far our worst player against Utd, to play him again worries me more than any result.

We need a decent manager, not another fraud.

Do we need a petition or something to get Flabby Brazil out of the fookin side or what?

Staggeringly inept performance today - *yet another* pathetic pass back to their goalie followed by Sunday League Hangover loss of ball and control of even his own body shortly after ...

I'm telling ya, there's something wrong with the guy physically ...

Does anyone remember tyhat old 90's TV show Quantum Leap?

The time-travelling one. The one with the catchy theme tune. And that timeless opening narration - you know the one:

"Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

If only...

IF ONLY...

Dr Beckett could leap into Ciaran Clark's body in January 2014, and break Gabby's leg instead of Kozak's.

Agrees BBB! We might as well as start each game with 10 men. I have never really run Gabby down, however he really does have to be dropped and dropped for a long time

It's a bit harsh to wish an injury as nasty as what Kozak had on anyone... but to be frank, I'm honestly starting to think that's the only way Gabby will find himself dropped from the team.

Although if he did get injured, he'd probably just end up coming on to the pitch in a wheelchair. It's not as though it would affect his overall contribution, is it?

It is such a shame because, he has given great service, he has given some bloody good moments (especially in the Derbies) and clearly does love the clun - but he has gone on 3 years too long at the club.

If he had left 3 yrs ago, he would have gone down as "a player who the fans will always fondly remember"

The longer this goes on, he is just going to go down as being hated.

Sherwood needs to sell him before the end of next week, for everyones sake, including his own

Don't need to sell him really - he could still be a good impact player, good sub, good to have around the club & in the dressing room etc. The problem lies that he keeps starting, where really he should be benched. Gabby brought on in the last 20 mins when the opposition is tiring, can be a better player than Gabby starting!