Gabby Agbonlahor thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

Gabby Agbonlahor thread

Whether or not he is sacked, at this point of time I can't see him playing for us again. I hope we sack him, even if we lost the tribunal it would send a clear message to the players and the fans that the club is trying to sort out some the issues, worst case scenario we have to pay contract off which we would have had to do anyway.

His attitude is poisonous, his performances have been pathetic and the sooner we can get rid of him the better. I don't think the fans will ever accept him after these recent incidents coupled with his performance this season

Let's be honest, we're the best club he's ever going to play for championship or not, any move he makes will be to a smaller club as a bit part player (if he gets his act together). I just get the feeling he's retired, much like Nzogbia. Gave up football years ago.

Time to let him go, could care less if we have to pay him off, just wish we were decisive.

This is what an employment agent has said about sacking him in The B'ham Mail

I can not see how Gabby can ever play for Villa again, even if he isn't sacked. The fans will never accept it. He will be given hell

......................................................................................................................

What are the chances of Aston Villa sacking Gabby Agbonlahor? We ask an employment expert

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Agbonlahor has been suspended and will conduct an investigation following the striker’s conduct at the weekend

............................................................................................

Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor looks set to be UNSACKABLE following his alleged alcohol fuelled laughing gas antics at the weekend.

The club announced today that the striker had been suspended and will conduct an investigation following the striker’s conduct at the weekend. His antics took place just hours after the team were relegated from the Premier League.

A top unemployment law solicitor today confirmed the striker was likely to receive a written warning but the sack was unlikely.

Cont: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-chances-aston-villa-sacking-11209541?

Well give him a written warning and micro manage him. Drug test him each and every day at BH, employ a PI to monitor his movements . There are ways and means of dealing with bad apples

When Black mentioned the word "anarchy" last week I thought it was a bit OTT. Seemingly not.
The spiral of decline is accelerating to a point now these last 48 hours have left me feeling ill . I cannot quite get my head around the state of affairs .

What an absolute disgrace he is!

He had a run in last season with Roy Keane, who criticized his work ethic, and said that he had an extremely poor attitude, and that he was not a leader in the dressing room.

His behaviour since then has been nothing short of shameful!

He should never have been made Club Captain, a position which carries the responsibility of being a good role model to the younger players and leading by example.

Not only is flabby Gabby not fit to wear the shirt, he's not fit to lead a troop of boy scouts!

He sold his house last year and is now unfortunately heading down the same path as Paul Gascoigne, Alan Hudson and Kenny Sansom.

No doubt in due time, when the money runs out, we'll be reading similar stories of his demise and descent into abject hell!

Kev at least Gazza,Hudson and Sansom fulfilled their careers and actually put the effort in this prick has shown nothing but contempt and a total lack of respect to the very people and club who have made his dream lavish lifestyle a reality.
Personally I hope he does lose the lot.

gator - 19/4/2016 22:24

Kev at least Gazza,Hudson and Sansom fulfilled their careers and actually put the effort in this prick has shown nothing but contempt and a total lack of respect to the very people and club who have made his dream lavish lifestyle a reality.

Andy, he's a twat of the highest order. I've completely lost what little respect I had remaining for him.

I just can't get my head around his thinking. It's only two weeks after his Dubai antics. He's clearly learned nothing.

You're quite correct about Hudson and co actually fulfilling their careers.

I mean, I'm not suggesting for one moment that Agbonlahor was in their class. He wasn't.

He had extremely limited ability, yet in the early years he built himself a decent enough career, playing for his local club, and earning damn good money doing it.

He's just gone off the rails completely. Obviously he's been doing this sort of stuff for a while, he hasn't just been caught on the two occasions he erred.

No wonder he already looks like a middle aged has been.

He's an absolute disgrace to his profession.

glensider - 19/4/2016 23:00

gator - 19/4/2016 22:24

Andy, he's a twat of the highest order. I've completely lost what little respect I had remaining for him.

I just can't get my head around his thinking. It's only two weeks after his Dubai antics. He's clearly learned nothing.

You're quite correct about Hudson and co actually fulfilling their careers.

I mean, I'm not suggesting for one moment that Agbonlahor was in their class. He wasn't.

He had extremely limited ability, yet in the early years he built himself a decent enough career, playing for his local club, and earning damn good money doing it.

He's just gone off the rails completely. Obviously he's been doing this sort of stuff for a while, he hasn't just been caught on the two occasions he erred.

No wonder he already looks like a middle aged has been.

He's an absolute disgrace to his profession.
Yeah mate absolute ****** he really is he I hope his next shit is an hedgehog.

Losing the club captaincy will be least of his worries.

I don't know anything really about his personal life, apart from he likes a holiday to Miami, but I imagine he's the sort of bloke that attracts a certain type of 'mate'. The is there today and gone tomorrow, when the money has blown. I've heard rumors about this and that about him, I can't comment as I don't know him personally or even those in the Erdington region might, but he is the sort of guy you look at on £60k a week who's probably surrounded by wannabe drug lords and will blow that money by time he's 40 one or another.

....he's a twat of the highest order.

He most certainly is.

I just can't get my head around his thinking.

Footballers are not generally know for their intelligence at the best of times, and Gabriel Agbonlahor takes this to a whole new level of jaw-dropping idiocy and stupidity.

"As thick as two short planks" is a well-worn phrase from my youth (possibly used about me on a regular basis) but never was it more apt when applied to this son of Erdington.

How the club can't see the huge reputational damage this idiot is inflicting beggars belief, and I simply can't believe that his behaviour, and lack of fitness, does not constitute some breach of contract? Just how one-sided are footballers' contracts these days?

Pride of Lions - 19/4/2016 17:16

Bonker - 20/4/2016 00:01

Pride of Lions - 19/4/2016 16:49

Agbonlahor = the new Gascoigne?........

Well Gazza is/was the best footballer of my generation mate so that'd be a big no!

I was thinking of where he's heading if he's not careful.....

:14:

Ah ok - I'd still say no cos it takes real drive to do the alcoholic/woteva thing and Flabby don't got that ...

He'll probably be 18 stone in five years time though ...

glensider - 19/4/2016 22:04

What an absolute disgrace he is!

He had a run in last season with Roy Keane, who criticized his work ethic, and said that he had an extremely poor attitude, and that he was not a leader in the dressing room.

I was just thinking of Roy Keane and his bust up with Flabby ...

It really does beggar belief that things have been allowed to get his far - I thought the shisha pipe outrage was hysterical tbh cos the guy's been 20lbs overweight for a season+ and yet that, apparently, was perfectly fine up until recently ...

The chronic mismanagement of the club is, still now, hard to believe and over such an extended period of time too ...

It's stuff like this that, believe it or not, actually makes me have some sympathy with Lerner cos he can't possibly be blamed, directly, for shit like this yet it's been ongoing for years and it's his money that's been pissed away in an incredible manner all the way back to MON and PF ...

If we can't sack him, then he should be in a bomb-squad of 1, at home, on his own, in his room, no tv, chocolate or drugs. Or burgers, slappers or mates.

Ever.

JuanPabloAngel - 20/4/2016 13:48

....he's a twat of the highest order.

How the club can't see the huge reputational damage this idiot is inflicting beggars belief, and I simply can't believe that his behaviour, and lack of fitness, does not constitute some breach of contract? Just how one-sided are footballers' contracts these days?

http://tinyurl.com/jnfffas

Here's an example of a player's contract and I imagine they're all fairly similar. Gross misconduct includes "breach of or failure to comply with of any of the terms of this contract".

One of the terms of the contract is:

3.1.3 except to the extent prevented by injury or illness to maintain a high standard of physical fitness at all times and not to indulge in any activity sport or practice which might endanger such fitness or inhibit his mental or physical ability to play, practise. or train.