Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings) | Page 24 | Vital Football

Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings)

I wasn't doing my consumer thing properly in 2018, so I think that was the latest update, but a lot of what was said there about the set up and inherent unfairness (driven basically by securing guaranteed profit irrespective of use) looks familiar and I'd already known from my days which would've gone back to at least 2012 at the latest - which was give or take, around the time I stepped away I think.

So a hell of a lot hasn't changed, even if the £ figures are now out of date again. It's just been sat on and sat on for years and ignored. As I remember it (could be wrong), even back then (2010-12ish) most of the non standing order offers were only applicable to certain income levels and people not on prepay. But I remember the argument being made it could clearly be done, why not do that across the board and let people switch on a unit and use basis, rather than standing charges being the driver.

I believe the estimate now is around £300 for dual fuel given the rises and in line with your figures, but true cost estimates are around the £100 to £150 absolute tops, so as prices have risen (and the OPEC market is a different but linked debate) they are still creaming extra on top for absolutely no reason other than greed.

And pretty much like every regulator in the country, they defacto encourage it and no Gov has ever addressed it properly.

I have a pretty low opinion that this current investigation will amount to anything of note other than a bit of consumer lip service either. But live in hope.

And again, this is also devoid of any comment about bonuses and shareholders leaching on top of what is, national security.

Well this is good news. For those of us that pay our bills with regards to gas and electric, we will now have to pay a subsidy to protect the energy company profits to make up for those that can't, or choose not to pay their bills.

:slap:

this country is a farce. All that money being made, should be going back into the country, not into the pockets of shareholders. We could be leading the way, filling the coffers, doing so well, but no, we sold it all off.

Same with the water companies, those who have ok'd the polluting of our rivers and lakes, killing wildlife, should be in prison. Instead? The public will see our bills go up to compensate the criminals and to help them build better facilities to make more money for themselves and their shareholders.

A damning article with regards to Sunaks attempt to roll out heat pumps. They are not the answer, only this fuckin idiot and the people making money off them think it is. This will be Michelle Mone all over again. Another con.

Selling off the water companies in particular was an absolute joke as nobody gets a choice on provider , it's a monopoly by region . Competition is the lifeblood of business and when there isn't any then there's problems. What a fucking mess.

Selling off the water companies in particular was an absolute joke as nobody gets a choice on provider , it's a monopoly by region . Competition is the lifeblood of business and when there isn't any then there's problems. What a fucking mess.
You can never really have competition in water can you, it's a natural monopoly. The privatisation of water and attempt to introduce 'competition' has given us the worst of all worlds. Another Tory masterstroke.

You can never really have competition in water can you, it's a natural monopoly. The privatisation of water and attempt to introduce 'competition' has given us the worst of all worlds. Another Tory masterstroke.
There is no competition, I have a choice of 1 provider. And when they put the price up by whatever % annually I have a choice of accept it or have the supply cut off. Wankers

Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I'd use this one. We need a new boiler so I've had a look round but have no idea what is good and what isn't. Can anyone help please ?

The number of smart meters in Great Britain not working properly has risen by over a million, the latest figures show.

According to data from the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ), 2.7 million were not operating in smart mode as of June 2023 - by the end of the year this had gone up to 3.98 million.

Even the likes of Alexis Conran have been talking about these faults.

What's Ofgem looking at, alongside the serial rape of the poor in the country when it comes to standing charges - oh, cheaper prices at low demand times of the day that smart meters can monitor and adjust for the cheapest prices.

Maybe if we used these fucking idiots wages and bonuses to fix the existing problems, they'd have stumbled over an idea that might give them minimum wage.

Oh stupid me, isn't this the old Economy Seven?

The number of smart meters in Great Britain not working properly has risen by over a million, the latest figures show.

According to data from the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ), 2.7 million were not operating in smart mode as of June 2023 - by the end of the year this had gone up to 3.98 million.

What's Ofgem looking at, alongside the serial rape of the poor in the country when it comes to standing charges - oh, cheaper prices at low demand times of the day that smart meters can monitor and adjust for the cheapest prices.

Maybe if we used these fucking idiots wages and bonuses to fix the existing problems, they'd have stumbled over an idea that might give them minimum wage.

Economy 7 was before its time. We now have dishwashers and washing machines, tumble driers and ovens that can all be programmed to come on over night. But I'm guessing that they will just hike the day time tariffs whilst not doing much of a reduction of the nightime tariff. As a heating tariff it was never any good because it just left the house hot all day and was cold again by night when everyone was home from work and freezing. Ofgem are in the pockets of the suppliers, and they have deep pockets. As a nation we have been stitched right up by big business ably assisted by government. I would like to think a change of government might make some inroads into the problems, but fear they will be just as rotten as what we already have, only in a yet as unseen different way.

About four years ago I sat next to the regional manager for the South West of England up the Holte End of all places. He was based at the time not far from where we live. He didn't have a good word too say about the meters, except too say they kept him in a very well paid job. As for the monitors most companies will not replace a faulty monitor after one year even if it's faulty, and not the customers fault. British Gas have a no change policy. However the meters continue to send readings, assuming they are accurate,so custom.ers see no benefits, but the company still gets it's readings. The whole idea was sold on the customer being able to see their usage.
Another "con"

The UK is set to waste more than £16billion this decade after regulatory and planning failures have left Scotland producing more wind power than can be transmitted down South.

I know I shouldn't pick on Rishi but:

Debate Tory GIF by GIPHY News

Is it one titled 'I know a song that will get on your fucking nerves' but I need a minute to book another helicopter at your expense?

The UK is set to waste more than £16billion this decade after regulatory and planning failures have left Scotland producing more wind power than can be transmitted down South.

I know I shouldn't pick on Rishi but:

Debate Tory GIF by GIPHY News

Is it one titled 'I know a song that will get on your fucking nerves' but I need a minute to book another helicopter at your expense?
That's if you believe everything in the Mail.😁 The article does say "may cost".

That's if you believe everything in the Mail.😁 The article does say "may cost".

Ha, I meant to say I didn't believe the 16b but could easily see it being around the 8ish level as the claim would naturally come as an estimation of 'best days' production and extrapolate from that.

I, however, focused on getting the Rishi dig in lol