Front of shirt sponsor, kind of... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Front of shirt sponsor, kind of...

It could just be that i am full of flu but fair play to em, he feels we are worth more than £2m and wont undersell forest, preferring to help a charity.
I was thinking that it is poor negotiation, since being done now rather than at the start of the season showed only that Forest's efforts to get a commercial sponsor had failed. But actually, you are right. Not underselling, and giving instead to charity for free is better, not just on shirt sponsorship. It shows that the club is not desperate, and will not breach negotiation red lines. This my, for instance, be an important message to be communicating ahead of an important transfer window.

Someone at the club really hasn't met their performance management targets this year.

Boxt's £2m offer is looking good at this point- an unnecessary loss of income really to go the season without a sponsor in the PL.

Nice to give a freebie with a charity, but a PL team shouldn't have to do this because they are at a loose end on the front of their shirts.

I wonder what went on with this?

Most at the club we're happy with BOXT.... EM/MM thought they could secure 5x that amount!

Glad it's a charity & more so, that I got the shirts for kids (although not kids anymore) without a sponsor

Negotiations with potential sponsors would have become nigh on impossible after the start we had. Trying to convince a sponsor to commit to a Premier League value deal when it looked like we’d be back in the Championship next season was never going to work. If we stay up and strengthen again in the summer then we’ll be in a much better place to negotiate a more lucrative deal. This is a really sensible holding position that should generate good will and also sends the signal that we’re willing to wait for the right deal.

Shame the charity wasnt local too but fairly sure we (vital) suggested this months ago.

Vital is a wise counsellor.

Sometimes.

Maybe get a charity on there ASAP until the end of the season?

No point it being blank when you could do some good work. (I'll bet it isn't a gambling addiction charity...)

The lack of sponsor is a shambles.

Not to put a worthy charity on for free while we wait, is a missed opportunity.

I get that, but what exposure? And to whom?

We are a PL club already. Are you saying this will give us more exposure to potential future sponsors? If so fair enough; but we need to stay up first.

Would also point out that £0 is a lot less money than £2m. I don't blame the club for rejecting that and thinking they could get better. But getting better than that as a PL club shouldn't be too hard- 19 others have a sponsor- so I would be interested to know what went wrong with negotiations. Not blaming anyone per se
I have a feeling that this £2m lost revenue opportunity will be more than recouped next year if we stay up.

so Forests sponsor revenue ask could be met providing we survive. We’d be a far less risky proposition you would think. Now, go down and we’ve shot ourselves totally in the foot

They obviously couldn't get the mega deal they were after it's too far into the season to attract someone now especially as we are in the bottom 3, this seems a good idea for the rest of the season gives the club a good image. If we stay up we will get a bigger sponsor next season.

It’s a disgrace

These illegals are immediately given a house, a job, a car, all their shopping, this weeks lottery numbers, get out of jail free cards while our pensioners just have their house, their second home, their savings, the triple lock, free healthcare & prescriptions, winter fuel payments & free travel.

Disgusting

We didn’t win great victories like Dunkirk by running away.

I turned 60 earlier in the year - went to collect and pay for my prescriptions - got told the were now free.
Still working full time - on a good wage - not sure why its suddenly free - but it pays for my pre-match beers

Who cares if we haven’t secured money for the sponsorship? Great gesture and another sign that we’re the good guys.

Panasonic would have looked better.
Or Wrangler. "The best jeans, because Mr Wrangler says so". Or reprise Jonny Metgod in the Skol lager shirts.
On reflection, bearing in mind how most of the products advertised on Nottingham Forest shirts- including Shipstones- have been the obviously least good version of the product being advertised, I shall ensure that I do not buy a Boxi boiler. Of course following this logic would also mean that Forest are not helping refugees, but are in some way hampering them. Still, it is Christmas, so they might like their hampers.