Front of shirt sponsor, kind of... | Vital Football

Front of shirt sponsor, kind of...

Strett

Vital Football Hero
Nottingham Forest Football Club is proud to announce a new international charity partnership with UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, to support relief efforts for people fleeing conflict and persecution around the world.

From the start of 2023 and for the remainder of the season, both the Nottingham Forest Men’s and Women’s teams will participate in all fixtures with the logo of UK for UNHCR on the front of their shirts, as a sign of solidarity for families who have been forced to flee their homes and communities....

Great gesture, well done Forest.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/...k-for-unhcr-launch-charity-shirt-partnership/

Someone at the club really hasn't met their performance management targets this year.

Boxt's £2m offer is looking good at this point- an unnecessary loss of income really to go the season without a sponsor in the PL.

Nice to give a freebie with a charity, but a PL team shouldn't have to do this because they are at a loose end on the front of their shirts.

I wonder what went on with this?

Someone at the club really hasn't met their performance management targets this year.

Boxt's £2m offer is looking good at this point- an unnecessary loss of income really to go the season without a sponsor in the PL.

Nice to give a freebie with a charity, but a PL team shouldn't have to do this because they are at a loose end on the front of their shirts.

Interesting.

It's difficult to disagree with your point regarding short-term revenue, albeit £2m is not a lot of money at all. However, it could be argued that this charitable gesture may generate more exposure, ergo more income over the medium term.

This also projects the image of a caring club, sitting cherubic-like in an industry that is littered with booze and gambling money.

This may be a commercial masterstroke.

Interesting.

It's difficult to disagree with your point regarding short-term revenue, albeit £2m is not a lot of money at all. However, it could be argued that this charitable gesture may generate more exposure, ergo more income over the medium term.

This also projects the image of a caring club, sitting cherubic-like in an industry that is littered with booze and gambling money.

I get that, but what exposure? And to whom?

We are a PL club already. Are you saying this will give us more exposure to potential future sponsors? If so fair enough; but we need to stay up first.

Would also point out that £0 is a lot less money than £2m. I don't blame the club for rejecting that and thinking they could get better. But getting better than that as a PL club shouldn't be too hard- 19 others have a sponsor- so I would be interested to know what went wrong with negotiations. Not blaming anyone per se

I get that, but what exposure? And to whom?

We are a PL club already. Are you saying this will give us more exposure to potential future sponsors? If so fair enough; but we need to stay up first.

Would also point out that £0 is a lot less money than £2m. I don't blame the club for rejecting that and thinking they could get better. But getting better than that as a PL club shouldn't be too hard- 19 others have a sponsor- so I would be interested to know what went wrong with negotiations. Not blaming anyone per se

Merry Knackers is primarily a capitalist/industrialist, he has done something similar before with Olympiacos. So there will be some commercial benefit. People will naively think this is an altruistic gesture.

This will get him invites to places he would not have been, press the flesh with people that he would not ordinarily do, and open opportunity doors, that were only closed before.

If it is only he who sees the benefits, great. A richer owner means more money being spent on the team.

Why cant we support a BRITISH charity that looks after OUR homeless veterans??? :mad:

Simple as

It’s a disgrace

These illegals are immediately given a house, a job, a car, all their shopping, this weeks lottery numbers, get out of jail free cards while our pensioners just have their house, their second home, their savings, the triple lock, free healthcare & prescriptions, winter fuel payments & free travel.

Disgusting

We didn’t win great victories like Dunkirk by running away.

Interesting.

With three out of four of my grandparents being refugees, I'm fully behind this.

Also I'm not scared to mention this as I have business interests in Rwanda anyway lol.

Shame the charity wasnt local too but fairly sure we (vital) suggested this months ago.