Friendlies | Page 4 | Vital Football

Friendlies

FFS, why won't they stream these games?!

Friendlies?

They aren't going out of their way to announce them anyway, for fear of fans turning up. But also, lack of demand and the fact, they are just training things, if they screened them, half the fans (?!?!)would be screaming blue murder that he was shit, or he was this that or the other.

There really is no need at all to televise or to incur the costs.

Maybe,the media stuff isn't great right now. But with everything going on, it is still pretty irrelevant. They could do a summary I guess. No idea if they are stretched themselves and restricting how many people are going to these games.

I like watching friendlies. It's the only time we turn up. Last summer there was some good stuff on, Minnesota, RB Leipzig.

Hope Ramsey gets his chance. I'd rather he tasted the real stuff with us rather than being farmed out on loan and then released.

I like watching friendlies. It's the only time we turn up. Last summer there was some good stuff on, Minnesota, RB Leipzig.

Hope Ramsey gets his chance. I'd rather he tasted the real stuff with us rather than being farmed out on loan and then released.

If the kid can mix it against some of the best midfield players in the world (friendly or not) and score two goals for his efforts we should be giving him a shot, We never know just how good he could be.

When you look at Jacob, out of all competitions he has played 73 games, scored 27 and assisted 11 not bloody bad for an attacking midfielder and now has two goals notched against Arsenal who have world class keepers.

Here's a link I just found from last year about the Ramsey brothers and they've even got a third brother in the Academy!

https://underagaslitlamp.com/2019/1...asty-at-the-forefront-of-aston-villas-future/

It's a shame we're in the position we're in and we can't really relax to give some of these youngsters their fair shot, but fair play to Dean Smith for putting him in and hopefully we'll be seeing more of him.

Friendlies?

They aren't going out of their way to announce them anyway, for fear of fans turning up. But also, lack of demand and the fact, they are just training things, if they screened them, half the fans (?!?!)would be screaming blue murder that he was shit, or he was this that or the other.

There really is no need at all to televise or to incur the costs.

Fans didn’t turn up to Villa Park for scheduled home games though, travelling 120 miles to try and get a glimpse through a hole in the wall at the Emirates is a big risk, last time I went there aren’t any gaps in the stadium!

I get it for a small open ground where you can watch on a hill but a top stadium shouldn’t be a problem, should it?

Friendlies this year are completely different to any other year. Just think about when the season ended, nobody had a chance to set up a proper pre season schedule, I'd imagine these games are just being arranged at the drop of a hat.

Don't think it's too surprising that they aren't allowing camera crews in etc given Covid restrictions and the like. It's hardly necessary.

The goals from Jacob Ramsey are getting the headlines on forums where we’re all so sad we follow these games as best we can :grinning: and rightly so.

The other big thing from yesterday, is that we won a game without Mings or Jack. That’s encouraging and a small confidence boost.

I’m never one to read too much into the results of pre seasons, they have no correlation to provide any reliable form guide heading into a season in my experience. Nevertheless, any ounce of confidence is good for a lot of our players who need to mature this season.

Last edited:
So Manchester United's first Premier League game against Burnley was postponed to give United players an extra week to recover..... and they choose to use this time to travel 2 and a half hours down the M6 to play a football match against Premier League opposition.

Might as well have just played Burnley.

I welcome it, and hopefully Man Utd throw in as many first team players at us as possible.