Freedom of speech n/g | Vital Football

Freedom of speech n/g

valenciagill

Vital Football Hero
In the last week , atleast 3 people have been refused entry into the UK.

Martin Sellner
Brittany Pettibone
Lauren Southern

At Speakers Corner today , there was a large rally of several thousand.

Martin Sellner's 'prohibited ' speech was read out , and went viral.

The Home Office can stop the speaker , but they can't stop the message.

Speakers Corner has been declared a 'Free Speech Zone' , starting today and continuing.

It will be interesting to see what happens before next week.

I have no idea who those people are so can't comment on what they said. However as you have posted this thread Valencia then I guess they are probably right wing anti Muslim. blah blah blah

Free speech isn't free. People died to protect people from dictators and extremists.

Free speech is good, so many on this board have different views but if its simply bile and hate then even if they are free to say it we don't have to listen.

Of course on this board you are free to post your thoughts and I am free to ignore your message.

These people have been refused entry to the UK basically because they pedal far right hatred. It is ironic perhaps that in one thread you support British troops on NATO exercises in Poland and in this thread you clearly have a soft spot for the three; one of whom Brittany Pettibone is a supporter of Russia against NATO. How do you square that circle?

Are you a member of Football Lads Alliance per chance?

markinkent - 18/3/2018 21:14

I have no idea who those people are so can't comment on what they said. However as you have posted this thread Valencia then I guess they are probably right wing anti Muslim. blah blah blah

Free speech isn't free. People died to protect people from dictators and extremists.

Free speech is good, so many on this board have different views but if its simply bile and hate then even if they are free to say it we don't have to listen.

Of course on this board you are free to post your thoughts and I am free to ignore your message.

Very well ignored !

This is all about the Govt trying to shut down any criticism of Islam.

Fuck it I'll bite.

I just googled Muslim Doctors saves lives - this came up

About 9,080,000 results (0.40 seconds)

I then googled Valencia Gill Saves lives - you did far better than I expected to be honest

About 314,000 results (0.33 seconds)

Wayne.Kerr - 18/3/2018 21:21

These people have been refused entry to the UK basically because they pedal far right hatred. It is ironic perhaps that in one thread you support British troops on NATO exercises in Poland and in this thread you clearly have a soft spot for the three; one of whom Brittany Pettibone is a supporter of Russia against NATO. How do you square that circle?

Are you a member of Football Lads Alliance per chance?

I believe in free speech , full stop.

VG: you are deranged; these people incite racial, ethnic and religious hatred, which is a crime in the UK. Many of us criticise extremism, including those who resort to terrorism in the name of islam, but we do it without hatred especially without resorting to hatred of a particular religion. I also find it odd that you find islam so abhorrent when it is a branch of one of the three monotheistic faiths so closely allied to christianity and judaism. I bet you're a member of the Football Lad's Alliance?

markinkent - 18/3/2018 21:29

Fuck it I'll bite.

I just googled Muslim Doctors saves lives - this came up

About 9,080,000 results (0.40 seconds)

I then googled Valencia Gill Saves lives - you did far better than I expected to be honest

About 314,000 results (0.33 seconds)

Why don't you Google 'Telford Rapes' ? The BBC didn't really want to report the story initially , I wonder why ?

While you're in Google mood , there's the Stratford case. ( Keep that one to yourself , it hasn't come out yet )

Hate crimes are beheading our soldiers , blowing up little girls at pop concerts.

Freedom of speech means one can ask why the Koran advocates death to non believers.

Why we can question Mohammed's paedophillia , and question why the Koran values women half of of a man.

We've all seen the consequences of groups of predominantly Asian men , grooming and rapng predominantly young white girls.

Freedom of speech means that we can discuss Islam openly , and the worldwide terrorism that spews from it.

Free speech is an interesting issue in this age of social media. Whilst it is unlikely you will be locked up by writing something racist, sexist or extreme on Facebook or Twitter you will most likely have to endure the furious and angry backlash if you do. Bullying minority or extreme views don't fare well on social media or forums for that matter as the initial responses condemning dodgy comments are soon siezed upon by those keen to show their own outrage. A united condemnation makes us all feel good and the adrenalin and endorphins of moral victory are quite addictive. So, in a way, social platforms police themselves and hopefully some minority extreme view sympathisers get a chance to see how detatched from mainstream thinking they are and question why that might be. It won't completely stop extremist views but it minimises their impact at a time when we are all supposed to be becoming a little more enlightened.

Facebook and Twitter offer no protection from the law. All it needs is a complaint if the administrators don't act.

While the notion of Free Speech is debatable , the enemies of it , seem to be the left wing.

Any criticism of Islam is stifled with accusations of racism , fascists etc etc.

What are people so worried about ?

Can words and thoughts be banned ?

Can a Govt stop millions of people thinking a certain way ?

Wayne.Kerr - 18/3/2018 22:22

Facebook and Twitter offer no protection from the law. All it needs is a complaint if the administrators don't act.

My point exactly Wayne !

You don't like it , so try to remove/silence it !

If I ever do anything illegal , you could always report your hurt feelings to Nobby. Im sure he's got nothing better to do.

" I believe in free speech , full stop. "

No you don't, which is why you and your ilk congregate for real on closed groups. This MB is open to all and even your rubbish gets a hearing.

VG: rather than post anti-islamic statements you've gleaned from anti-islamic sites, groups or the individuals you referred to earlier, why don't you study the koran, surra and hadiths yourself before spouting stupid remarks such as the notion of Mohammed's pedophilia?

If Mohammed was around to-day in the UK advocating and practising sex with under age girls, he would be committing a crime but he was doing his thing one and a half thousand years ago when there was no codified age of consent. The age of consent for sexual activity in the UK is 16. In England and Wales, the age of sexual consent for women has been set at 16 since 1885, when campaigners fought to raise it from 13 to prevent child prostitution. Other countries have set the legal age at anything from 12 to 20. Or is that a whoosh?

Groups of men who groom and rape women don't do it in the name of islam; they happen to be muslims and should be punished for it. it's like saying that a group of young boys, who robbed a tobacconist wore hoodies but it doesn't mean all boys who wear hoodies are robbers.

Blowing up people at pop concerts and trains or beheading soldiers are murder/attempted murder not 'hate' crimes and the perpetrators should be punished accordingly.

Has it never occurred to you that, what we as a nation has done in the Middle East, has most likely fomented hatred among some and given rise to extreme terrorism. Has it ever occurred to you that hobnobbing with the Saudis to whom we sell arms and condemning extreme islam is a contradiction? A contradiction because Saudi Arabia is largely the source of funding and supporting extreme Sunni groups and, by indiscriminately bombing Yemen with our weapons, is causing extremism within Shi'ite factions? no, I didn't think so.

jogills - 18/3/2018 22:43

" I believe in free speech , full stop. "

No you don't, which is why you and your ilk congregate for real on closed groups. This MB is open to all and even your rubbish gets a hearing.

Any regular on this board knows I wear my heart on my sleeve. ,I say it as I see it .

I couldn't give a flying fcuk about what people think of me.

Free speech is an Englishman's right.