Freddie Draper Recalled | Vital Football

Freddie Draper Recalled

Must be an example of things being agreed days if not weeks in advance? No way would we leave it to the day before their fixture to recall him when we have no fixture of our own.

Must be an example of things being agreed days if not weeks in advance? No way would we leave it to the day before their fixture to recall him when we have no fixture of our own.
Or still not quite fit after going off in their last game.

Great news. Is he fit? As I may have mentioned din another thread (and got told off by the Chairman) I'm surprised that we didn't have a way of stopping him playing for Walsall on the 1st if we knew already that we wanted him back here ASAP. Obviously he could have come through that unscathed so there's a huge dose of hindsight, but it would be frustrating if he's not fit.

Great news. Is he fit? As I may have mentioned din another thread (and got told off by the Chairman) I'm surprised that we didn't have a way of stopping him playing for Walsall on the 1st if we knew already that we wanted him back here ASAP. Obviously he could have come through that unscathed so there's a huge dose of hindsight, but it would be frustrating if he's not fit.

It strikes me that if he’s unlikely to be available to play we would have let Walsall pay his wage whilst he’s recovering?

Expectation management required.

Give him time and support.

I'm the other way, sod managing my expectations! All hail King Freddie. Another 10 bagged by the end of the sesaon, roly polys all over Sincil Bank.

He's a lad playing with confidence and one who I think the fans will be onside with immediately. Excited to see him again and hope Skubala and co can find a way of supplying him, Jack and Reeco (and anyone else who comes in!) with some ammunition. That's the support I want to see!

I would imagine that detail wasn’t in the loan contract (and why would it be), in addition, I suspect for that to have happened Walsall may have wanted payment.

Or perhaps, we did the right thing as a club (at some risk to ourselves) but nevertheless, the right thing.

The Walsall manager is quoted as saying that Draper was taken off "as a precaution" in the game at Blundell Park, and could have been "given the nod" in their FA Cup game this weekend.

“Freddie doesn’t look too much to worry about. It was precautionary that we took him off.”

Great to see him back, and guess what he is probably injured !! This season can only get better !

A full week to train with the squad etc- Wycombe away will be interesting! I wonder if we will see a couple more join us rapidly now

Incredibly successful couple of loans for Freddie. Pretty much the definition of how you’d like our model to work to this point in a players development.