Forest vs Wigan: Match Fred sponsored by Lace Market Fish Bar, supplying battered goodness to the people of Nottingham | Page 13 | Vital Football

Forest vs Wigan: Match Fred sponsored by Lace Market Fish Bar, supplying battered goodness to the people of Nottingham

That's the difference Pope, I grew up watching Forest playing the ball on the floor. There is no grass in the sky, apparently someone once said. I agree the last 20 years have been pretty bad, but I expect the team to at least try and play a bit of football! MON never learnt that shit from the great man. Clough must be turning in his grave looking down on that yesterday!

He might have been ducking & twitching from some of the balls bashed his way. :throw:

Agree with that. It wasn't as bad as people are making out. An average first half but much better second, with some good passing moves. As you say we saw some worse games under AK.

I'm hopeful this week will see some more quality brought in.

It was worse. Seriously I have had time to calm down, I have slept on it and that first half is possibly the worst I have seen this season and ive seen some pretty shit ones

Watching the highlights on ifollow Yacob gets to the ball first and knocks it behind for a corner, ref gives a penalty. Even the generic commentator says it wasn't a pen.
It was the other end to me so I couldn't see at the time, but it had been ear all game that the ref would give them a penalty the first excuse he got. They got everything else

You can't say that first half was enjoyable?
Depends on your definition of 'enjoyable'. Personally I enjoy going down to the (world famous) City Ground to watch my team play. I was intrigued to see what MON's new approach would bring after a full week's training. It wasn't brilliant to watch in the first half, it's true, but a piece of brilliance by Lolley literally got me off my seat and there were one or two little moves in and around the penalty area which could have resulted in chances, but our final pass was poor (as has been the case for years). So yes I still enjoyed the first half!

The second half was good and we had 3 or 4 really good passing moves plus 2 superb goals. What about Geddy's pass for the second goal?

Another massive positive; we won....

I was pretty critical of the performance yesterday, however, it wasn't as bad as some are making out. I didn't see lots of hoof ball for example. I don't think we did hoof it to Murphy at all. What I saw was the team trying to work it down the flanks and get crosses into the box. That's also what I think of when I consider MO's style. He didn't hoof it at Norwich, Leicester, Villa or Celtic. With Ireland, possibly, but he had to play with what he had.
I also grew up on Cloughs teams, and let's be honest here, our keepers virtually never played it out from the back, they usually kicked long, so let's not pretend otherwise eh?
Watson was still crap though!

Let's not pretend there wasn't a patch in the second half when it didn't look more like keepy uppy than football.

Hoofball isn't accurate to be fair. It's percentage football, about putting the ball aa quickly as possible in areas that managers like say MON or Howard Wilkinson think is most dangerous.

And yes he did play that at Leicester, Villa, Sunderland etc.

I was pretty critical of the performance yesterday, however, it wasn't as bad as some are making out. I didn't see lots of hoof ball for example. I don't think we did hoof it to Murphy at all. What I saw was the team trying to work it down the flanks and get crosses into the box. That's also what I think of when I consider MO's style. He didn't hoof it at Norwich, Leicester, Villa or Celtic. With Ireland, possibly, but he had to play with what he had.
I also grew up on Cloughs teams, and let's be honest here, our keepers virtually never played it out from the back, they usually kicked long, so let's not pretend otherwise eh?
Watson was still crap though!

Agree with that.....apart from the last line!

Let's not pretend there wasn't a patch in the second half when it didn't look more like keepy uppy than football.

Hoofball isn't accurate to be fair. It's percentage football, about putting the ball aa quickly as possible in areas that managers like say MON or Howard Wilkinson think is most dangerous.

And yes he did play that at Leicester, Villa, Sunderland etc.

I really don't think he did CP. Sunderland maybe. I think he's always favoured pacy wingers getting down the flanks and getting the ball into the box. That's what I remember, particularly at Leicester and Villa. I was working in Leicestershire during his time there , with lots of Leicester fans, and they certainly didn't view it like that.

Anyone remember Benalouane getting smashed in their penalty area and he needed treatment? The Ref waved play-on when it was clearly a penalty with the player also clearly in trouble.

Well,
Here's a photo he took of himself....................

49761594_2196733190539856_4407454419293774815_n.jpg