Forest vs Wigan: Match Fred sponsored by Lace Market Fish Bar, supplying battered goodness to the people of Nottingham | Vital Football

Forest vs Wigan: Match Fred sponsored by Lace Market Fish Bar, supplying battered goodness to the people of Nottingham

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
Well the last few match Fred authors have done nothing for us so I will be giving this bitch a go. If YOU don't like it then why don't YOU do the next one Dumbo?

Match:
Forest v Wigan

Kick-off:
3:00pm

Sausages:
Battered

Weather Forecast:
Highs of 9C tomorrow so it will be milder than it has been, but a moderate breeze coming in from the south west could provide a chill. Apollyon will be wearing his long-johns, will you? WELL WILL YOU?

League Positions:
Forest: 12th
Wigan: 20th

Form (last 5 league games):
Forest: D-L-W-L-L
Wigan: L-D-L-W-L

Last Time Out:
Forest 0-1 Bristol City
Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Wigan

Last League Meeting:
Wigan 2-2 Forest, 18th August 2018

Injury/Suspension news:

Forest - Danny Fox is back from his one-game ban, although he is seemingly on the verge of a move to Wigan so whether he plays remains to be seen. Michael Hefele has been ruled out for the season and Michael Dawson is out for another 6 weeks. Tobias Figueiredo is also still struggling.

Wigan - Nick Powell and Will Grigg are both injury doubts which could be a big boost for us. Anthony Pilkington, Cedric Kipre and Gavin Massey are also doubts.

Pre-match ramble
Forest go into the game in rotten form having only won 1 in 8. Last week saw Martin O'Neill's nostalgic return to the City Ground but limping to another 0-1 home defeat and a failed experiment with 4-4-2, we can already conclude that his shit.

Tomorrow we are almost certain to see a change in formation with 4-3-2-1, 4-4-1-1 and 3-5-2 being mooted. In fact, the only possible formation which hasn't been mentioned is Mike Bassett's Christmas Pudding formation; the 3-1-2-1-2-1.

Whatever the formation it is likely we will see a return to 5 in midfield. It would be great to see young Appiah given a first start on the wing. One criticism of mine this season has been that our build up play has often been far too pedestrian and predictable. We are crying out for somebody with plenty of pace to attack the full-backs and Appiah could be just the man. He's also black enough.

Our opponents are in almost identical form to us, having won just 1 of their last 9. After a fairly promising start they have dropped like a stone and now sit just two places and six points above the drop zone. They have only won once away all season which came back in August.

Under normal circumstances I would say that they will definitely be walking away from the CG with all three points, however having their key players out injured may swing it in our favour. There is also no possibility of us seeing Dias on the pitch after he moved to Olympiacos, which can only be a huge boost to our chances.

Prediction:
Forest 2-0 Wigan

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Basha73

Anyhoo I have gone for 1-0 in the prediction league but am a tad concerned about our defenceQUOTE]
Yes they will probably get three chap!

The owd cheese thief using my material to get famous on vital forest

I'll be claiming some Charlotte here tater x

There’s ya cue ya set of hormonal pip whackers. Get in the ground back our team and remember the reasons we love this club and city.

I can only guess this IS that shitehawk Flakez vile vile attempt at a match Fred not that I care a toddle jot as I have him placed firmly on IGNORE as I do with most of the bastart clique.

All very riveting stuff.

Talking about football, this is a match between two of the worst sides in the division over the last 10 games.

Note the only thing keeping Reading off rock bottom of the form table is their win over our shambolic side.
Screenshot_20190126-085115_Samsung Internet.jpg