Forest vs PGMOL | Page 8 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

To not just VAR it’s the interpretation of the rules. No consistency. Handball is all over the shop. No agreement. When is a foul just a small foul. When is a good tackle pulled up because of intent. It varies not just from ref to ref but same ref in same game. It’s a mockery. It’s not just the Forest games but it is all over the place. Just getting on with it suggests it is OK. PGMOL, the PL need to define what is and isn’t minor contact, intent, handball and be consistent. It’s not the rule it is how they choose to interpret. They are bringing the game into disrepute and ruining the game. Webb needs to get all the refs together and agree definitions and then communicate to clubs and officiate to a standard. Discussions between VAR and ref need to be open and broadcast So we understand why they come to the decision. Refs need to stop taking hallucinogenics.

not bringing but have brought the game into disrepute. as you say- all over the fooking shop. it's a multi billion pound industry ffs.

releasing the var during the game is a quick easy win for football which is probably why they won't do it...

we're just bad losers :( best result for luton was prob a draw anyway

as someone else pointed out- this is the first time in the almost 45 years I've supported forest we have complained formally and that includes being cheated in the 91 FA cup final.

if we don't stand up for forest who will!

all these plastic ***** telling us we are cry babies- how many have been In League 1? we have taken licks for 23 years without a fooking peep.

glad we have a backbone, fook the rest of em.

Absolutely right. Ultimately it is we the Sky Subscribers, Fans etc. whose money pays for all this why should we be excluded. PGMOL clearly worried by the consequences of putting it in the public domain, unless as you say we let it drop in a mutual beneficial face saving exercise this has got some way to run yet.

It's a sorry state of affairs that this episode is far more entertaining than the actual football has been this season

have to say when I get back to UK I think I'm gonna cancel my sky.

PGMOL is stating that they have nothing to hide. If that’s the case then why are they only releasing it privately?

I am not a fan of the wording of the first tweet - it was too emotive - but it’s got to the point where I can understand the club is at the end of its tether.

As for VAR, well it obviously isn’t working and the biggest issue is ‘clear and obvious error’. VAR is used on offside decisions and it’s black and white (or red and green). The player is either offside or he isn’t. Define handball, define fouls and then VAR checks the onfield decision.

At the moment you have the insane scenario of having two identical incidents but a different outcome depending on the onfield decision. That’s just stupid…

I remember that Derby - Forest game about 15 years ago where Attwell was the ref. I think they scored a winner in stoppage time but he gave a penalty instead which Lee Camp saved, and we scraped a point. It was obvious then that he was a very bad referee, yet like a lot of the bad referees he has failed upwards. It seems to me that the biggest issue within the PGMOL is that it isn’t a meritocracy - your actual refereeing ability is secondary to whatever criteria they’re actually using to select and promote referees.
There is a lot of luck involved

They used to have small mentoring groups, and when the mentor was promoted in the game, his group followed suit shortly afterwards.