Forest vs PGMOL | Page 7 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

Ten Hag is sticking his oar in now.

Ten Hag also criticised Nottingham Forest over their controversial social media post in response to the 2-0 defeat by Everton on Saturday.

Forest said they were "considering their options" over what they called "extremely poor" refereeing decisions.

Asked about the issue, Ten Hag highlighted the decision to award Coventry a penalty for handball against Aaron Wan-Bissaka which he disagreed with.

"You can agree, you can disagree," he said.

"The handball for Wan-Bissaka is totally wrong, a mistake, but you can't question it.

"It's not good for the game and refereeing. We should respect them - and there is no respect."

That’s his Kevin Keegan moment ,
Massively under pressure.

I used to have some sympathy for him, but everyone in football knows that Cov should be in the final and rather than acknowledging that he doubles down on how hard done to Man Utd are by the media.
He could have said something like how he wishes he could give their place in the final to Cov, but no.
Then he tried to defend how his players ( Maguire aside) acted like they won the World Cup after overcoming mid championship Cov.

Hope city do them by double figures in the final, and I hate city.

If we can query the integrity of anyone else including politicians , wtf should we not referees if the situation reasonably warrants it. Are they the new high priests?
Exactly.
Politicians, heads of state, heads of the church, but not football Refs, they are beyond reproach

I've only just realised & apologies if someone else has already pointed it out, but friend Twatwell was the ref in our rearranged game at Bournemouth in the promotion year.

Guess what in that game he denied us a clear penalty when Surridge was brought down by Keeper & if I'm remembering correctly (which isn't always a given these days) at the time Luton were one of the play off contenders at the time

Not just the Reyna one, but the multitude of penalties we've had turned down. We've had more apologies than penalties this season. Even against Newcastle in the reverse fixture, Taiwo was brought down far worse than that Isak penalty and it was just waved away. The decisions have been absolutely, totally and utterly shambolic.

Fair play to Richard Keys noting other clubs (even Wolves) have had it bad, but that we're out on our own when it comes to being screwed by PGMOL and VAR. I'm not a huge fan of Keys more often than not, but thought the piece he wrote further up this thread was on the money and well written.
i think much of the league has suffered too, just they manage to hit the back of the net a few times and its overlooked., when youre losing week in week out then you can man up or play the victim card, we decided to pay several victim cards at the same time. it hasnt worked for the players, it gives them an out.. or 6

Haha. Just seen Atwell selected as VAR for euros and Taylor as a ref. No wonder they have taken our outburst badly if it was a day or so ahead of that being announced.

Hope they drop a few clangers and put themselves in the world spot light tbh.

IN the old pre VAR days you could argue that when we used to THINK we'd had bad decisions. The difference is now we have all the camera angles we KNOW we've been shafted so the old sour grapes thing doesn't really stack up now
sour grapes doesnt stack up~? so why are we using grapes at all?

I've only just realised & apologies if someone else has already pointed it out, but friend Twatwell was the ref in our rearranged game at Bournemouth in the promotion year.

Guess what in that game he denied us a clear penalty when Surridge was brought down by Keeper & if I'm remembering correctly (which isn't always a given these days) at the time Luton were one of the play off contenders at the time
huddersfield denied how many penalties against us in the play offs? . didnt see merryknackers writing on twitter about refs that day

I remember that Derby - Forest game about 15 years ago where Attwell was the ref. I think they scored a winner in stoppage time but he gave a penalty instead which Lee Camp saved, and we scraped a point. It was obvious then that he was a very bad referee, yet like a lot of the bad referees he has failed upwards. It seems to me that the biggest issue within the PGMOL is that it isn’t a meritocracy - your actual refereeing ability is secondary to whatever criteria they’re actually using to select and promote referees.

That's probably very sensible. I'd have to think about how many pixels of movement there would be in 1/25th second. Not many.
depends on the monitor resolution and fps and if using a native software or something like freesync or not haha can almost grab a whole yard is play back on a sony bravia

I remember that Derby - Forest game about 15 years ago where Attwell was the ref. I think they scored a winner in stoppage time but he gave a penalty instead which Lee Camp saved, and we scraped a point. It was obvious then that he was a very bad referee, yet like a lot of the bad referees he has failed upwards. It seems to me that the biggest issue within the PGMOL is that it isn’t a meritocracy - your actual refereeing ability is secondary to whatever criteria they’re actually using to select and promote referees.
And from that saved penalty, Robbie Earnshaw pounced on the break and was clear through on goal on the half way line with their defenders no where near him, and Attwell blew his whistle. I have no idea what for, and I don't think he did either; I think he just got so flummoxed by all the chaos that he was worried he just have missed something and that there had to be some reason not to let us score from it

PGMOL offering Forest the chance to listen to the audio privately. This does nothing for PGMOL's credit, because what are they afraid of the public hearing on the VAR audio?

I hope Forest don't take a bit of a bargain plea over their tweet, listen to the audio in private, say they're happy and let it all drop in a face saving exercise for both parties.

The shots have been fired and we've got a lot of outside fan support. VAR should be available to the public, not just some carefully selected shite featured on Mic'd Up.

PGMOL offering Forest the chance to listen to the audio privately. This does nothing for PGMOL's credit, because what are they afraid of the public hearing on the VAR audio?

I hope Forest don't take a bit of a bargain plea over their tweet, listen to the audio in private, say they're happy and let it all drop in a face saving exercise for both parties.

The shots have been fired and we've got a lot of outside fan support. VAR should be available to the public, not just some carefully selected shite featured on Mic'd Up.

when you have to write 40000 words explaining and justifying your 144 character rant you gotto laugh

Absolutely right. Ultimately it is we the Sky Subscribers, Fans etc. whose money pays for all this why should we be excluded. PGMOL clearly worried by the consequences of putting it in the public domain, unless as you say we let it drop in a mutual beneficial face saving exercise this has got some way to run yet.

It's a sorry state of affairs that this episode is far more entertaining than the actual football has been this season

Absolutely right. Ultimately it is we the Sky Subscribers, Fans etc. whose money pays for all this why should we be excluded. PGMOL clearly worried by the consequences of putting it in the public domain, unless as you say we let it drop in a mutual beneficial face saving exercise this has got some way to run yet.

It's a sorry state of affairs that this episode is far more entertaining than the actual football has been this season
Can't back down now.

Place all audio for all 3 in the public domain, and gain from them that the audio has not been edited.

If not, then any response from the FA/PGMOL in relation to that tweet, with a fine or player suspension goes unanswered, unpaid, and appeal everything.

Enough is enough