Forest Vs Dirty Leeds sponsored by Quality Street | Page 5 | Vital Football

Forest Vs Dirty Leeds sponsored by Quality Street

Towards the end Carvalho produced a lovely flick to give himself time and played a good ball into Dias in space who rather fluffed his lines.

Drop him a little deeper, especially in games like today and let him influence games more.

We didn’t deserve a point out of today’s game so if anything it was us doing the robbing. They were all over us for near enough the entire match so the point is welcome imo.

Apart from that , gueddys performance today was absolutely immense.

impress most the nation with a battlling away performance at a high flying club with a big crwod and limit them to a couple of half chances and lose 2 pts to a bad decision. No club lost fewer games than us, possibly onto our best cup run in decades and theres still those few wierdos that insist we are crap and half of them seem to keep popping in here to have a pop. 3 months half the players have been with us and half of them young kids still. Yeahh lets get rid of the lot, we need players like Wardy n Vaughan back

Fair bit of criticism for Carvalho from the match. But it was a game where Forest were required to defend resolutely, and none of our attacking players made an impression at all. Lolley and Cash were both poor going forward, and indeed were both subbed ahead of Carvalho. I suspect due to the work required defending from the wide positions over the central one, but still. Harsh to criticise a single attacking player when Forest really carried no attacking threat all night.

We didn’t deserve a point out of today’s game so if anything it was us doing the robbing. They were all over us for near enough the entire match so the point is welcome imo.

Apart from that , gueddys performance today was absolutely immense.
You watching the same game? We were away at the league leaders. We deserved the win because they didn’t score and nullified their threat by defending brilliantly. You are a negative person

Fellas...many in here r still with the mentality of the past years.. when we were just happy to survive in the Championship...I repeat yesterday was a first class defensive performance..Cash nd Lolley sacrificed themselves nd most of the time ended at the edge of our box to help the rest of the fefence nd midfield...BUT for a team that is expected to be in the top six...the football played should be titally different...we were winning the ball nd lose it after 2 passes...we were chasing the Leeds players for the whole game...it is admirable yes...but if we played v Man City not Leeds !!!.. its not as if Leeds r running away with the league...i doubt that they dominated any other team like they did with us...nd the excuse that Panti didnt had a save to make...doesnt hold for me...if their players had a good shooting day nd not trying to hit Row Z ...he would have had plenty to deal with...the amount of last ditch tackles in the box was scary...we not only didnt pose any danger ...we didnt even enter in their box...nd pls dont blame Grabs Lolley or Cash...they ran their six off...but how we were set they stood no chance...for those watching on IFollow...what I said in half time in regard tge Carv...Laws said it five minutes later...with the boy nd Diaz we r not going to win promotion...maybe score the odd brilliant goal yes...but we need consistency over the 90 minutes nd fir 13 million players to stand out from the rest if the players...nd not the odd spark...age us not an ussye either...Leeds finished the game with players younger then ours...the problem is the mentality nd type of football we r set to play...

You watching the same game? We were away at the league leaders. We deserved the win because they didn’t score and nullified their threat by defending brilliantly. You are a negative person
League leaders !!! Not the Liga leaders...they r 4 points better then us...we r 7th for fuck sake...not 20th...

As far as I'm concerned you can put all ya medals in the bin..cos you've won them by cheating...who I wonder said that

Fellas...many in here r still with the mentality of the past years.. when we were just happy to survive in the Championship...I repeat yesterday was a first class defensive performance..Cash nd Lolley sacrificed themselves nd most of the time ended at the edge of our box to help the rest of the fefence nd midfield...BUT for a team that is expected to be in the top six...the football played should be titally different...we were winning the ball nd lose it after 2 passes...we were chasing the Leeds players for the whole game...it is admirable yes...but if we played v Man City not Leeds !!!.. its not as if Leeds r running away with the league...i doubt that they dominated any other team like they did with us...nd the excuse that Panti didnt had a save to make...doesnt hold for me...if their players had a good shooting day nd not trying to hit Row Z ...he would have had plenty to deal with...the amount of last ditch tackles in the box was scary...we not only didnt pose any danger ...we didnt even enter in their box...nd pls dont blame Grabs Lolley or Cash...they ran their six off...but how we were set they stood no chance...for those watching on IFollow...what I said in half time in regard tge Carv...Laws said it five minutes later...with the boy nd Diaz we r not going to win promotion...maybe score the odd brilliant goal yes...but we need consistency over the 90 minutes nd fir 13 million players to stand out from the rest if the players...nd not the odd spark...age us not an ussye either...Leeds finished the game with players younger then ours...the problem is the mentality nd type of football we r set to play...

This is really difficult to decipher but I think you are saying that there is no need to have given Leeds that much respect. Its a decent point and a backs to the wall performance which us Brits love, but the manager cost us the victory (no two ways about it) and despite the flick mentioned by Calvin, Carvalho was an utter disgrace to the shirt. He was so ineffective that you might have well putt Watson or another midfielder on , played 2 centre mids and Gueddy (who was immense) a bit further forward. Carvalho shirked challenges constantly. Honestly on that showing Id rather Osborn play the number 10 role and that is saying something.

The result was good but I was bitterly disappointed we didn't give them more to worry about, which we are very capable of doing

Towards the end Carvalho produced a lovely flick to give himself time and played a good ball into Dias in space who rather fluffed his lines.

Drop him a little deeper, especially in games like today and let him influence games more.
Totally agree in theory but if you sit Carv a bit deeper then he almost has to get more involved defensively and physically. On a good day that won’t matter too much but in a bad day his disappearing act could be even more costly.

I would have taken a point before the game . Onto the next one . No matter what generation , Leeds have always been cheats . it's in built in their dna. I absolutely despise them.

I get the “we was robbed” mentality, however from my perspective I think we could still be playing now and still wouldn’t look like scoring another goal, or indeed look like stringing more than 3 or 4 passes together.

Surely that ref has to be dropped. If he can’t make simple, run of the mill, basic decisions like that, then he isn’t fit to referee professional football. Roofe said “ball to hand”, I call that utter bullshit. He had his hands out ready to meet the ball a good couple of seconds prior to the ball arriving on his hand. Cheat, end of.

But that decision shouldn’t overshadow the fact that yesterday we were defensively decent, but offensively dire. And our ability to pass was non existent. Mind you, Leeds must have been having an off day as I fail to see how they can be that bad and have been top of the table for periods.

Said it many times..if you don't have the full 11 playing out of their skins ..this division sorts you out...if things don't change, unless we get lucky, myself I can't see us reaching the top 6 ....defenders played their hearts out yesterday..but as said 1 or 2 didn't help the rest of their team mates, and that's been happening all this season so far

Never thought I'd read this from a scum fan but here it is..................

13 hours ago
hansheffield
I would prefer to lose than get a draw like that, need to ban Roofe from talking to the press. Have to score honest goals in this game else it comes back to kick you in the teeth 100 times over. I'm ashamed to be a Leeds fan tonight.

That should be archived!!!

I've had a message from an old army friend who's a Leeds fan...two guys that were disrespectful to the last post were sorted out in the ground....and rightly so

No I'm a realist. We were hanging on for dear life for the majority of the match, hitting them with a few breakaway attacks. They might not have had loads of attempts on target but they had 21 attempts on goal to our 4, 71% possession, they were swarming all over us. Yes it was a good defensive display, but thats all we were doing for the majority of the match- defending.

No I'm a realist. We were hanging on for dear life for the majority of the match, hitting them with a few breakaway attacks. They might not have had loads of attempts on target but they had 21 attempts on goal to our 4, 71% possession, they were swarming all over us. Yes it was a good defensive display, but thats all we were doing for the majority of the match- defending.

You said in your previous post that we didn't deserve a point. We deserved three because we defended resolutely after getting an early goal, and Leeds hardly troubled our keeper.

I'd prefer us to create more going forward, but we did our job and it would have been enough for a win if the officials had done theirs.

Happy enough with a draw because playing that way you always risk conceding one way or another.