Forest Vs Barnsley match Fred sponsored by RJB mining | Page 9 | Vital Football

Forest Vs Barnsley match Fred sponsored by RJB mining

What has happened to our pitch? Used to be one the best in Europe, and now resembles a Sunday league pitch!

Needs to resemble the quality of everything else at the club.

Just need to be thankful it isn't covered in dogshit, parts of empty tins and used hypodermic needles, but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

He's never commented on speculation. Did the club state Garner was having a medical? No, it came from Taylor.
Don't forget, CH said the exact same thing with Krovinovic.

So the assumption is he doesn't have a say in transfers? Erm...
he clearly had no clue that Garner was coming, its kinda obvious

Really needed 3 points today Coventry aren't a bad side we could easily lose and be in the bottom 3, at some point CH has to change things and try to go out and win games not this cowardly shite we see every game. Not sure I've seen any other side be as consistently negative this season, carry on playing this way we might win 2 or 3 games if we are lucky which most likely will put us down.
We literally have been saying that from his first day in charge.. It simply hasnt happened.
Was interesting conversation with one of his cronies somewhere and they stated that CH worked the defence etc but he literally left the forwards to do thier own thing. Kinda what I said SL did cos its so obvious they aint been coached properly.. if at all. Noone can say theres evidence of progress. Im suprised people say give him a chance when its this bad, no matter what the squad is

I remember watching us draw our way to relegation before. It's a horrible, insidious thing to see; not quite believing where you are in the league - until you're suddenly in a lower one.
I totally have that vibe now. Didnt , but do

he clearly had no clue that Garner was coming, its kinda obvious

Complete nonsense.

The stage managed "Behind the scenes" video released after Garner had signed featured a meeting between CH and the new player.
It was clearly past 5pm, as he arrived at the ND academy at night.

This would have been Friday evening, so, either CH is suffering from some sort of vicious short-term memory loss, or he was aware of his signing just, as i said, he (nor the club) respond to any speculation.

The moment young Garner meets the gaffer at the academy...clearly he had no idea, LOL (clock shows 9.40pm, i believe)

JG.png

Last edited:
then hes suffering from memory loss cos he denied any knowledge of it which was my point. If he knew he was signing why be so illusive? Why not come out and say, Ive wanted this player, hes great talent and ive talked him into comeing here" Thats if you believe thats the case

then hes suffering from memory loss cos he denied any knowledge of it which was my point. If he knew he was signing why be so illusive? Why not come out and say, Ive wanted this player, hes great talent and ive talked him into comeing here" Thats if you believe thats the case

He didn't deny knowledge of it, he just didn't comment on speculation.

If it helps, here is an abridged transcript of the exchange between Colin Fray and Hughton post Barnsley:

CF - "...there's a lot of talk, earlier today, that you're on the verge of signing James Garner the midfielder...can you tell us anything about that?"

CH - "Erm no, the only thing i can tell you is that we're very hopeful to bring one or two in before the deadline, and we're working very hard towards that."

"It's probably not right to speak, at this point (and at this) moment. (It) is still speculation and we prefer to talk about anything when something is confirmed.

"We are working very hard towards it, and we're hoping thats going to happen."

So, CH was asked a direct question whether he could talk about something speculative and he said no.

That all of this occured after Garner had visited the ground, passed his medical, met the gaffer, had his PR shots and signed his contract is moot: until something is made official then the club do not comment.

Barnsley have won every league game (they lost narrowly to Chelsea in the FA Cup) since playing Forest, making five in a row. They were in quite good form prior to playing Forest as well, holding their own against the better sides. Looking back at the negative comments on this match thread, the idea that every time Forest fail to win it is because of some innate failings in our own play needs some serious reconsideration.