FOREST V SHEEP MATCH THREAD | Page 5 | Vital Football

FOREST V SHEEP MATCH THREAD

I don't see anyone bullying Watson or Colback.

Fig played well today. Ironic. Forest now have a CH partnership and a CM partnership.

...and a strong keeper behind them.

Massive difference.

If they can keep that and add a striker, faster wingers and stronger fullbacks then Forest are going places next season.

SA.

The way we setup it's going to be very hard for any striker to score unless he takes the game by the scruff of the neck and take people on to score. I have no faith in brereton to score goals and Murphy is too slow for this system.

All johnson and Huddlestone did was foul all game.

Another clean sheet. Our cb pairing are very good and we have a very good keeper .

I'll take the point and move on.

Some people need to get a grip!

We have made huge strides in the last six games going from freefall, and an almost certain relegation scrap, to being organised, methodical, probably too methodical at times, and tenacious.

We are no longer a soft touch; we do not roll over and let teams walk all over us anymore.

But because we could not beat our nearest and dearest rivals its not good enough.

Six games; a little perspective would not go amiss!

A solid performance but lacked any creativity in the final third. Brereton had the best chance for us although Derby probably edged both halves.

Why we didn’t show more positivity after Huddlestone was sent off I don’t know. Instead we replaced like for like, Murphy for Brereton. We are dour at times.

Ref got a lot of decisions wrong, didn’t help the game.

But another point and not a bad performance by any means.

Red Krayola - 11/3/2018 17:43

Thought Feiguerdo was great today....great defending, but his passing from the back was fantastic. Great to see us not getting bullied in midfield too.
Both him nd Fox have forged a great partnership...its not going to be easy to dislodge them..to be honest dont see why we have to...even Dariwka is settling nicely...some of his tackles today were first class..not much of negatives today back there...its on the creativity aspect that we r lvk nd we need to work on...if we attack more pressure on the defence will drop even further...

Pants kept us in that game with 2 stunning saves. However, he is fooking shite when it comes to commanding his penalty area and even worse when dealing with crosses.

Fox was awesome but needs to shut the fook up because he almost talked himself into the book

Referee was shit and afforded Tomlin absolutely no protection all game. The amount of pushing and holding that derby to away with was disgusting. Huddlestone should have gone about 30 minutes before he did.

We cannot play with just BB on his own up front because it simply does not work - 1 shot on target in 2 games speaks volumes

Happy with a point, not impressed with the game - very poor quality.

the jock - 11/3/2018 17:12

Rowett

‘One mistake (from the referee) has cost us the chance to win the game... this was Forest’s last big game this season, we’ve got more big games to come.’

What a cockhead

No more big games this season?

Guess we had better not try too hard when we play Cardiff and Bristol then

On progress, obviously we didn't score.

But top 6 Derby, playing a team with one of the worst defencive records in the league also couldn't manage it either.

Two shots on target between the two sides all game, and they both came in the same attack.

We are doing so much better.

If we can't manage a win now we still come away with points

Scrappy game, typical local derby I suppose.

Would have liked us to throw more men forward but I can see the point in being solid and workmanlike first, keeping a clean sheet rather than going gung-ho and getting caught on the break.

Derby's combination of persistent fouling and diving was most unattractive. The ref could have done more about it, but he had his hands full. Tomlin and Brereton seemed to come in for the worst stick without much protection.

While we are no doubt a more robust team under Karanka, with more experienced, stronger leaders, we need to improve in keeping hold of the ball - we need to take a leaf out of Warbz book regarding that. We gave the ball away far too much.

Very good performances today from Fox, Pants, Figurido and Darikwa. Useful contributions from Watson and Colback.

pebble - 11/3/2018 18:39

Scrappy game, typical local derby I suppose.

Would have liked us to throw more men forward but I can see the point in being solid and workmanlike first, keeping a clean sheet rather than going gung-ho and getting caught on the break.

Derby's combination of persistent fouling and diving was most unattractive. The ref could have done more about it, but he had his hands full. Tomlin and Brereton seemed to come in for the worst stick without much protection.
Was a bit disappointed that Lolley was taken off as he is a player,like Tomlin,looking capable of scoring or creating an opportunity.However 10 points from 6 games is very good bearing in mind how poor we looked previously.COYR.

There's no wonder Derby are on the slide!

If Rowett has not lost the plot he must be very close to doing so.

His post match interview was a masterclass in self delusion.

His defense of Huddlestone was laughable, completely ignoring the fact that he could, and should, have been booked on two occasions prior to his first booking.

He condoned the dive that Lawrence was booked for and then blamed Tomlin for diving every time one of his players kicked him.

The mad rant about every referee being against them and us having nothing to play for was the most entertaining bit.

Clough used to say that when things started to go against you, you circle the waggons and its siege mentallity time; Rowett obviously thinks playing the victim is the best course.

He is going to struggle to keep things together based on that performace.

Rowett

‘One mistake (from the referee) has cost us the chance to win the game'

What a hypocrite! his team were clearly instructed to foul Tomlin whenever he got the ball, and more of them should have been booked for it.

Wasn't he Birmingham manager when their 8 foot forward ducked into David Vaughan's boot on the half way line and went down as if shot then rolled over six times, and the ref sent Vaughan off? I believe Rowett didn't see that red card as a 'mistake' by the ref.

There was a revealing point, that there came a point in January, when Karanka realised he didn’t have the players to keep us up. So he went to the board and sorted it ! This gives me every confidence that come the summer we will get Colback on permanent, and striker(s), that will enable us to mount a credible promotion push.

Just been on a Direby forum ..... :19: Bloody laughable deluded fookwits the lot of them .
More bothered about us than their expensively assembled under performing squad . :15:

Big steps forward defensively, as certain of our more astute posters have previously pointed out Fox is first-class at the back. The midfield two do all the hard work and protect well.

Possession and creativity are a long way off from where we need to be. While Tomlin, Lolley and Dowell have all brought something to the party we need to be replacing them with even better players if we are to make significant strides forward next season.

Let's see if our Greeks actually have any ambition.

mao tse tung - 11/3/2018 19:00

There's no wonder Derby are on the slide!

If Rowett has not lost the plot he must be very close to doing so.

His post match interview was a masterclass in self delusion.

His defense of Huddlestone was laughable, completely ignoring the fact that he could, and should, have been booked on two occasions prior to his first booking.

He condoned the dive that Lawrence was booked for and then blamed Tomlin for diving every time one of his players kicked him.

The mad rant about every referee being against them and us having nothing to play for was the most entertaining bit.

Clough used to say that when things started to go against you, you circle the waggons and its siege mentallity time; Rowett obviously thinks playing the victim is the best course.

He is going to struggle to keep things together based on that performace.

Huddlestone deserved to be sent off...he tried to be subtle about it I grant you but second booking was clear cut to me