FOREST V SHEEP MATCH THREAD | Page 4 | Vital Football

FOREST V SHEEP MATCH THREAD

toms - 11/3/2018 16:26

Pretty sterile in attack. Fair result. Fox’s motm.

Pretty dull game I thought.

Need some firepower over the summer...

In a nutshell...

I’d be amazed if we had more than 3 attempts on target, was all a bit flat

Last 3 mins, we had ball in the corner and 2-3 chances to cross and we do bugger all

We need a decent/pacey attack

Not a bad result at all against the first difficult side of our unbeaten run.

I wouldn't have wanted to face Derby 6 weeks ago.

Brereton is definately not up to the job we need the lone forward to do at the moment.

Either the job needs to change (IE how the players behind him act) or the player needs to change or the player needs changing but it's making it hard for us to score or hold the ball up front.

Fullbacks are a critical weakness still.

15 points clear of the relegation zone with 9 games to play. This time last year 3rd bottom had 38 points. This season they have 30. We are safe and we have done further damage to Derby.

A couple more results and then it's time to use games to develop and experiment

A long time since I've a display of such consistent fouling, every time the ball went up to Tomlin or Brereton they were thumped in the back, many of which went unpunished by Ref. Certainly a game we would have lost under MW.

mr ron - 11/3/2018 16:27

Possibly should of gone for it and taken one of Watson or colback off for Murphy, but I can understand AK not wanting to take the chance.
I understand that thinking today cause not losing was imperative...against Derby...but in the coming games we need to try more...relegation issues ate over now...no chance that Birmingham or burton r going to get 14 points more then us from now till the end of the season...!!!... so lets get some wins with some goals...especially at home...

Derby on their run were desperate not to lose and not concede. Unfortunately whenever any team has done that to us this season we've struggled to break them down and so it was again today. 3 months ago we'd have been sucker punched at least twice.

Solid at the back (Fox MotM by a country mile with an honourable mention for Pant's) and now solid in midfield but we're still a footballing team and lacking against teams that will do anything and everything it takes to stop us playing.

BB tries but doesn't have the nous against experienced fittish, and mobileish CB's on his own and the attacking midfielders need to get in and around the box to support him. He's next to useless as a loan striker.

We're better than we were but also about where we should be in the table. I think we need better options and something different up front and the summer transfer window will be interesting.

Very humble from Rowett post match, very humble.

This man has zero class and if I ever bumped into him I would struggle not to tw@t him.

PS. Gary Rowett is a wa**er - what a post match interview. I hope the FL have something to say about his comments about the Ref.

Pope John XXIII - 11/3/2018 16:34

Not a bad result at all against the first difficult side of our unbeaten run.

I wouldn't have wanted to face Derby 6 weeks ago.

Brereton is definately not up to the job we need the lone forward to do at the moment.

Either the job needs to change (IE how the players behind him act) or the player needs to change or the player needs changing but it's making it hard for us to score or hold the ball up front.

Fullbacks are a critical weakness still.

15 points clear of the relegation zone with 9 games to play. This time last year 3rd bottom had 38 points. This season they have 30. We are safe and we have done further damage to Derby.

A couple more results and then it's time to use games to develop and experiment
Pope i think we can start experimenting now
..as you said above ..last year the team third from bottom had 8 points more then this year...this shows how bad the bottom three are...if it continous like this i doubt that the thitd team from bottom will manage 40 points !!!..cant understand why we keep bringing Murphy on....did he touch the ball at all !!!!...even Dowell...no contribution at all....Colback nd Watson r great at covering the defence but they create nothing...they just block the opposition but no treat for the opposition defence...so as things stands..mark Lolley nd Cash...keep close to Tomlin nd Forest will not score...

Better result for us than them despite us being the home team.
Extends our unbeaten run to 6 and means they are way off the pace for the auto spots.
That'll do me . :17:

Based upon Rowett's comments this week and his reactions to our supporters singing today, I don't think he has the temperment to take Derby through a playoff run if they make the top six.

Surprised we didn't shoot when we had a couple of free kicks just outside the box in the 2nd half.Easy to say in hindsight but Brereton should have shot when through. We looked solid enough and Rowett only has himself to blame because if Palmer was on our books I would be miffed as to why he wouldn't start the game.We certainly have a lot more spirit and Tomlin is a great asset to have. Another point gained and at least we didn't lose to them.

Rowett

‘One mistake (from the referee) has cost us the chance to win the game... this was Forest’s last big game this season, we’ve got more big games to come.’

What a cockhead

the jock - 11/3/2018 17:12

Rowett

‘One mistake (from the referee) has cost us the chance to win the game... this was Forest’s last big game this season, we’ve got more big games to come.’

What a cockhead

Yep.
I hope they continue to bottle it and fall out the play off spots.
Having said that seeing Keogh blubbing again would be priceless :19:

Shite game today. Obviously it keeps the unbeaten run going, it's another clean sheet and we haven't lost to our local rivals. But we are safe with little to play for, so where was the willing to attack and win the game? Today felt like I'd been transported back to the days of Dour Doug.

Hoping to see something better at Sheff Utd next week.

Thought Feiguerdo was great today....great defending, but his passing from the back was fantastic. Great to see us not getting bullied in midfield too.

I thought that was awful to be honest. Probably the most in thrilling derbys I've seen. I anticipated it being scrappy but there wasn't an ounce of quality from us without, which as someone above pointed out, given we aren't playing for anything, is exceptionally disappointing!

Positive is that defensively we look good but the final third is frighteningly poor.

Really wanted us to do them today!!!