Forest v Charlton match thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Forest v Charlton match thread

I would be tempted to start with our best 11 , try and get a lead and then manage the substitutions from there, we need 3 points tonight, wba away will be tough. Ideally we dont want lolleh, grabs, or sow playing much more than 60 mins ..

I think he'll make changes tho, walker and diakhabi in from the start
agreed, if we try and play careful tonight it could cost us and we could still lose sat

take 3 tonight and then see what sat brings

All depends on Grabban - he may want to play tonight, if he sees this as a better chance of breaking his mini scoring drought?

I'm intrigued to see what Tyler, Da Costa & Diakhaby can do and like you, I'd like to give Grabban a rest - but, without disrupting team harmony/spirit.

Yes i would also like some cake and to eat it at the same time! In Sabz we trust

Charlton r a dangerous team, dont let their league position fool you ... earlier in the season at their place we were lucky to scrape a point ... their gaffer need just to show them a video of that game...it was a daylight robbery from our side ... so don't underestimate them ... we made these mistakes before nd points were lost ...points that might cost us dearly

Agreed. Yates was woeful when he came on. Hope we can get Carvalho going and maybe he should play tonight. I think Walker may get a start, Grabban too with Da Costa on the bench with Diakhaby.
4-2-3-1 with Silva and Watson in the 2..? Just don't want to see Yates start
If Carvalho starts he will be subbed by the 60th minute ... as we would have lost the midfield. The player doesn't contribute enough and in this team we need hard workers nd not show ponies....

If Carvalho starts he will be subbed by the 60th minute ... as we would have lost the midfield. The player doesn't contribute enough and in this team we need hard workers nd not show ponies....

sadly for carvs I'd agree with this. I'd like to see him given more opportunities but prob only when were 2 up with 20 mins to go !

He's needs to get a few games in to find form, the lads got a lot of quality but he's not a battler and that's what's been getting us through. Still have him on the bench as he can make something happen if we need to find a goal.

Ironically Carvalho is more likely to perform in the Prem than the championship.I agree with some of the others that if we change the team too much we will struggle to get anything out of this game. Without Lolley we offer little help to the striker so I would definitely start him.

Always taking a risk when you rest some of your "Main men" however given the intensity of Saturday evenings match I don't see that realisticaly he had any choice, obviously it could all go wrong, but by the same token it could have gone wrong if he hadn't rested players and they ran out of steam after an hour, might give us a clearer idea of how much Walker has progressed we'll soon see

Risk either way.

Players were blowing out of their arses by the end of the Leeds game.

The team that's out there is probably pretty even with Charlton. Maybe stronger in some ways but weaker in others. Even game.

Their planning will be shot though.

We've got the core of the defence with Watson on front, jenkinson and bong are both solid fullbacks. Lolley is in so hopefully diakhabi can show why he was worth what Huddersfield paid. Walkers got his chance to show he can cut it