Forest v Charlton match thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest v Charlton match thread

Can see 3 changes tonight, sow, grabban and ameobi to the bench. Every games important now, hard to juggle keeping players fit and fresh and keep churning out wins.

Yates has the size and strength to be a good cm, he lacks speed but if he can read the game better he doesn't need to be that quick. Thought he came on and added some strength to the middle against Leeds, won a few tackles and headers doesn't give the ball away much either.

this is where I think we should have kept yacob, would have been perfect to drop him in and rest sow
Agreed. Yates was woeful when he came on. Hope we can get Carvalho going and maybe he should play tonight. I think Walker may get a start, Grabban too with Da Costa on the bench with Diakhaby.
4-2-3-1 with Silva and Watson in the 2..? Just don't want to see Yates start

We have a fit and fresh £13m player to utilise tonight I'd have thought. If watching from a distance on Saturday doesn't motivate him then what will?
Agree re: Yates. He looked awful when he came on and a couple of passes went straight out into touch. He's a trier though, and God loves those apparently

I'd love him to prove me wrong but I really do lose confidence when I see Yates in the team. I rarely see him do anything other than plod around the middle of the pitch, always 10-15 yards away from the play.

I hope he can find some sort of form and prove himself to be useful. He looked pretty good when he first broke into the team last season so I keep telling myself there is a player there somewhere.

He makes my nervous when he comes on
I always think he is going to sent off or create a problem that never existed before he came on

He'll come good its just going to take him a bit of time

There is also Semedo & Bostock, who aren't getting near the 18, no disrespect to Yates, but I'd rather we play Silva alongside Watson and Carvalho at No.10.

Apparently, Da Costa had a slight injury - so, at best he'd be on the bench.

With Sami coming off half way through second half, you'd imagine that they'd rest Lolley - so, Ameobi & Diakhaby to play in the wide attacking roles and Tyler as striker, if they opt to rest Grabban?

Surely giving Grabban a match off is a no brainer?
Walker back in the fold and scoring last match.
Grabban has been fluffing his lines somewhat recently, maybe a bit of a rest will reset his scoring boots! Get him in for wba fresh!

even when yates is fit hes yards off the pace. its not a winning formula but what does the manager do. semedo isnt good enough either.

Surely giving Grabban a match off is a no brainer?
Walker back in the fold and scoring last match.
Grabban has been fluffing his lines somewhat recently, maybe a bit of a rest will reset his scoring boots! Get him in for wba fresh!

All depends on Grabban - he may want to play tonight, if he sees this as a better chance of breaking his mini scoring drought?

I'm intrigued to see what Tyler, Da Costa & Diakhaby can do and like you, I'd like to give Grabban a rest - but, without disrupting team harmony/spirit.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought it was madness to get rid of Yacob. Many might find this controversial, but as a footballer, he’s better than Watson. Watson has been a real leader this year and that’s what sets him apart to the rest of the midfield, but Yacob is better than Yates, Semedo and Silva in that position.

its going to be hard to balance here. we need to win tonight but will we do it starting yates /walker? its risky but have the weekend to think about.

even when yates is fit hes yards off the pace. its not a winning formula but what does the manager do. semedo isnt good enough either.

Semedo, like Carvalho, has so much ability but he lacks consistency and perhaps struggles with the physicality.

To an extent, Carvalho can be protected - but he has to play in the No.10 role, because he does not put a shift in defensively.

I'd hoped that Bostock would prove to be a good signing, because he does have the physicality but he's not been involved fort months.

Balance it sensibly;

samba
Jenkinson
Worrall
Figuerido
Bong

Watson
Silva

Lolley
Carvalho
Diakhaby

walker

Sow
Smith
Grabban
Ameobi
Da Costa
Dawson
Cash

I think the result tonight is more important, to some extent we're not expected to come away from WBA with much on Saturday, which is when I'd throw in the pacy, unpredictable youngsters.
I agree OKD. If we win tonight we put the pressure on teams around us that play tomorrow to perform. I think it might be the same team but changes to occur early, particularly with grabban, and lolley.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I thought it was madness to get rid of Yacob. Many might find this controversial, but as a footballer, he’s better than Watson. Watson has been a real leader this year and that’s what sets him apart to the rest of the midfield, but Yacob is better than Yates, Semedo and Silva in that position.

He was, but he is completely done as a player. It's why WBA let him go and he's only declined since then.

I would be tempted to start with our best 11 , try and get a lead and then manage the substitutions from there, we need 3 points tonight, wba away will be tough. Ideally we dont want lolleh, grabs, or sow playing much more than 60 mins ..

I think he'll make changes tho, walker and diakhabi in from the start

well the manager doesnt sanction players leaving when he sees we are shit without sow

thats on sabri

Charlton Athletic possible starting lineup:
Phillips; Matthews, Sarr, Pearce, Purrington; Cullen, Field, Davis; Taylor, Hemed, Green