Forest v Cardiff Match Thread | Vital Football

Forest v Cardiff Match Thread

Taylor82

Vital Squad Member
I'm still unbeaten (2 wins, 1 draw) with these match threads so I'll go again.

Cardiff at the City Ground today. No Neil Warnock, but they're still a kick and rush side under new manager Neil Harris. Warnock divides opinion, but Cloughie liked him, so that's good enough for me. Harris is actually an ex-Forest player. Let's hope his Cardiff side do what he did at Forest. That being not scoring goals. I think he scored only 1 goal in 30 odd games. They've been inconsistent so far this season with 6 wins, 7 draws, and 5 defeats leaving them sitting in mid-table. But I expect a tough test even if they haven't won away all season. Forest have a terrible record against Cardiff, losing 8 of the last 9.

We've kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce so Dawson will probably sit this one out again with Figs and Worrall continuing their eye-catching form at centre-half. Decisions to be made in midfield with the return of Semedo and Carvalho doing well and scoring as a sub against QPR, so he could be called upon to replace Adomah. Yates remains suspended and Forest are also likely to be without the recovering Ribeiro and Samba Sow. A 4-0 hammering of QPR during the week crowned an impressive 4 game unbeaten run for Forest. We have 7 clean sheets this season. We've won 3 of the last 4 games 1-0 at the City Ground.

This will be a closely fought encounter so I'm going to predict a 1-1 draw.

I000061tiwxE4cxc.jpg

Madine is a decent size as is Patterson ( not sure if the latter is playing as went off injured at the weekend). Mendez Laing, Hoilet and others are shorter. At set prices they have Flint. May save Dawson for Millwall next week who ar a big unit.

A bit gutted that we have lost out on an opportunity to give colin a bit of a kicking.

Cant see neil harris changing their industrial approach to the beautiful game.

So important we win our home games but no rush- 1-0 to the famous team will work just as well.

Looking forward today as not been able to get to many games this season as yet.
Nearly didnt go today as father in law passed away Thursday but my missus insisted me and my son went.
Probably pop in Company Inn for bite to eat and few beers if anyone about ?
Thermals are on !

Think it'll be a draw today. Semedo's not as a good as either Sow or Yates defensively, Cardiff a fucking bogey team, and first time the hot-bloods will be feeling the British pinch.

Hope I'm wrong. My toes are already freezing and I've not even left the house yet.

I'd be happy to see semedo in for Albert we need to be more offensive at home so Watson is ok as the only holding player, Silva and semedo can both tackle anyway. Need a home win and this has been a very good week, won't be easy but they haven't got the Colin factor.

Nearly didnt go today as father in law passed away Thursday but my missus insisted me and my son went.
Thermals are on !

Sorry to here that Orbs....Condolences to you and your family.
I guess you will be pleased when 2019 is over.

Enjoy the game.

Thermals are on !

You have my condolences Orbz

I am not going today due to going to the in laws.

Carvhallo starting attack looking starting line up, not sure fig deserves dropping for Dawson the 2 CB have played well together.