Forest v Brentford Match Thread Sponsored By The RSPCA Why Are All The Bees Dying Campaign. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Forest v Brentford Match Thread Sponsored By The RSPCA Why Are All The Bees Dying Campaign.

The guys on radio Notts agreed he was steve suttons special mention, not an eye catching role but did the dirty work well today.im no big fan but credit where its due today
Even had his song sung in A block today so must have done somthing right?

Phewwww...a very much better second half..nice play from o neil when we reverted to three at the back..that Milo is a rock...what a pairing him nd Ben can be...not pretty but no nonsense central defender. Grabban need to stop going fod penalties...he is simply not good at them...might havve cost us the game...playing Gonclavez (surprise for me)..must mean that there are issues with Carvalio nd it is worrying ... Yates great game...woukd be nice to see him having a run of games partnering Colbeck...defence was good, had to sustain ot of pressure but midfield cannot keep conceeding that much ground...Lolley had a quiet game even when moved in the middle of midfield..all in all a below par first half but much better second half...gives some breathing time to O Neil to work with the team...this wasnt a win against a poor Wigan but against an inform team that we havent beaten at the City Ground for ages...

Very big phew cos it looks like Mon is beginning to learn about the players. The 2 defenders bought in have done well, albeit for a couple of games. Good to be able to grind a win while still rebuilding- a very promising sign.

Gonzo and Watson had decent games and I guess mon might get more out of some players than we have seen to date.

Not sure why carvalho isn't getting a chance tho

Definate improvement from Wigan against a much better team, mon is learning all the time and must have a had a look now at virtually the whole squad in match day scenario.

If we can get through the defensive crisis who knows!

Odd game that. Delighted with the win and the spirit we showed but there was still too much of the direct stuff and we were our own worst enemy at times.

Yates was an interesting pick. His mobility really helped Watson who had one of his better games but is too slow when the play gets beyond him.

Grabban had a great game.

Hi Basha,
When you say too much 'direct stuff'
Im not sure what you mean? Were we moving the ball forward too quickly?

Grabs scored from a 'direct'pass from Milosovic and for the life of me I cant see why thats an issue for some?

We're crap at playing it around the back four always have been, we created 4-5 gilt edged chances today and for me had a good mix of attacking play,

One or two players still not pulling their weight ...when we have the full 11 doing their job ..we might be ok...

It was far from perfect, but a huge improvement on the last few games. The team worked their socks off, and we really should have been out of sight by the time they scored. First half both Lolley and Bonatini missed absolute sitters. Easier to score. Then second half, Goncalves and Grabban should really have scored, and then the penalty miss. But good to see the chances created.
Grabban deserved MOTM for me, but Yates was also excellent.
I also can't believe some of the criticism of Watson today. I've been one of his biggest critics, but he was good today. In fact, if it wasn't for his howler first half, he would have been in contention for MOTM himself. Credit where credit is due.
I thought Milosevic was also very good, much improved on last week. I could see him and Ben forming a good partnership.
The one weak link was Robinson, who is a liability.

Watson was far from perfect but did a lot of vital defensive stuff.

Shocked to see the stats for shots at goal - Brentford rarely threatened until the last 20 minutes while we should have had 5 or 6. Luckily the missed chances didn't cost us.

Not sure about man of the match, but Yates did well. The team as a whole were tigerish in the tackle without being dirty. Milosevic was solid at the back and Wagge scored on his debut. A vital win.

Hi Basha,

Grabs scored from a 'direct'pass from Milosovic and for the life of me I cant see why thats an issue for some?

We're crap at playing it around the back four always have been, we created 4-5 gilt edged chances today and for me had a good mix of attacking play,

There were many times where we were just launching it to clear our lines as we were struggling to get out of our own half at times .
Understandable i suppose when under the cosh but there were times when we could have played out but we looked in panic mode.

Not seen the stats but it looked like Brentford were playing keep ball a lot of the time.
When we over turned possession it was often an aimless punt to nobody in particular or a hopeful ball near Grabban when we should have been looking to find a red shirt.

It was for the most part poor football from our perspective but we made up for it in effort and endeavour and still managed to create some good openings despite being far from fluid.

Grabban was far more effective than Murphy at feeding of the scraps he was being fed.

Watson did ok much to my surprise apart from when he put them in during the first half .
I thought Osborb was alright too .
Milosevic was impressive as was Yates but Grabban was my m.o.m despite his penalty miss ( surely that's his lot for pens ?).

To me it looked like we were the away team but i'm just chuffed we got the 3 points against a definite bogey side even if it wasn't pretty.

Yates did well because Watson mentored him on the field, all through the game.
That’s what the old man is there for. To captain the side and make the other players better.
There is more to Watson planying than just his own game.
42A37355-E267-4938-87C7-E8940E7C8378.jpeg

Yates looked good today mobile strong didn't misplace too many passes, him and colback could be a very good pair. Watson was ok considering his recent showings that's a big improvement, but he still hasn't got enough left in his legs to be worth a place in the starting 11 he should be back up if others are out. I forgot about Pele today, he may not get a look in if Yates carries on like that.

I agree will. Thought Watson did a job today credit where credit is due.

Yes there's far too much crap on here about Watson. I've never been his biggest fan, but I watched him carefully today. Apart from that mistake in the first half I thought he was excellent. He broke up Brentford attacks and intercepted play on numerous occasions. His closing down was good and he was combative throughout. But he was picked for his leadership, which we have been sorely lacking. He was constantly talking to other players and directing them. Yates said afterwards how much he benefitted from Watson's constant support. Get real folks.

That holding mid position is very heavy at the moment - Watson, Yates, Yacob, colback, Guesioura, Pele, Bridcutt. Ironically, despite being nowhere near the team, bridcutt would get in ahead of most of them for me! Interesting that O'Neils view on him seems to be the same as Karankas. Not saying we miss him but seems too good a player to be in reserve.

Very big phew cos it looks like Mon is beginning to learn about the players. The 2 defenders bought in have done well, albeit for a couple of games. Good to be able to grind a win while still rebuilding- a very promising sign.

Gonzo and Watson had decent games and I guess mon might get more out of some players than we have seen to date.

Not sure why carvalho isn't getting a chance tho

Because he's not a hard worker or tall, we'd just pass the ball over him.

Hi Basha,

50% more long balls than Brentford despite just 30% possession which equates to passing the ball less than half as much. It was ugly.

50% more long balls than Brentford despite just 30% possession which equates to passing the ball less than half as much. It was ugly.

2 goals to 1 means we were twice as effective at scoring goals,
You can keep that ticky tacky bollox as far as Im cocerned, goals win games not possesion stats, we are no Barcelona!

# see Cardiff last season