Forest to launch their own media service. | Vital Football

Forest to launch their own media service.

mr ron

Vital Champions League
NFFC are delighted to confirm the upcoming launch of a new digital service for supporters, including a new official club website, mobile app and streaming service.

So looks like they are ditching ifollow and going for their own service which starts Friday. Anyone know how much its going to cost, and what happens to the ifollow subs already paid?

NFFC are delighted to confirm the upcoming launch of a new digital service for supporters, including a new official club website, mobile app and streaming service.

So looks like they are ditching ifollow and going for their own service which starts Friday. Anyone know how much its going to cost, and what happens to the ifollow subs already paid?

Hallelujah!

You should get an email about it. Mine says:

Nottingham Forest are delighted to confirm the upcoming launch of a brand-new digital service which will include a new official club website, mobile application and streaming service.

On Thursday 1st April, any supporters visiting nottinghamforest.co.uk will be greeted with the club’s brand-new website.

As a result, the club's video service is changing from iFollow Forest to Forest TV with the match against Cardiff City on the Friday 2nd April being the first one available to watch via the new service.

Any supporters wishing to watch live games will need to register on the new platform in order to access the services there.

Season card holders who selected option 1 will be issued with a code that will allow them to view all relevant matches through to the end of the season. Please note that this will not include the Cardiff City game on Good Friday as this is classed as a weekend fixture.

Existing iFollow season pass holders will be issued a code that will allow them to access all of the video or audio content granted in their current license through to the end of the season.

Existing iFollow monthly pass holders will see that no further payment is taken from their account by EFL Digital after 1st April, and pro-rata refunds will be issued to any fan with existing value left in their subscription in April.

If you have any questions please contact website@nottinghamforest.co.uk.

EFL Digital

Will there be a forum? God, I hope so. The world is absolutely crying out for a decent forest forum for fans to get together and discuss the team, the club, the ground, the owners, the board, transfers, sponsors, religions other than forest, brexit, covid, fishcakes, racism, the labour party, the trap 2 party, climate change, and whether Australia is really in Asia or actually on the fake, flat, 'moon' :alien2:.

It looks very much like it is the EFL who have ditched ifollow

I cannot see anything to suggest we are going it alone; everything points to a new media package run by the EFL on behalf of the Clubs - that includes website and streaming service.

The change over should be seamless; you will need a new authentication code but that is all; all monies taken in lieu of service by ifollow will be transferred over to the new Company.

It looks very much like it is the EFL who have ditched ifollow

I cannot see anything to suggest we are going it alone; everything points to a new media package run by the EFL on behalf of the Clubs - that includes website and streaming service.

The change over should be seamless; you will need a new authentication code but that is all; all monies taken in lieu of service by ifollow will be transferred over to the new Company.
How confident are you that it will be, how many times have we seen websites crash in these sort of circumstances. It seems a strange time to do it to me why not wait a few weeks until season finishes and do it then to give the new system time to bed in.
I know I'm old but i hate it when people change things that I have got used to and that seem to work perfectly well, fills my with dread that I have got to find my way around a new system, and I always think it will all go wrong as well

How confident are you that it will be, how many times have we seen websites crash in these sort of circumstances. It seems a strange time to do it to me why not wait a few weeks until season finishes and do it then to give the new system time to bed in.
I know I'm old but i hate it when people change things that I have got used to and that seem to work perfectly well, fills my with dread that I have got to find my way around a new system, and I always think it will all go wrong as well

Change is not your enemy, WINTER is.

ifollow's site crashed with great regularity, not because of the number of people using the site but because of the antiquated equipment they used

ifollow has improved immeasurably over past 12 months but does come across as very tacky. Yes, new system is likely to have a few teething problems but has to be better.

I have been comparing the email received earlier in the week, with the announcement on the Clubs website relating to the new digital service, they are markedly different.

The mail originating from the EFL gives the distinct impression that they remain central in the media collaboration; the Clubs website contradicts this.

The Club site clearly states that the new service(s) replace the one's supplied by the EFL, which is fantastic news as it goes some way to cutting out the middleman (EFL)

Not only do we see the back of the EFL and ifollow, but we see engagement with media professionals in the shape of Urban Zoo, who are market leaders in supplying native apps and digital engagement platforms, and StreamAMG, who have expertise in advanced online video tools and solutions.

Urban Zoo currently collaborate with Spurs, Everton, Villa and Celtic.

StreamAMG have a customer base which includes Liverpool and Wolves.

David Cook, Forest's Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Enhancing the digital experience for supporters has been an important part of our commercial strategy over the last few years. After bedding in new ticketing and e-commerce technology, it was critical for us to develop a new website, app and streaming solution.

"We will continue to enhance these new platforms over the summer to further strengthen our relationships with fans. The new single-sign-on feature will also allow fans to sync their web, ticketing and retail accounts to make it much easier to interact with the club."

Chris Grannell, CEO of Urban Zoo said: “We are delighted to work with Nottingham Forest on the launch of their new website and app. The club has stated their desire to work strongly with the fans to improve their digital interactions and join a list of growing clubs such as Celtic, Fulham, Everton, Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic."

You would think that this must be a win win for both the Club and the supporters; lets hope the cost and quality are an improvement on what has come before.

There is just the one thing that does not sit right with me; is 1st April the best date to launch the service?

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/march/forest-to-launch-new-digital-service/

I have been comparing the email received earlier in the week, with the announcement on the Clubs website relating to the new digital service, they are markedly different.

The mail originating from the EFL gives the distinct impression that they remain central in the media collaboration; the Clubs website contradicts this.

The Club site clearly states that the new service(s) replace the one's supplied by the EFL, which is fantastic news as it goes some way to cutting out the middleman (EFL)

Not only do we see the back of the EFL and ifollow, but we see engagement with media professionals in the shape of Urban Zoo, who are market leaders in supplying native apps and digital engagement platforms, and StreamAMG, who have expertise in advanced online video tools and solutions.

Urban Zoo currently collaborate with Spurs, Everton, Villa and Celtic.

StreamAMG have a customer base which includes Liverpool and Wolves.

David Cook, Forest's Chief Commercial Officer, said: “Enhancing the digital experience for supporters has been an important part of our commercial strategy over the last few years. After bedding in new ticketing and e-commerce technology, it was critical for us to develop a new website, app and streaming solution.

"We will continue to enhance these new platforms over the summer to further strengthen our relationships with fans. The new single-sign-on feature will also allow fans to sync their web, ticketing and retail accounts to make it much easier to interact with the club."

Chris Grannell, CEO of Urban Zoo said: “We are delighted to work with Nottingham Forest on the launch of their new website and app. The club has stated their desire to work strongly with the fans to improve their digital interactions and join a list of growing clubs such as Celtic, Fulham, Everton, Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic."

You would think that this must be a win win for both the Club and the supporters; lets hope the cost and quality are an improvement on what has come before.

There is just the one thing that does not sit right with me; is 1st April the best date to launch the service?

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2021/march/forest-to-launch-new-digital-service/

By the by there was no middleman in the sense of payment. The EFL provided the platform for free.

By the by there was no middleman in the sense of payment. The EFL provided the platform for free.

80% of the revenues from ifollow are distributed around the Clubs; that is from income which has now reached 120m - there has been a jump of 31.7m since the lockdown.

Clubs keep all of the income from their Home games, and for the first 500 paying customers for the Away games.

Cast your mind back to the first lockdown towards the end of last season; there was a growing unrest amongst supporters at Forest, and other Clubs, because the Clubs had not released details of how supporters would be recompensed.

All of the Clubs had a very fine balancing act to deal with; how did they deal with the EFLs demand for maximising ifollow revenue and uphold their customers statutory rights at the same time.

The EFL do very well out of the ifollow deal

80% of the revenues from ifollow are distributed around the Clubs; that is from income which has now reached 120m - there has been a jump of 31.7m since the lockdown.

Clubs keep all of the income from their Home games, and for the first 500 paying customers for the Away games.

Cast your mind back to the first lockdown towards the end of last season; there was a growing unrest amongst supporters at Forest, and other Clubs, because the Clubs had not released details of how supporters would be recompensed.

All of the Clubs had a very fine balancing act to deal with; how did they deal with the EFLs demand for maximising ifollow revenue and uphold their customers statutory rights at the same time.

The EFL do very well out of the ifollow deal

Hmm I read a statement from the EFL that they don't profit at all from Ifollow (well they do but from the traffic and 3P marketing) and that all revenue is split between the two clubs involved.

The away team benefits after the first 500.

Hmm I read a statement from the EFL that they don't profit at all from Ifollow (well they do but from the traffic and 3P marketing) and that all revenue is split between the two clubs involved.

The away team benefits after the first 500.

Not quite; the exact wording for the EFL was as follows:

EFL Digital does not take any payment from those EFL clubs that use the platform. EFL Digital generates revenues from the platforms which are then distributed to clubs once central costs have been paid.

https://www.efl.com/-more/efl-digital/

"Does not take payment" is not the same as "does not make a profit".

The use of the term "central costs" is also misleading because it can include administration and management fees.