Forest -Stoke game thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Forest -Stoke game thread

Stoke seem to perk up when they go 3-0 down they did the same at the weekend as well.

Cant remember the last time we were in the last 16 of a cup.

For anyone interested, the draw is at 9pm on Saturday on something called Quest TV.

I won't be at all surprised to see us get Derby
According to BBC sports, it’s once since we were relegated in 98, in 2004-5.

Afobe and Ince turned that around. Quality players. But Dawson, Watson and Lolley were superb for #NFFC.

Have to agree Dawz especially in the injury time was immense but Lolz motm.

For purely selfish reasons I want West Ham away in the next round as went to the Olympics, Paralympics, world championships, anniversary games & Rolling Stones at the London stadium be nice to see a football match.

Rowet bit slow too make the changes or we may of been undone, considering we changed almost every player good result. Still only 1 loss so far this season.

Just seen the red card, pretty fookin soft he didn't lunge in or 2 feet out of control just tried to block the ball down which he did. Barley touched the player, maybe appeal that.

Just got back

Goncalves is utter shit lads. Through on goal twice and fluffed it and absolutely clueless.

Osborb again proved hes better in midfield than LB because he lost Ince more times than AC has lost his spare change in trap 2 when his trousers are getting rattled.

Murphy was great. Hes so strong on the ball and everyone must know theyve had a game against the monster. Lolley was superb and although one effort went wide you could see what he was trying to do bending it with the outside of his left foot.

Dawson is another great. His passing and coolness on the ball deserves to see him play.

I thought again, Steele could have done better, particularly for their first goal. Pantz sat near me and hes a lovely chap. For all the abuse Rowett got all game, he was chatting to Forest fans before the game and was actually a nice bloke.

bridcutt started well but was poor after 65 mins, with most passes going awry. Watson actually had a decent game in my opinion.

The referee was crap. He gave us nothing. Before their first Goncalves was fouled on the half way line and got nothing. It was pretty blatant. He obviously doesnt like fishcakes

Just got back

Pantz sat near me and hes a lovely chap. For all the abuse Rowett got all game, he was chatting to Forest fans before the game and was actually a nice bloke.
John O'Hare sat in front of me with Bomber Bowyer to his left - Pants sat in front of John O'Hare - we also had Hefle at one side of Pants and Colin Barrett on the other with Colback sitting in front of Hefle.

Could say it was a mixture of the Old & the New.

Last edited:
Crouch should of been sent off he lost it,his head went and he wildly lunged at Darikwa ! Missed him but intent was clearly there.

Crouch & Adams are gone - one or 2 nice touches from Adams but his best days are behind him - can't see either being around next season and to be honest I don't see either making many appearances this season.

Entertaining game.

Forest were great first half, crisp passing with Dawson and Watson commanding. Osborn scored through sheer persistence, Murphy just burst through and smashed it in. Dias had a good shot well saved, Goncalves ran through but shot straight at the keeper.

When Lolley scored early in the second half it looked easy, but Grabban came on for Murphy and didn't look half as good. They made a couple of changes and started to play, our passing got sloppy, and they pulled one back.

Goncalves was clean through but the keeper saved with his foot. Then Goncalves went on a surging run past three men but the ref blew as he got clear. He may have fouled the second man en route, but the ref didn't blow then, so must have been advised by the fourth official. Red card seemed very harsh.

Not impressed by the ref - Murphy was being held every time the ball was knocked long to him but didn't get a single free kick.

They got another and swung lots of high balls into the box. Dawson headed most of them away. Berahino looked sure to equalise but headed wide. we should have had five but 3-2 is fine.

Just seen the red card, pretty fookin soft he didn't lunge in or 2 feet out of control just tried to block the ball down which he did. Barley touched the player, maybe appeal that.

Ref missed it- another 4th official who wanted to get in on the action

Lolley was impressive last night, but not quite as omnipresent as the Post makes out:

"Federici again had to make a better stop at the other end, as Lolley exchanged passes with Lolley inside the box, giving Lolley the chance to pull the trigger with an instant drive that the keeper pushed away well."