Forest -Stoke game thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Forest -Stoke game thread

Goncalves was a great outlet the whole match (that he was on the field for) I thought for his first game in a while he did well

Just got back

Goncalves is utter shit lads. Through on goal twice and fluffed it and absolutely clueless.

Osborb again proved hes better in midfield than LB because he lost Ince more times than AC has lost his spare change in trap 2 when his trousers are getting rattled.

Murphy was great. Hes so strong on the ball and everyone must know theyve had a game against the monster. Lolley was superb and although one effort went wide you could see what he was trying to do bending it with the outside of his left foot.

Dawson is another great. His passing and coolness on the ball deserves to see him play.

I thought again, Steele could have done better, particularly for their first goal. Pantz sat near me and hes a lovely chap. For all the abuse Rowett got all game, he was chatting to Forest fans before the game and was actually a nice bloke.

bridcutt started well but was poor after 65 mins, with most passes going awry. Watson actually had a decent game in my opinion.

I've heard others say Goncalves played well .
He's automatically shit because he missed a couple of decent chances ?
Obviously different rules to what applies to Osborn when he fluffs his lines then.

For me Goncalves looked like he has some decent ability when he is on the ball.

Off the ball he was less impressive.

Hopefully a lot of that is down to not being match sharp but unfortunately he ain’t going to have chance to improve on that in the near future.

Am not going to write him off on one so-so performance but he definitely has work to do.

so Goncalves gets into at least 3 good positions, skinning the defenders and then fluffs his lines, after a while out.. whilst Grabban hasnt beat a single player all season and folks are saying, oh, when he is confident he will be better :/

I just don’t get the criticism of any player from Wednesday. In the Past playing our second string has seen woeful performances. Wednesday they were great for a large proportion even the much maligned Watson and dawrika were good. Concalves was a great outlet and he glides forwards, he was unlucky with the sending off as if it happened on the other side of the pitch like crouch then nothing would have happened - not even a foul. His back heel first half was great awareness and he did track back. Grabban also set him up with a 1:1 with an amazing ball to put him through, and he should have scored.

Its an individuals perspective and critique. I thought he was awful. It wasn't unlucky, he went studs showing, he knows what hes doing and was probably frustrated because he had played so poorly.

Its an individuals perspective and critique. I thought he was awful. It wasn't unlucky, he went studs showing, he knows what hes doing and was probably frustrated because he had played so poorly.

I thought the red was harsh. The players won. U can only really say any one of them played poorly compared to their potential perhaps. In actual terms, we won the game despite being reduced to 10 men. Not sure how u win but still get labelled poor?

Room for improvement, always but what's poor here is choice of language not the players.

We played for 90 minutes with 10 men on the pitch with him on it Radz

Its a straight red. Thats why we wont appeal

Last edited:
I know it goes against the vital ethos to slag off new players and to put the on a pedestal, but what I have seen, im not impressed with