foreign aid - india - n/g | Vital Football

foreign aid - india - n/g

SSSHHHH. Kemi was trumpeting an imminent new trade deal with India which, according to the Express, will prove that Brexit works.
If we can't stop rubber dinghies crossing the channel we're not going to stop India sending a rocket to the moon are we ?

Fortunately, the U.K. is taking the £6million a day that is spent on housing illegal immigrants out of the Foreign Aid budget.
So in the future, there is less available for foreign countries.
Personally, I always thought that the £13 billion that we annually contributed to the EU for membership should have also come from the foreign aid budget, because that’s pretty much what it was.
Btw, it’s estimated that last year’s contribution would have been £18 billion, had we not had the sense to vote to leave.
Add to that, our portion of the Covid Recovery Debt that the EU implement.
Mind boggling.

Personally, I always thought that the £13 billion that we annually contributed to the EU for membership should have also come from the foreign aid budget, because that’s pretty much what it was.
Yes, it was pointed out how many projects and initiatives we would no longer be able to participate in, without mentioning how those projects were all 95% funded by a small amount of contributors - Germany, France, Italy and us.

Also still give foreign aid to China which is the 2nd Richest Countries in the World by GDP. What goes through these politicians heads?

Fortunately, the U.K. is taking the £6million a day that is spent on housing illegal immigrants out of the Foreign Aid budget.
Btw, it’s estimated that last year’s contribution would have been £18 billion, had we not had the sense to vote to leave.
Mind boggling.
What a shame I promised to stop calling out the bo11ax people still spout about Brexit because the Gills are all I'm here for!

Mind boggling.
We were net recipients of 'aid ' from the EU, ironically some of the biggest beneficiaries ( North East/ Lincolnshire/ farmers ) were among the strongest supporters of Brexit.

We were net recipients of 'aid ' from the EU, ironically some of the biggest beneficiaries ( North East/ Lincolnshire/ farmers ) were among the strongest supporters of Brexit.
Funnily enough you won’t find many farmers now who still think Brexit is/was a good idea.

Sorry, but if you believe that foreign aid is about helping the poor in another Country, you are a real donut. It's all about gaining political influence.
Yup, the money to india and china is not giving someone a blank check to spend on what they like. It is against NGOs, research, climate change and health projects plus joint initiatives e.g. space and food crops and in china's case joint 3rd world initiatives. All of these things are for economic or political gains as carried out by empires, finance houses and imperialists since the beginning of mankind.

Still better not to explain it as both tory and labour use it to argue against each other.

I find it abhorrent that India can spend money sending rockets to the moon when there are literally tens of millions of impoverished people living in shanty towns. My daughter has visited India twice for work and she has come back distressed at the extreme poverty displayed in the big cities, where the poor are contrasted by a wealthy but relatively small middle class who spend their money without regard for anybody else. I agree that giving foreign aid to countries like this is nothing short of irresponsible at best, criminal at worst.

I find it abhorrent that India can spend money sending rockets to the moon when there are literally tens of millions of impoverished people living in shanty towns. My daughter has visited India twice for work and she has come back distressed at the extreme poverty displayed in the big cities, where the poor are contrasted by a wealthy but relatively small middle class who spend their money without regard for anybody else. I agree that giving foreign aid to countries like this is nothing short of irresponsible at best, criminal at worst.
these are two different things - international aid and spending decisions.
Yes, the poverty can be overwhelming and the spending decisions seem bizarre. I have discussed this with many Indians that i have worked with both in the uk and india. There is another side to it where the wealth and production is growing at a phenomenal rate but its still distressing. My wife is from india as is valencia's.
Hard to judge unless we know exactly what the aid is being used for.

How do you work that out ?

In the last years we paid around £15-£17 billion net to the EU (after rebate).

The EU spent around £8-£10 billion in the UK....on projects approved by the EU.

That seems like a net outflow to me.:oops: