for those that met with the chairman | Page 2 | Vital Football

for those that met with the chairman

I don't want a cup of tea, few custard creams and conversation with Scally I want a new owner and direction for the club.

I don't want to put a downer on peoples hopes but when I went to one of his last meetings a few years back there wasn't any tea or biscuits :-)

I am not going Kettners but I did go last time and I said on a previous thread it was a nice evening spent chatting about Gills BUT none of the difficult questions will be answered - and perhaps rightly so.

Sadly moaning and some Gills supporters seem to be constant companions. And to those that think it's just a Scally think, in the dim and distant times of Dr Grossmark, he used to regularly complain about those he described as 'the boo boys'.

Sadly moaning and some Gills supporters seem to be constant companions. And to those that think it's just a Scally think, in the dim and distant times of Dr Grossmark, he used to regularly complain about those he described as 'the boo boys'.

Yes, and my uncles were probably the worst of those the doc complained about. They even used to laugh if gibbo sliced a shot.
Another of my uncles was a bit better, as apart from moaning he designed a new town end (gillingham end as most called it). The back of the planned stand was the alleyway wall with food and toilets underneath the stand. That made me think about the old toilets then, how did we manage (loo wise) with the larger crowds we had in those days).

Brian Gibbs sliced many a shot but a record of one in two and a half games should've kept them quiet - marvellous player

In hindsight, we were pretty much close to the edge under the Doc and thanks to other clubs got re-elected to the League when all else failed but that was before Gibbs' time.

Gibbo was my favourite at the time but for me the most exciting player was Pully on the wing.
Was it him in a tussle on the Redfern Avenue side where a player was pinned over the railings with a corner flag across his throat? Those were the days.

Crickmore, rackstraw, ridley, meredith, pulley, woodley, no shortage of skilful wingers in those days, probably forget some. Wingers since then have been poor in comparison (including hodge) in my opinion.

Played our last potentially good winger at left back and then sold him to colchester :)

Proper positions then:

1 goalkeeper
2 right back
3 left back
4 right half
5 centre half
6 left half
7 right wing
8 inside right
9 centre forward
10 inside keft
11 left wing

12 (reserve, oranges and half time tea)

So much simpler.
No subs when those players were doing a job.

21sr August 1965 Keith Peacock. Before that you just played on with fewer players if you got injuries. My description of the reserve has a degree of accuracy !

The invitation is on Scally's terms, in his office, any chance he'll pop down to London to have a chat with some of us that don't live in Medway

FFS Scally! Why haven’t you offered to travel to every supporter; at a time of our choosing; and on our terms?

I’m in the midlands and have a couple of questions for you. Bromley is in London. There’s a couple of posters on here who live in Oz and might have some questions for you. Get yourself on a fucking plane and go visit.

Sort it out Scally.