Football League Play-offs | Page 17 | Vital Football

Football League Play-offs

Who's Going Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah next season is our season...

Lol.

Whilst it's funny that the Shaggers have lost once again, just them reaching a Playoff final (which I don't even consider to be an achievement) is a greater achievement than we've managed in 20 years.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed was the after game coverage. Barely any mention of Derby whatsoever. Maybe Derby players refused to speak, but there was absolutely nothing despite 'Frank Lampard'.

On the radio 5 podcast this morning they spent much of it talking about the game, with Derby not mentioned once.

It makes me wonder- if it was Boro or forest beating villa in the final, would there be such one sided coverage? Nope, it would be mostly about 'where do villa go from here'

Mel Morris has issued a statement to the Stock Exchange:

"Following further speculation regarding our position relating to the EFL's Profit and Sustainability protocols, and the childish antics of Mr Gibson at Middlesborough, I feel further clarification is required:

From the commencement of next season Derby County FC will own two stadium's; the plan is to sell three of them to a publicly listed company using letters of credit opened by Harry Redknapp at his bank in Monaco, we will then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that we get all four stadium back with tax exemption for five.

The commercial rights to all six stadium will be transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island trust secretly owned by the majority shareholder (me); I will then sell the rights for all seven stadiums back to the listed Company.

Our financial report for will show that the listed company owns eight stadium's with an option on one more; we will then sell one stadium to finance Boris Johnson's bid for Prime Minister who has personally promised to promote us instead of Villa."

Few of their players are off aren't they, take away their spy skills they are pretty average.

They were pretty average on paper this season too, but Bielsa got the best out of them.

I wouldn't deny that for the majority of the season he had the Leeds squad playing well above their usual standards, but over a 20 year managerial career Bielsa doesn't exactly have an overflowing trophy cabinet.

I would guess that after some of the comments made by Bielsa they will be investing a bit over the summer.

I wouldn't deny that for the majority of the season he had the Leeds squad playing well above their usual standards, but over a 20 year managerial career Bielsa doesn't exactly have an overflowing trophy cabinet.

Name me a manager that has managed in this division apart from Benitez that does.

Bielsa had more or less the same squad that finished 13th in 2018, and got them to 3rd in 2019. The brink of promotion. I think he only signed Bamford and Barry Douglas (who were both out injured for most of the season).

The only other signing was the Real Madrid keeper who essentially cost them promotion in the play-offs. :slap: