Football League Play-offs | Page 18 | Vital Football

Football League Play-offs

Who's Going Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bielsa had more or less the same squad that finished 13th in 2018, and got them to 3rd in 2019. The brink of promotion. I think he only signed Bamford and Barry Douglas (who were both out injured for most of the season).

The only other signing was the Real Madrid keeper who essentially cost them promotion in the play-offs. :slap:
Can’t think of a manager I would rather have than him out of all the managers in the Championship.

A lot depends on how loaded their owners really are.

If they are as loaded as some of the early reports suggest then i could see them just settling up with the EFL.

There have been some murmurs recently tho that they are not quite as plush as the initial reports indicated in which case it will definitely be interesting to see both their accounts and what happens next.

The usual football farce. The points deductions were supposed to be part of stopping clubs going up by "unfair" means (under the FFP rules). Villa could be docked 40 points next season, but would still pocket £150 million. The only fair thing would be to fine them every penny they make out of an unfair promotion, or scrap the stupid rules.