Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 83 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

Which is exactly what I said. Food, health, of course, and it a given, are more important than pretty much anything. And you think me condescending. It isn't even a debate, health, food, shelter = life. Most other things don't.

The fact that some industry is already, correctly, operating, does not mean other industries shouldn't, can't and aren't able to talk to the relevant ministers to see if and when they can resume, if at all. And if not, fine, even more jobs will be lost and from that, lives as always happens in deep recessions and/or during austerity (as we are seeing the results right now)

Plenty are looking at how to get back to business before going bust. Some will, some won't be able to. It doesn't get more simple.

You just don't want to read what I'm saying.
Tell you what, cease lockdown tomorrow, every business back to work, every sporting event back on, job done.

Tell you what, cease lockdown tomorrow, every business back to work, every sporting event back on, job done.

You are simply being a pratt. You don't want to debate, you just want to be right. Unbelievable stupidity. No one, at all, in this thread, has said that. You don't like to read another view, you just stamp over it. That isn't debating.

Fed up of you. You obviously want to be the most important so fine, be that.

I have two elderly parents, both with health issues, if you think I think this virus is a joke like you are trying to imply, constantly, then there is no point responding to anything you post again.

What a ridiculous thing to say!!

No one is suggesting that we just go back to 'normal', but we have to start somewhere. Restrictions will have to ease up at some stage, and a discussion about what and when is hardly throwing toys out of the pram.

And no one is saying football, or sport in general, is any more important than safety, health, food or whatever.

What a ridiculous thing to say!!

No one is suggesting that we just go back to 'normal', but we have to start somewhere. Restrictions will have to ease up at some stage, and a discussion about what and when is hardly throwing toys out of the pram.

And no one is saying football, or sport in general, is any more important than safety, health, food or whatever.

Agreed . Football is a huge industry like it or not , just as Horse Racing , Boxing and the motor industries are . The ramifications of letting those perish are too dreadful to think about in terms of unemployment , mental health and also the supply chain for all those firms.

Waht JF is saying and I agree is that there has to be conversations about how to open up these sports/businesses on the premise that it is safe and practicable to do so.

And I can't see any hierarchy as each industry would be classed as the most important by those who work within that industry.

The truth is they are all as important as the next one.

You are simply being a pratt. You don't want to debate, you just want to be right. Unbelievable stupidity. No one, at all, in this thread, has said that. You don't like to read another view, you just stamp over it. That isn't debating.

Fed up of you. You obviously want to be the most important so fine, be that.

I have two elderly parents, both with health issues, if you think I think this virus is a joke like you are trying to imply, constantly, then there is no point responding to anything you post again.
Back at you pal, I can't go near my parents as they are in house lockdown and have been for 5 weeks with at least another 8 weeks on the cards, my old man gets it he's dead, end of. I have made points regarding this crisis, you have made points, that Is a debate, we disagree, fine. I know someone who has died from this 59 years old, I hold my views on this subject and you hold yours.

Back at you pal, I can't go near my parents as they are in house lockdown and have been for 5 weeks with at least another 8 weeks on the cards, my old man gets it he's dead, end of. I have made points regarding this crisis, you have made points, that Is a debate, we disagree, fine. I know someone who has died from this 59 years old, I hold my views on this subject and you hold yours.
I'm not a pratt, that's personal, keep it on point.

And I can't see any hierarchy as each industry would be classed as the most important by those who work within that industry.

The truth is they are all as important as the nest one.

There's clearly a hierarchy or otherwise certain industries wouldn't be working currently.

Logically as restrictions are lifted they'll be further hierarchies as some industries are judged more important or less 'risky'.

Entertainment which normally necessitates the gathering of large crowds (except the noses) is clearly more risky (and arguably less important).

There's clearly a hierarchy or otherwise certain industries wouldn't be working currently.

Logically as restrictions are lifted they'll be further hierarchies as some industries are judged more important or less 'risky'.

Entertainment which normally necessitates the gathering of large crowds (except the noses) is clearly more risky (and arguably less important).

The firm I work for is still open and that is a very small firm employing 13 people. I think if it is an essential business then you carry on .

My son works in the Jewellery industry totally unnecessary product and way down the pecking order of importance to anyone other than those who work in it but in saying that it's in the top 20 exports this country does coming in about 16th believe it or not.
I get the view everyone is as important as the next person but in reality, there is a pecking order of importance even in the communist world

You’ve certainly changed your tune from back in early March. It was all just another flu bug and being sensationalised by the media and government’s back then.

Good point Sir Dennis. Who saves more lives? The Cleaner or the Heart Surgeon?

Sorry if its already been mentioned but the mayor of Liverpool saying on BBC football text that restarting the season will be a big mistake.
He is of the opinion that Liverpool fans will gather in numbers at Anfield or outside neutral grounds wherever to say that they were there when Liverpool won the league. He says its highly irresponsible.

all about TV not about football. If was genuinely about finishing the league play the games behind closed doors on the training grounds without TV cameras there.

It would be pretty pointless, so it is all about TV and the fans of lower leagues won't even see their team at all so even more pointless

Like putting on a pantomime with no audience.
You mean like a blues home game.

A proposal for all players getting tested twice a week whilst critical front line staff in hospitals and care homes still can't get it and probably won't ever be tested at the rate the footballers will.

Sends a lovely message.
It is as I posted a while back that the rich and famous will always find a way to get their snouts in the trough first.

PSG to be crowned French champions as Ligue 1 set Liverpool precedent
"PSG were 12 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 with a game in hand over Marseille when the decision was taken to cancel the current campaign with immediate effect"

"Teams at the bottom of the Ligue 1 table are now sweating over their futures, with a decision to be made on relegation.
Nimes, Amiens and Toulouse all sit inside the bottom three, though the gap between those outside the relegation zone is just three points.
Qualification for next season's European competitions is also set to be determined."

I don't believe that to be the case though. No way would it work that way. They are talking about tests being more widely available. One expert the other day said now they are ramping them up to 100 000 it is relatively easy to double, triple etc, it was getting it up to mass production levels that was the problem.

Even the greediest in football/other sports/industries wouldn't be stupid enough to do that, the backlash alone would be too much to take.
You have greater faith in human nature than I JF.