Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 80 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

As you say, difficult to trust/expect the Gov to get anything right isn't it?

You would think the sports minister and the different authorities needed, could have come together. I would expect the answer to be nope, we can't do it, but we all must work together to get the next season ready for the good of the public to follow the national sport.

Not too much to ask for is it?

Apparently, yes, it is.

Of course @gator I've openly admitted that in the thread. People think this is just about footballers and their massive money. Well, they still get their massive money, it isn't about them. And I have also been clear (as if it wasn't a given) that the most important thing is the safety of players, match day staff, etc and if the Gov don't ease social distancing for industry (again, I thought it was a given to be fair) then it can't go ahead.

At the start of this, it looked like something could be done, because we are all new to this. It still might be doable if it was all played in June or July, but as things develop, probably less realistically. But we don't know, especially as the Gov don't explain anything (not trying to be political, it is just fact)

My main thing is the PL/other sports, have been asked for proposals and are talking to the Government (Sports Minister I assume). And are being slated by some in here. Would we all not expect every industry to be doing exactly this? And of course, every industry is.

The talk of no football this year by a few in this thread is not logical and I don't think they are thinking it through at all. It might just be a hobby to them, for many it is their living, not just rich players, but coaches, security, catering, match day staff, day to day staff, sports writers, papers, presenters, and yes, people like me.

My argument re this not being an important industry, throughout this thread, is also logical I believe. Some are more important and therefore still operating (medical and so on) but there isn't a hierarchy of industries that are important and those that aren't. PLUS why do people think we watch football, go to films, see other sports, go to concerts, watch tv/films etc? The entertainment industry is crucial to our mental wellbeing.

Jobs are jobs, we all need them to pay our tax and keep the country going, keep our families going, pay our bills. As said, there isn't a hierarchy with all this.

BUT it isn't just that, it is to have something to focus on other than lockdown. BUT (and again, I've been shocked in this thread that it isn't just a given and that it does need saying) only if it is Gov approved, within the guidelines at the time and safe.

As time moves on, it looks like it might well not be possible. The PL were / are still right to have waited, discussed and tried though.
Yeah you have got my point pretty spot on there that where others probably won't really understand our predicament and tbh why should they we all have own worries in life so I do understand why people are so blase' about getting rid what does amount to yet another disappointing prem season I just try not to take it too personal even though it's a very worrying period for the both of us just hang tough I'm sure we will both get through this.

Think the Government is bad? Try the Welsh Government. Set a target for testing. Got nowhere near so said it was no longer necessary. England plans on introducing testing in care homes. Welsh Government says it isn't necessary (and hasn't put in place the facilities to do it anyway). England behind on providing protective gear, but it's way ahead of the Welsh Government. Arrrhhhh!!!!

Think the Government is bad? Try the Welsh Government. Set a target for testing. Got nowhere near so said it was no longer necessary. England plans on introducing testing in care homes. Welsh Government says it isn't necessary (and hasn't put in place the facilities to do it anyway). England behind on providing protective gear, but it's way ahead of the Welsh Government. Arrrhhhh!!!!
Welsh government had huge problems with hospital budget over runs and patients coming over into England for treatment.

Yeah you have got my point pretty spot on there that where others probably won't really understand our predicament and tbh why should they we all have own worries in life so I do understand why people are so blase' about getting rid what does amount to yet another disappointing prem season I just try not to take it too personal even though it's a very worrying period for the both of us just hang tough I'm sure we will both get through this.

Amen sir!

This really needs to be in the thread in off topic my good friend.

Not being stroppy, and am giving license to stray a bit in topics, but Witton Lane is for non football as much as possible.

Now if you'd mentioned a Welsh player, maybe it would have been ok.

:p;)

Think I said the other day, but hey ho. Just a bit surprised clubs (well, ok, I don't really know if others have) so Villa haven't communicated with season ticket holders, and people with tickets for games that haven't gone ahead yet.

It is very clear that there will be no mass gatherings for a very long time, so surely customers need to know the situation and if refunds will be possible at any point. No idea what their legal stand point would be, I would imagine they would have to, but then, this is a new situation for our generations so who knows!

Oh yes, I did mention it the other day - he says still typing- just remember a few said they'd want a refund and I agreed. If players had taken cuts across the league, I would have felt differently, but if they are demanding their money then I guess we all have the right to as well.

Tough on clubs this, they will be squeezed in all directions, can they insist on tv money being paid? NO clue.

I think we'd be due the 6 games back but if the league was canned and therefore never existed could we have it all back and the players have to return their wages as the games never really happened:throw:

I’ll be taking my money back if/when it’s offered, surprised there’s been no communication on it to season ticket holders tbh, I know it’s a bit up in the air but an email or something via the official channels wouldn’t be difficult, I’ve seen a couple of other clubs have said what they’ll do on sky sports news. I pay my money to go and watch the games, ‘to be entertained’ if you like, I’m not going to prop up a billionaires business when the players continue to receive millions a year, would they help us? Much like ryanair sending everyone vouchers when they requested refunds (Including myself) to keep cash in the business, I think the club will offer something similar like a credit towards the next season ticket (whenever that might be) as an option.

Last edited:
"Premier League's seven-page document of coronavirus training rules that all clubs must follow"

All players and staff will have to pass COVID-19 Antigen Test (‘CAT’) in the 48 hours before returning to group training.
They will also be tested for potential respiratory problems associated with coronavirus - and everyone will have to agree in writing to follow the strict procedures.

These include:
  • All footballs, GPS units, cones, corner flags, goalposts and other equipment to be disinfected before and after use by staff wearing PPE
  • Players to wear snood/masks at all times
  • Cars to be parked three spaces apart
  • No massages unless approved by club doctor
  • Fluids to be left at designated pick-up points
  • Only visit training block to use toilet
  • Initially only five players per training group
  • Players to be given designated time slots and 15 minutes to prepare
  • 75 minutes of small group training
  • 15 minutes recovery
  • Players and staff will be banned from spitting at the Training Ground
Full Article: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-draw-up-seven-21949358

Having read the above 2 articles it all seems like taking a massive risk after risk.

Regardless of what wages they are on, I can't see 100% of players feeling comfortable being forced back into playing football again with so many people dying on a daily basis.

And should they catch the virus from this proposed training and actual games that would involve close physical contact what happens if just one player catches the virus and permanently destroys his lungs if not kill him?

Whilst I do understand that the need to maintain the Premier League and businesses connected through football nevertheless is it worth taking such a big risk like this?..............Of course not.

Last edited:
"Premier League's seven-page document of coronavirus training rules that all clubs must follow"

All players and staff will have to pass COVID-19 Antigen Test (‘CAT’) in the 48 hours before returning to group training.
They will also be tested for potential respiratory problems associated with coronavirus - and everyone will have to agree in writing to follow the strict procedures.

These include:
  • All footballs, GPS units, cones, corner flags, goalposts and other equipment to be disinfected before and after use by staff wearing PPE
  • Players to wear snood/masks at all times
  • Cars to be parked three spaces apart
  • No massages unless approved by club doctor
  • Fluids to be left at designated pick-up points
  • Only visit training block to use toilet
  • Initially only five players per training group
  • Players to be given designated time slots and 15 minutes to prepare
  • 75 minutes of small group training
  • 15 minutes recovery
  • Players and staff will be banned from spitting at the Training Ground
Full Article: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-draw-up-seven-21949358

It also says No Club shall permit or facilitate group training at its Training Ground before the date on which such activity is permitted by the Government (‘Training Return Date .

Presumably that means Arsenal, Spurs and Brighton shouldn't be holding training sessions; I think any training comes under the heading of group training.

It also says No Club shall permit or facilitate group training at its Training Ground before the date on which such activity is permitted by the Government (‘Training Return Date .

Presumably that means Arsenal, Spurs and Brighton shouldn't be holding training sessions; I think any training comes under the heading of group training.

Arsenal are one of our remaining games so they have already gained an unfair advantage (and illegal?) by starting group training at the Arsenal training ground.

The harder they try to make this happen the more farcical it becomes.

606 was on 5live earlier.

Listened to half an hour .There were 4 callers on in that time all saying finish the season , however, whenever . They were ....
Liverpool fan, 2 Leeds fans and a Cheltenham Town fan (Cheltenham are in the league 2 playoff spots).

Surprising views weren't they :lol:.

Yesterday- FIFA medical adviser says football should not return and should be planning for next season

Today - UEFA medical adviser says football should be ok to return.

Symbolises a shambolic lack of joined up thinking caused by them pursuing their own agendas to get their own ducks in a row first.

Meanwhile the UK government make headline grabbing statements about wanting football to return yet the National Football Police Chief questions how football returning behind closed doors is possible given the challenges.
Do these people not know what phone and email are ?. Pathetic.