Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls | Page 8 | Vital Football

Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls

More hyperbole.

Was it shite in the first half? No. The players folded in the second ... why some feel the need to put it at the feet of the manager is baffling (to me).

Yes, I can see it being a lot better next season ... the signs are there from this season.

I seem to say it every week ... some fans seem to see the worst and then imply that everything was the same. There's no acknowledgement of any good stuff whatsoever.
If you think his style of football will get you out of league one. Your dreaming. It’s obvious he won’t change his style to suite when playing bottom end sides. Did it last season. At Blackpool. That was a disgraceful performance with this manager. In charge.

If you think his style of football will get you out of league one. Your dreaming. It’s obvious he won’t change his style to suite when playing bottom end sides. Did it last season. At Blackpool. That was a disgraceful performance with this manager. In charge.
Of course it will ... just as it has for plenty of other teams over the years. We just need to execute it better more consistently than we have done this season, that's all.

Any road, isn't being a football fan all about dreaming? ... and haven't ours come true before?

Bringing on Magennis is the footballing equivalent of "throwing in the towel" in boxing. He falls over, loses the ball, doesn't jump and always manages to stay clear of any action. I wish I hadn't noticed it, but I really can't "unsee" it; he sort of jogs towards an opponent who has the ball and then decelerates (if that's possible!) so that he doesn't have to even attempt a tackle.
Sean Clare is another liability. Predictably passes backwards, or even worse, passes to a player who is surrounded by the opposition. I can see why his team mates are reluctant to pass to him, even when he is standing in space.

Of course it will ... just as it has for plenty of other teams over the years. We just need to execute it better more consistently than we have done this season, that's all.

Any road, isn't being a football fan all about dreaming? ... and haven't ours come true before?
Not playing that style

Any thoughts on today's game Moonay based on what you watched, did you think we were good, could it really of been 7? Sometimes sugar coating every single things comes across as slightly silly. It was poor today just say it as it was.

From effort, grit & determination of Tuesday to a lacklustre, pedestrian & inept display today....inconsistency being our only consistence.
How do we go from Tuesday to this....Jekyll and bloody Hyde.
Done absolutely bugger all in this second half & needing 2 goals we take off a striker for a striker...wtf
Not sure we even replaced a striker with a striker!

Believe it or not, I said before the game against Bolton on Tuesday.."I'll take a loss away to Fleetwood so long as we beat Bolton"....cue Fleetwood away, I didn't really mean it & thot we'd be too strong for them....how wrong was I. If we'd fought them for majority of the game & lost, I'd try to accept that but to just capitulate in that second half wasn't a good watch & certainly exposes SM in how he adapts to set up & varying conditions. Why we didn't go to two up top when needing 2 goals is a head scratcher, as we're the subs. It was as if his subs were penciled in prior to the game & he was sticking with that despite the sh@t we were in.....🤔🤔🤔
Two up top with this mon. The only thing we seem to get is two shots on target and the occasional three. I don't think we have reached ten shots on target in a match this season. I know shots on target doesn't mean everything but it does mean something.

Any thoughts on today's game Moonay based on what you watched, did you think we were good, could it really of been 7? Sometimes sugar coating every single things comes across as slightly silly. It was poor today just say it as it was.
First half, except for the sloppy concentration for the goals, I thought we played quite well.

Second half, more sloppiness and less energy meant that we gifted them the game.

I've no problem saying we were poor ... I just don't think the manager should be on his way because of it.

Springy, have you got me on ignore? Ive been saying that for months, a managerial change is what's needed to get a tune out of this lot.
We don't need a tune out of this lot Frank, most will be gone come July. Personally, I can't wait for this season to finish, I can't remember a season I've enjoyed less since Kenny Swain days.

Why is it stupid, his brand of football is possibly the worst I have seen in 55 years of watching Latics.
He has some decent players but he can't get them to play consistently from one game to another.
I know we would be on the edge of the play offs without the -8, but the football this mon has us playing is in desperate need of overhauling, it is horrible to watch.
Can you honestly see it being any better next season because I can't.
Not possibly the worst. It is definitely the worst. Horrible to watch. Not the worst side or worst manager but by far the worst style of football I can ever remember Latics playing.

Watched Latics probable longer ad more times thamost on here. We have had good seasons but mostly Good seasons. The bad were very bad, game after game all season. The good were mostly good all season. Some were average with ups and downs.
This season I have ENJOYED several games, and have been disappointed with good and bad in a game several times, and then a few have been absolute rubbish.
It's a difficult new season with a hotchpotch of players and a manager with good ideas and pride in being a Latic. He's done the job asked of him with both hands tied behind his back. I am confident we are safe even with a few more games and points to earn.
Already looking forward to next season as our rebuild continues. UP THE TICS. see you all next Saturday

Not possibly the worst. It is definitely the worst. Horrible to watch. Not the worst side or worst manager but by far the worst style of football I can ever remember Latics playing.
Less than 9 thousand home fans against Bolton. But some can’t see it Wiganers won’t watch this style of football. You will find out next season when season ticket are down And the chairman is complaining

Watched Latics probable longer ad more times thamost on here. We have had good seasons but mostly Good seasons. The bad were very bad, game after game all season. The good were mostly good all season. Some were average with ups and downs.
This season I have ENJOYED several games, and have been disappointed with good and bad in a game several times, and then a few have been absolute rubbish.
It's a difficult new season with a hotchpotch of players and a manager with good ideas and pride in being a Latic. He's done the job asked of him with both hands tied behind his back. I am confident we are safe even with a few more games and points to earn.
Already looking forward to next season as our rebuild continues. UP THE TICS. see you all next Saturday
I’m I long time fan from before NPL days. This is the worse style of football I have seen in years. No players are improving under him and that’s a big worry. Matt Smith should be getting better. And he’s going backwards and that’s a big worry……. Morrison was building up a nice partnership with Hughes. Then Brings this Brentford lad in. Only reason for that the club thought Hughes could have gone in the window. But some think next season will be better.

If only we had another good striker aside from Humps.

Look at that lad at Portsmouth 4 goals, 1 assist in 7 appearances swear I’ve seen him come through somewhere…

I’m still surprised that Lang was deemed surplus to requirements by Maloney/some on here and yet now we have no options on the bench.

How Magennis still gets picked ahead of Kelman who hasn’t had any real chance to make an impression is beyond me.

I still don’t get what our style of play is apart from attrition/boredom. We’re set up to be afraid of the opposition rather than a bit of belief. Everything is too cautious and promotes the hesitation/mixed thoughts when on the ball.

There’s enough banners at home to remind the players to BELIEVE they can play better than how they’re being set up.

Come on Shaun, start them playing with some venom rather than vanilla