Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls | Page 7 | Vital Football

Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls

I agree with that ... and Bolton was the first time I'd seen us really do that ... and it worked !

We conceded some poor goals, and missed a couple of great chances, but what really gets me is the way that some of our fans are talking about Fleetwood as if they should have been a walkover.

We expected to lose on tuesday, and win today ... footbawl's a fanny owld guyme !
We have been doing it all season...sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't. What frustrates me so much is we are capable of excellent away performances like Bolton, Peterborough and Barnsley...seen more of this allowing the opposition possession at home with some success but God it is shite to watch.

Let's be fair Perdika, the players the manager brought in have basically done what needed to be done. He couldn't spend owt, yet he's put a team together which will survive comfortably.

Of course, if one's expectations are much higher, then I suppose that's going to bring on greater disappointment ... but that's largely partly self-inflicted.

We've been saying for weeks that the team's inconsistent ... that's the only consistent thing about them. We're on 44 points (52 really) ... the season will fizzle out (great) ... lots of players will leave ... we'll build a new squad next season (without spending big bucks) ... the young lads will be a year older, and a full season more experienced ... it'll be reet.
:bs: :yawning::sleep:

Let's be fair Perdika, the players the manager brought in have basically done what needed to be done. He couldn't spend owt, yet he's put a team together which will survive comfortably.

Of course, if one's expectations are much higher, then I suppose that's going to bring on greater disappointment ... but that's largely partly self-inflicted.

We've been saying for weeks that the team's inconsistent ... that's the only consistent thing about them. We're on 44 points (52 really) ... the season will fizzle out (great) ... lots of players will leave ... we'll build a new squad next season (without spending big bucks) ... the young lads will be a year older, and a full season more experienced ... it'll be reet.
I quite agree with you that we'll be reet and I'm more than happy overall with our season,Indeed it's probably better than I expected.I was just saying we need experience in midfield next season and if we get that I'm sure we'll be way higher next season.As I say I'm content with this term

Fleetwood have been playing much better in recent weeks by changing managers but still playing the same players. We have better players and maybe they would benefit from a managerial change and more aggressive forward thinking tactics.
That's put the 'cat-amongst-the-pigeons',
although some posters will agree with it and others will not.

Come on runcorn, any manager who gets 4 stuffed up them at Fleetwood shouldn't wait to be sacked, he should resign and make his own way home. Shameful result.
So after beating Bolton the other night in a game in which we totally matched them, Maloney should now resign due to a defeat at Fleetwood? Give over!

Just got back from Fleetwood and what a depressing day, pissed down with rain going got drenched getting in the sports bar around the corner from Parkside, Chips were good but Steak pie was awful.

Anyway... The match... Thought we started well, good movement down the left through Chambers, Humphrys and J Smith... Their 1st goal a loose pass again !! and Matt Smith had a nightmare as he was forever giving the ball away ?? coupled with Adeeko who kept standing next their players reducing the space further ?? Great Humphrys goal well taken and then I thought we would go on and easily win this.... Asgaard goal again well played and then we sort of imploded !! Godo gave the ball away and they went through the middle of the defence again (same as 1st goal) and it was 2-2 ... I didn't think Chambers had a good half either as J Smith was shouting at him to pass the ball as he was in space but he kept turning inside or trying to pass to Humphrys when he had 3 around him.

2nd half we just capitulated with bad passing and too many players were guilty of sloppy and poor passing ... 4 subs at 60 mins which made no real difference and how Godo was left on the pitch by Maloney was beyond me, very dissapointing and when praising Kerr in my last match post, today he was awful.

Not much positivity in this game, we started well !!, played well !! Then got cocky and had our backside torn a new one ....

Move on... next game ... need to forget this one....🙄

Last edited:
Hang on a wee minute..... a bloody week where they were.....
Praised to high heaven quite rightly for a fighting & determined show on Tuesday to being criticised quite rightly for a dog sh@te display lacking any fight on Saturday.....
You do realise that you can give both praise & criticism in the same week without being a goldfish, it's about saying it how you see the game. Just not consistent enough imo
There's a difference Jock between giving praise & throwing toys out of the pram - which is something most do on here when we lose a game.

We (most of us) knew it was going to be a season of indifference. To get to where we are after an 8 point deduction, with a team of first year pros, loans & folk on their way out, we're not doing too bad IMO!

Players absolutely. Even the manager and his tactics.

My point was really with regard to those calling for the manager to be gone. Bloody stupid.
Why is it stupid, his brand of football is possibly the worst I have seen in 55 years of watching Latics.
He has some decent players but he can't get them to play consistently from one game to another.
I know we would be on the edge of the play offs without the -8, but the football this mon has us playing is in desperate need of overhauling, it is horrible to watch.
Can you honestly see it being any better next season because I can't.

And for Tuesday. Even thought it was a good win always is. We rode our luck and for god sake don’t say we didn’t. Today we was winning. And totally collapsed. Second half. But to day second half no one had a clue what position they were playing. And that’s down to the manager.
Aye, cos the players who started didn't know where they were playing, and the he told all the subs to go out and play wherever they fancy. Makes sense.

Why is it stupid, his brand of football is possibly the worst I have seen in 55 years of watching Latics.
He has some decent players but he can't get them to play consistently from one game to another.
I know we would be on the edge of the play offs without the -8, but the football this mon has us playing is in desperate need of overhauling, it is horrible to watch.
Can you honestly see it being any better next season because I can't.
More hyperbole.

Was it shite in the first half? No. The players folded in the second ... why some feel the need to put it at the feet of the manager is baffling (to me).

Yes, I can see it being a lot better next season ... the signs are there from this season.

I seem to say it every week ... some fans seem to see the worst and then imply that everything was the same. There's no acknowledgement of any good stuff whatsoever.