Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls | Page 6 | Vital Football

Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls

That summed up the season,We seem to be able to raise our game against the better sides but drop our game against the poorer teams. It needs looking at over the close season and we need to bring in a couple of players that can get the big challenges in and grab the team by the scruff of the neck to bring consistency we desperately need.In short genuine leaders on the pitch.
Let's be fair Perdika, the players the manager brought in have basically done what needed to be done. He couldn't spend owt, yet he's put a team together which will survive comfortably.

Of course, if one's expectations are much higher, then I suppose that's going to bring on greater disappointment ... but that's largely partly self-inflicted.

We've been saying for weeks that the team's inconsistent ... that's the only consistent thing about them. We're on 44 points (52 really) ... the season will fizzle out (great) ... lots of players will leave ... we'll build a new squad next season (without spending big bucks) ... the young lads will be a year older, and a full season more experienced ... it'll be reet.

Just watched that Total shambles watched some crap over the years. That could have been 7. And that from a winning position. Think we can clearly see after today. How good Matt Smith is. And why clubs were not queuing up to take him.Not one midfielder put a tackle in. Waiting for the excuses Fleetwood are a good team. pitch didn’t help us.

Counted at least 7 misplaced passes from MS....def going backwards.

That was a disgraceful performance from us. For all the credit Maloney and the players rightly got against Bolton they deserve nothing but critasism for today.

Fleetwood pressed us high and hard and worked to make life difficult for us in poor conditions while we just stood off, no press, no urgency and gave them all the time in the world on the ball to much more easily deal with the conditions.

How many times do we have to go through this before we learn the blatently obvious lesson that we have to set up to press poor sides instead of just giving them all the time and space in the world? Why do we so often get out competed by the worst sides in the league after showing we can out compete the best? If we put in half of the effort we did against Bolton we'd have won that comfortably but it was so lacklustre and casual.

We've had season where we've been really poor and lost more games, but this season has been the worst I can remember for us just under performing and being so easily and so often out worked by lesser sides. Fleetwood weren't great but they just wanted it a lot more than us, just like Exeter, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Port Vale, Doncaster, etc. Normal service resumed unfortunately.

👏👏👏👏👏

I would start with a genuine leader off the pitch first, this idiot can't get his team to perform against arguably the worst team in League One. He needs replacing.
They're 8 points above Carlisle ... why try and add hyperbole to your post?

Let's be fair Perdika, the players the manager brought in have basically done what needed to be done. He couldn't spend owt, yet he's put a team together which will survive comfortably.

Of course, if one's expectations are much higher, then I suppose that's going to bring on greater disappointment ... but that's largely partly self-inflicted.

We've been saying for weeks that the team's inconsistent ... that's the only consistent thing about them. We're on 44 points (52 really) ... the season will fizzle out (great) ... lots of players will leave ... we'll build a new squad next season (without spending big bucks) ... the young lads will be a year older, and a full season more experienced ... it'll be reet.
That's all very well Ant, but I don't trust him anymore after the shit we've seen this season.
There's no arguing that he can spot a decent player, but he can't set them up and get them playing at a consistent level to avoid the embarrassment of results like today.
or are we wrong to have expectations greater than getting stuffed 4-2 at effing Fleetwood.

Oh dear. I knew I shouldn't have come on here. After tuesday, it's just like the manager's song ... in, out, in, out. It's as if some folk haven't seen a game of football before.

Unbelievable ... or rather, all too believable, sadly.

If we'd have lost on tuesday and won today, would that have made some of you happier? I suppose at least it'll make for a busy board for a day or two ... nowt like a defeat to a lowly side to toys dispersing !
There is losing, there is winning and there is the way maloney constantly gets performances like this from his players, people would have said the same had we managed a lucky draw or win.

That's all very well Ant, but I don't trust him anymore after the shit we've seen this season.
There's no arguing that he can spot a decent player, but he can't set them up and get them playing at a consistent level to avoid the embarrassment of results like today.
or are we wrong to have expectations greater than getting stuffed 4-2 at effing Fleetwood.
What a different half a bloody week makes.

A fanbase of goldfish !

That was a disgraceful performance from us. For all the credit Maloney and the players rightly got against Bolton they deserve nothing but critasism for today.

Fleetwood pressed us high and hard and worked to make life difficult for us in poor conditions while we just stood off, no press, no urgency and gave them all the time in the world on the ball to much more easily deal with the conditions.

How many times do we have to go through this before we learn the blatently obvious lesson that we have to set up to press poor sides instead of just giving them all the time and space in the world? Why do we so often get out competed by the worst sides in the league after showing we can out compete the best? If we put in half of the effort we did against Bolton we'd have won that comfortably but it was so lacklustre and casual.

We've had season where we've been really poor and lost more games, but this season has been the worst I can remember for us just under performing and being so easily and so often out worked by lesser sides. Fleetwood weren't great but they just wanted it a lot more than us, just like Exeter, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Port Vale, Doncaster, etc. Normal service resumed unfortunately.
There is nothing ANYONE can argue with in this post, or perhaps that you are not being harsh enough with your reasoning.

There is losing, there is winning and there is the way maloney constantly gets performances like this from his players, people would have said the same had we managed a lucky draw or win.
Some people like to moan,... whatever has happened on the pitch, result or performance wise ... full stop.

Long time since we looked like we could have had 7 goals put past us but we sure did today Did any one have a clue what position second half they was playing.

The lack of effort from players against the bottom half teams has been there all season. They just can't motivate themselves and I don't know why. Would back us home or away against the stronger sides, but expect to lose all games against the bottom half with the effort put in.

I don't understand again why after getting tactics spot on against Bolton we play a completely different style next game. Scott Smith was fantastic at RWB against Bolton and produced an undroppable display, yet gets turfed out for Clare who has been dreadful for months. Kerr excels as the right side of a back 3, were he can carry the ball forward, Chambers really going from strength to strength as the left hand side of a back 3. So Maloney switches it to back 4, in which none of the back four have been comfortable with all season. It's just asking for goals against.

What a different half a bloody week makes.

A fanbase of goldfish !

Hang on a wee minute..... a bloody week where they were.....
Praised to high heaven quite rightly for a fighting & determined show on Tuesday to being criticised quite rightly for a dog sh@te display lacking any fight on Saturday.....
You do realise that you can give both praise & criticism in the same week without being a goldfish, it's about saying it how you see the game. Just not consistent enough imo

I'm wavering pal...I just don't like this sit back and invite on, never have.
I agree with that ... and Bolton was the first time I'd seen us really do that ... and it worked !

We conceded some poor goals, and missed a couple of great chances, but what really gets me is the way that some of our fans are talking about Fleetwood as if they should have been a walkover.

We expected to lose on tuesday, and win today ... footbawl's a fanny owld guyme !

Hang on a wee minute..... a bloody week where they were.....
Praised to high heaven quite rightly for a fighting & determined show on Tuesday to being criticised quite rightly for a dog sh@te display lacking any fight on Saturday.....
You do realise that you can give both praise & criticism in the same week without being a goldfish, it's about saying it how you see the game. Just not consistent enough imo
Players absolutely. Even the manager and his tactics.

My point was really with regard to those calling for the manager to be gone. Bloody stupid.