Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fisherman's Friends versus Uncle Joe's balls

I have, have YOU seen how Fleetwood are passing the ball and NOT giving it away constantly, running down blind alleys or putting shit crosses in when they do. They should have scored 5 or 6. Or after that just now 7 SEVEN.

Precisely what I have been saying. They are playing to the condition of the pitch and keeping it simple.

Oh dear. I knew I shouldn't have come on here. After tuesday, it's just like the manager's song ... in, out, in, out. It's as if some folk haven't seen a game of football before.

Unbelievable ... or rather, all too believable, sadly.

If we'd have lost on tuesday and won today, would that have made some of you happier? I suppose at least it'll make for a busy board for a day or two ... nowt like a defeat to a lowly side to toys dispersing !

It was inevitable to be fair. We always lose straight after beating Bolton. Replicating performance levels days after playing them have been an issue for years.

Results are irrelevant to me now as our season is over, but it's good to use these games to see if players are worth being involved next season. Goode I don't think is worth signing. I don't rate Sean Clare and never have, I really don't see what Maloney does in him. He's just bang-average at everything and terrible off the ball.

I'd sign that Stockley to replace Magennis when Fleetwood go down, as well as that Celtic loanee.

It was inevitable to be fair. We always lose straight after beating Bolton. Replicating performance levels days after playing them have been an issue for years.

Results are irrelevant to me now as our season is over, but it's good to use these games to see if players are worth being involved next season........

I'd sign that Stockley to replace Magennis when Fleetwood go down, as well as that Celtic loanee.
I liked your initial post, but realised I didn't agree with it all .,.. so you can have a (y) for these bits.

From effort, grit & determination of Tuesday to a lacklustre, pedestrian & inept display today....inconsistency being our only consistence.
How do we go from Tuesday to this....Jekyll and bloody Hyde.
Done absolutely bugger all in this second half & needing 2 goals we take off a striker for a striker...wtf
We replaced a striker with a Megennis to be fair so we were always going to struggle.

For context, Dorking (in the bottom 4 at the start of the day) have just stuffed Chesterfield (20 points clear) 4-1. It's what happens in football matches. For years, we've been the ones who were considered shite, even though we punched above our weight, ... now it appears some of our fans are full of the arrogance we used to accused others of having.

I don't know about smoking in Wiggin Pier ... sounds like you're smoking summat now!
Yeh, I'm wrong, we were brilliant again from start to finish, the manager is outstanding and deserves to be managing Liverpool.
I am so proud of the way we play, we are on the edge of our seats from the first minute every match. Our manager will have us playing Champions League football very soon at this rate.

That was a disgraceful performance from us. For all the credit Maloney and the players rightly got against Bolton they deserve nothing but critasism for today.

Fleetwood pressed us high and hard and worked to make life difficult for us in poor conditions while we just stood off, no press, no urgency and gave them all the time in the world on the ball to much more easily deal with the conditions.

How many times do we have to go through this before we learn the blatently obvious lesson that we have to set up to press poor sides instead of just giving them all the time and space in the world? Why do we so often get out competed by the worst sides in the league after showing we can out compete the best? If we put in half of the effort we did against Bolton we'd have won that comfortably but it was so lacklustre and casual.

We've had season where we've been really poor and lost more games, but this season has been the worst I can remember for us just under performing and being so easily and so often out worked by lesser sides. Fleetwood weren't great but they just wanted it a lot more than us, just like Exeter, Cheltenham, Stevenage, Port Vale, Doncaster, etc. Normal service resumed unfortunately.

That summed up the season,We seem to be able to raise our game against the better sides but drop our game against the poorer teams. It needs looking at over the close season and we need to bring in a couple of players that can get the big challenges in and grab the team by the scruff of the neck to bring consistency we desperately need.In short genuine leaders on the pitch.

Yeh, I'm wrong, we were brilliant again from start to finish, the manager is outstanding and deserves to be managing Liverpool.
I am so proud of the way we play, we are on the edge of our seats from the first minute every match. Our manager will have us playing Champions League football very soon at this rate.
This is just as daft as your other post.

Just watched that Total shambles watched some crap over the years. That could have been 7. And that from a winning position. Think we can clearly see after today. How good Matt Smith is. And why clubs were not queuing up to take him.Not one midfielder put a tackle in. Waiting for the excuses Fleetwood are a good team. pitch didn’t help us.

That summed up the season,We seem to be able to raise our game against the better sides but drop our game against the poorer teams. It needs looking at over the close season and we need to bring in a couple of players that can get the big challenges in and grab the team by the scruff of the neck to bring consistency we desperately need.In short genuine leaders on the pitch.
I would start with a genuine leader off the pitch first, this idiot can't get his team to perform against arguably the worst team in League One. He needs replacing.

Oh dear. I knew I shouldn't have come on here. After tuesday, it's just like the manager's song ... in, out, in, out. It's as if some folk haven't seen a game of football before.

Unbelievable ... or rather, all too believable, sadly.

If we'd have lost on tuesday and won today, would that have made some of you happier? I suppose at least it'll make for a busy board for a day or two ... nowt like a defeat to a lowly side to toys dispersing !

Believe it or not, I said before the game against Bolton on Tuesday.."I'll take a loss away to Fleetwood so long as we beat Bolton"....cue Fleetwood away, I didn't really mean it & thot we'd be too strong for them....how wrong was I. If we'd fought them for majority of the game & lost, I'd try to accept that but to just capitulate in that second half wasn't a good watch & certainly exposes SM in how he adapts to set up & varying conditions. Why we didn't go to two up top when needing 2 goals is a head scratcher, as we're the subs. It was as if his subs were penciled in prior to the game & he was sticking with that despite the sh@t we were in.....🤔🤔🤔