Fined Again! | Vital Football

Fined Again!

springy-park

Vital 1st Team Regular
We need to get better at not getting into these situations. Although immature from Godo admittedly I don't feel that the Bolton one was particularly our fault but we can't argue with 4 previous charges for it.

I'm usually very quick to criticize these panels/reviews but it seems pretty fair from what I've read and was good to see that they'd taken note about that thug Evatt going for Godo.

We know the EFL can't wait to fine you if you end up in situations like we did at the end of the Bolton game - regardless of if you started it or not.

I don't think we can really complain if it's our 4th offence. When it keeps happening we've got to look at ourselves rather than blame everyone else. We need to show more discipline.

We know the EFL can't wait to fine you if you end up in situations like we did at the end of the Bolton game - regardless of if you started it or not.

I don't think we can really complain if it's our 4th offence. When it keeps happening we've got to look at ourselves rather than blame everyone else. We need to show more discipline.
The first sentence change that to we know the EFL can't wait to fine us.

I've seen multiple instances of opposition surrounding the referees when playing us after incidents and not getting a charge after. Completely inconsistent.

We lost a league high of 12 points this season due to refereeing errors, so it's no surprise players are getting frustrated with officials.

I'd rather not have any major decisions for players to have to react.

It's no surprise there is a correlation between major refereeing errors and players surrounding referees. Obviously the Bolton situation was different, our players celebrating in front of our fans and Boltons players an manager deliberately provoking a reaction. Bolton should have been fined significantly more.

The standard of refereeing this season has been the worst in decades. Never seen so many huge match changing mistakes go against us in one season before. Follow that up with the much harsher points deductions received over the last couple of seasons compared to other teams and it's no wonder the EFL is being questioned.

Last edited:
The Stevenage one was also not our fault either. It was caused by the most inept officiating performance I’ve ever seen and boiled over when the tool just stood there as one of their players committed a red card offence next to the bench and allowed matters to take its course.

As for the Bolton one, what do they expect us to do whilst some oaf tries to bully and intimidate a younger player? To be honest Evatt should be up on a separate charge for inciting this and his behaviour.

Does it depend if the referee cites poor behaviour in their report?

Maybe some referees 'forget' to mention a melee if they realise it is their ineptitude that caused the 'melee'

The first sentence change that to we know the EFL can't wait to fine us.

I've seen multiple instances of opposition surrounding the referees when playing us after incidents and not getting a charge after. Completely inconsistent.

We lost a league high of 12 points this season due to refereeing errors, so it's no surprise players are getting frustrated with officials.

I'd rather not have any major decisions for players to have to react.

It's no surprise there is a correlation between major refereeing errors and players surrounding referees. Obviously the Bolton situation was different, our players celebrating in front of our fans and Boltons players an manager deliberately provoking a reaction. Bolton should have been fined significantly more.

The standard of refereeing this season has been the worst in decades. Never seen so many huge match changing mistakes go against us in one season before. Follow that up with the much harsher points deductions received over the last couple of seasons compared to other teams and it's no wonder the EFL is being questioned.

No doubt that we've had some very bad refs and also lots of inconsistency. We feel that as fans just as much as the players do.

So if we know they aren't treating us fairly we need to make sure we don't give them excuses to punish us.

I really can’t believe that some of you are blaming the ref here or less still the EFL. Your player provoked the situation by stupidly celebrating what was let’s face it a very fortunate victory in front of a very disappointed massed rank of Wanderers fans. I do accept that Evatt’s reaction was wrong too but come on, the punishment was fair and both sides acted childishly. Its understandable that players want to celebrate but do it in front of your own fans and don’t incite trouble by being stupid.

I really can’t believe that some of you are blaming the ref here or less still the EFL. Your player provoked the situation by stupidly celebrating what was let’s face it a very fortunate victory in front of a very disappointed massed rank of Wanderers fans. I do accept that Evatt’s reaction was wrong too but come on, the punishment was fair and both sides acted childishly. Its understandable that players want to celebrate but do it in front of your own fans and don’t incite trouble by being stupid.
He was about 30 yards away from the Bolton fans, he simply cupped his hands to his ears after stick received during the game, as he walked towards where the most vocal, highest concentration of home supporters was. There was absolutely no need for any reaction from Bolton players or manager. Had he gone up to the away fans and ran up and down in front, putting his finger up then it would have been a completely different story.

He was on front of our own fans in the East stand. Your lot just happened to be close by after our very well deserved victory again. If your manager had stayed away then there would have been no problem. Also the.match was finished and the ref should have been off the pitch, as his Co trol was completed

'owd on ....is it April 1st already?
😳

Fuck off you 6 fingered prick, a 20 year old kid playing his first full season in professional football, and that clueless rabid moron reacted yet again, nothing to do with that incident it was the red mist in him because we beat noblot YET AGAIN.
He soon backed down when Goode and Kerr squared up to him, the coward seems to fancy himself against a 10 stone kid but shit himself and quietened down he came up against proper men. Mark of an absolute bully.

PS. Who are you going to blame for the same at Fleetwood (or defend)???????????????????