Financial Fair Play Explained | Page 32 | Vital Football

Financial Fair Play Explained

Should our new owners just pay the fine for FFP and get on with it?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
who are all registered to random PO boxes in Manchester......allegedly

It's obvious that they'll be found guilty unless it becomes the biggest corruption scandal of all time. They know they're guilty otherwise why the need to drag it out for as long as possible.

It's obvious that they'll be found guilty unless it becomes the biggest corruption scandal of all time. They know they're guilty otherwise why the need to drag it out for as long as possible.
I hope they get their arses handed to them at some point and they are pushed down to the pub leagues, but I have no faith whatsoever that the authorities will actually do anything meaningful. This whole thing reminds me of the VW diesel engine scandal. They dragged it out for as long as possible by using every dirty trick in the lawyers handbook, then just paid the fine.

Salary cap as in other sports, can have 30 players or 11 players, but you can’t pay them more than X amount total. Hopefully that would even things out a bit. BTW a sign on bonus and a win bonus would be included in the overall and points deductions occur before the beginning of the season, not during. It would involve academy players as well and coaches.
Doesn't work in a global sport. Works in self-contained single-nation sports like NFL and NBA but countries would just try and have a higher cap than the others to attract the best players or if it was set centrally it would rise and fall with exchange rates but be way too complicated to administer.

There is no way Man City will be properly penalised should they be found guilty of these 115 breaches. Not a chance. Nor Chelsea, imho.

No football club effectively owned by a state (oil or otherwise) will be punished to the extent they are relegated/have titles removed/etc. Not a chance.

The goalposts will DEFINITELY be moved to the extent that any penalty will be financial, and therefore easily absorbed by the clubs involved.

Not sure how that will help the likes of Forest and Everton mind you, especially if they end up getting relegated this season by virtue of their points deductions.

There is no way Man City will be properly penalised should they be found guilty of these 115 breaches. Not a chance. Nor Chelsea, imho.

No football club effectively owned by a state (oil or otherwise) will be punished to the extent they are relegated/have titles removed/etc. Not a chance.

The goalposts will DEFINITELY be moved to the extent that any penalty will be financial, and therefore easily absorbed by the clubs involved.

Not sure how that will help the likes of Forest and Everton mind you, especially if they end up getting relegated this season by virtue of their points deductions.
Yep. Man City and Chelsea are just too valuable to Premier League plc.

That's why I think the PL have pushed so hard on points (it's their final throw, the motivation is beyond me UNLESS enough of the execs are pissed at being treated like ***** and it's now personal). There cannot be a scenario where City don't get the same, because the clubs with points punishments could then legally bankrupt the PL in losses, punitive, and I'd throw in defamation, corruption and anti competitive practices to boot if they demonstrate a true two tier.

It'll be fudged no doubt, but the fudge makes it a bigger legal issue, and speaking for myself, clubs will already be planning their reactions.

I've said it before, if Citeh are punished they will threaten to leave the PL, others, like Chelsea may join them. The PL has a difficult choice then, expulsion or retract. If as presumed they retract, the Premier league will be in tatters leading to possibly a new league with new rules modelled on the ' American way' in short, football as we know it is finished. It won't be long before the ' Villa Lions will be playing the Red Devils of Manchester or even just the Gunners or even Liverbirds of Liverpool......

Surely we would be able to sue the PL for loss of revenue for not playing in Europe after the cheats beat us in the league cup final if and when cit£h are found guilty.

Surely we would be able to sue the PL for loss of revenue for not playing in Europe after the cheats beat us in the league cup final if and when cit£h are found guilty.
Yup throw in clubs who missed Europe, throw in those sides who could argue had they been punished appropriately 'they' could've won the title and the extra riches, even throw in those sides relegated if they can make a case they missed that.

Then complicate it with collusion, sporting advantage and integrity, and I can see a way for an argument on domestic cups - maybe even lower opposition that they put out?

It could almost be endless, as it would only take one club to kick off and others would follow to ensure they got their share.

Yup throw in clubs who missed Europe, throw in those sides who could argue had they been punished appropriately 'they' could've won the title and the extra riches, even throw in those sides relegated if they can make a case they missed that.

Then complicate it with collusion, sporting advantage and integrity, and I can see a way for an argument on domestic cups - maybe even lower opposition that they put out?

It could almost be endless, as it would only take one club to kick off and others would follow to ensure they got their share.
Yes. Sheffield Utd got huge compo from West Ham when they went down and it had transpired Tevez and Mascerano were illegally registered.

It should be a one league relegation for every season since they started cheating plus a one billion £ fine to compensate all the clubs it's affected.
Yep but as usual money will talk and it will be huge financial fine that will be pocket change to man c. The spurs owner just paid his way out of a certain jail sentence - purely because he has money - oh it’s his trust that owns spurs not him - another joke

I'd imagine it'll be nowt as there'll be no 'proof' that'll stand up to any serious level of legal scrutiny tbh. Much as the case with CAS.

SheffUtd were paid off (oops came to an out of court settlement) by spam directly - there was no compo handed down from the authorities aiui.
Suppose folk could try suing City directly - legals would love it but sweet fa would come of it I'd imagine

Maybe my reasoning is flawed, but I stand by this.

Absolutely NOTHING of any consequence will happen to City or Chelsea.
It’s not flawed, it’s very much reality. I’m just waiting for the breaking news and rejoicing that they have no case to answer and have reluctantly accepted a financial package of fines to draw a line under these unwarranted accusations.

Am I right in thinking that our shirt deal with Addidas is to bring in 40mill? Our new shirt sponsors Betano will also bring in 40 Mill, we could ear min if 40 mill qualifying for CL and winning the conf could also net 20 mill if that's right, that's 160 mill in the bank meaning FFP is now not an issue and we don't have to sell any of our top players just the deadwood Or have I got that completely wrong..

Am I right in thinking that our shirt deal with Addidas is to bring in 40mill? Our new shirt sponsors Betano will also bring in 40 Mill, we could ear min if 40 mill qualifying for CL and winning the conf could also net 20 mill if that's right, that's 160 mill in the bank meaning FFP is now not an issue and we don't have to sell any of our top players just the deadwood Or have I got that completely wrong..
Think the £40m is the headline figure split by the number of years. Don't know what it will mean to the bottom line in terms of budget, but it ain't going to harm us.