Financial Fair Play Explained | Page 31 | Vital Football

Financial Fair Play Explained

Should our new owners just pay the fine for FFP and get on with it?

• Yes

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Has to be at least 15m a season which is like x2 or x3 the entire Castore deal. Injecting 35-50m per season is serious!
Add in the higher league finish cash and also the Euro adventure cash should we better this season or at least match it - another serious injection - hell we could even go further in the domestic cups - more money than previous seasons

All that to reveal that the Villa has no net debt , is that what the bottom line is?
On the books yes, but the share equity of the owners is around £0.5bn, so we are indebted to them to that figure.

Not sure what to make of it really other than the huge gaps in revenue from the "big 6" down. Our new sponsorship deals and possible CL football won't hit the accounts until next season so I think the next accounts will also be based on a revenue of £200-250m - which shows how good a job Unai and his team are doing.

Interestingly we've had a net spend on players of £400m since 2014 and currently have a squad value in excess of £600m (Transfermarkt) which undervalues some of our major players. The investment in youth is particularly interesting as it either brings in a sizeable transfer fee or is a cheap way to build a squad capable of challenging - remains to be seen what the long term plan is.

On the books yes, but the share equity of the owners is around £0.5bn, so we are indebted to them to that figure.

Not sure what to make of it really other than the huge gaps in revenue from the "big 6" down. Our new sponsorship deals and possible CL football won't hit the accounts until next season so I think the next accounts will also be based on a revenue of £200-250m - which shows how good a job Unai and his team are doing.

Interestingly we've had a net spend on players of £400m since 2014 and currently have a squad value in excess of £600m (Transfermarkt) which undervalues some of our major players. The investment in youth is particularly interesting as it either brings in a sizeable transfer fee or is a cheap way to build a squad capable of challenging - remains to be seen what the long term plan is.
There you go the bottom line no buts.
Man Utd and Spurs owe more than a 3rd world country but that ok apparently

I really don't know mate. Some of it looks good for us, some not so good .
We have seasoned professionals running the club @wittonite, so I don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist. My own feeling is that things will level out over the next couple of years, provided we keep Unai and the performances on the pitch. This investment company with £6.5bn is an interesting one to watch.

We have seasoned professionals running the club @wittonite, so I don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist. My own feeling is that things will level out over the next couple of years, provided we keep Unai and the performances on the pitch. This investment company with £6.5bn is an interesting one to watch.
That Atrios deal is a strange one. In the initial announcement it was said that their role in the club would be to provide capital for infrastructure development, then not long after it was announced that the Witton End plans were being cancelled. So, does that add fuel to the fire that they will be the company that provides the funding for a new ground as opposed too an upgrade for Villa Park.

Absolute disgrace how that debt has been loaded onto the clubs - and then you see owners and the staff drawing millions from the clubs involved.
Surely that is why FFP or PS is there to stop that happening, Villa have no debt against the club, but United and Spurs are loaded with it and the club can theoretically go under at any time.

Well this new proposal to drop the points deduction is very dodgy, could this be a Man City proposal? Apparently there will be a fine and no points deductions, but a bigger fine which will go to other clubs......stinks, there will be a vote and City will get about 100 million fine, that won't bother them, it would also mean Newcastle could start spending billions. Football will become as dead as formula 1.

except city have no problems under the current p&s rules such is their revenue and player sales.
change is 'needed' as utd, dippers and arse are impacted by the current set-up.

current rules are stupid and need change regardless

except city have no problems under the current p&s rules such is their revenue and player sales.
change is 'needed' as utd, dippers and arse are impacted by the current set-up.

current rules are stupid and need change regardless
Salary cap as in other sports, can have 30 players or 11 players, but you can’t pay them more than X amount total. Hopefully that would even things out a bit. BTW a sign on bonus and a win bonus would be included in the overall and points deductions occur before the beginning of the season, not during. It would involve academy players as well and coaches.