Financial Fair Play Explained | Page 29 | Vital Football

Financial Fair Play Explained

Should our new owners just pay the fine for FFP and get on with it?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
Simon Jordan reckons it will be another few years before they do Citeh. Forest got 4 points on 1 charge because they rolled over. You are to imagine that they will throw the book at Citeh when this gets heard. I would guess they are going to strip them of titles and relegate them.
Well according to them. Manchester C££y beat Aston Villa fairly in the 2020 League Cup Final so let's hope they are stripped of everything and we are claimed as the winners.

However, with the best and most expensive lawyers in the world, I can't see it happening?

Well according to them. Manchester C££y beat Aston Villa fairly in the 2020 League Cup Final so let's hope they are stripped of everything and we are claimed as the winners.

However, with the best and most expensive lawyers in the world, I can't see it happening?

Winning titles four or five years after the final because the other team was caught for fraud doesn't float my boat.

Luckily, we have Unai so we can concentrate on winning them on the day.

Joking aside, I think this late in the season it's really unfair to take points off any team with only 9 games left. Take the points off next season, for gods sake give the clubs a chance considering the premiership gods do not know their arse from their elbow!!
But that would be unfair to those clubs who are relegated. An additional year in the PL is critical for those teams such as Luton.

For me it's got to be as simple as possible. Accounts are published now for 2022/23, teams are notified that they are under investigation and any breaches are punished at the start of the 2024/25 season. That provides teams a full financial year to get the books to balance before they are punished.

God only knows why the Man Citeh case has dragged on so long but this should be a nuclear approach for continued fraud (if proven). Strip them of all titles and cups that they were awarded during the period, a large fine and a transfer ban for a period moving forward. Put an independent regulator within the organisation to flag any future dodgy behaviour.

Winning titles four or five years after the final because the other team was caught for fraud doesn't float my boat.

If they played by the rules and never had such an obscene amount of money to spend on building two squads full of international players then perhaps we might have won fairly and squarely.

That's why they should be punished and stripped of the titles they won. And yes, I'll happily take that 2020 League Cup win as ours and I'm not bothered it was because they committed "fraud".

The punishment should fit the crime.

If they played by the rules and never had such an obscene amount of money to spend on building two squads full of international players then perhaps we might have won fairly and squarely.

That's why they should be punished and stripped of the titles they won. And yes, I'll happily take that 2020 League Cup win as ours and I'm not bothered it was because they committed "fraud".

The punishment should fit the crime.

I hope you get your trophy.

So the new shiny stadium makes that much of a difference revenue wise? Is it just because of the bigger crowd? Or the costs associated with it being all new and better facilities?
I think some of it is the London factor i.e. tourism. They make more matchday revenue than United. I haven't been there but the Stadium seems like its probably an American experience where you have so many different vendors and options inside the ground plus merchandise right inside the stadium itself too.

We have a club shop but ideally you'd want that inside the stadium and multiple food/drink options on every concourse. I haven't been to VP in well over 10 years but from memory trying to get food resulted in long lines because only a couple spots are available.

I don't know about anyone else but I rarely bothered going for food or a drink even tho I wanted it because it took so long to get it. You go at half time and you'll probably miss the first few mins of the second half. So they are losing revenue because of things like that. Tho its small fries compared to being able to offer box options and commercial options.

Potentially there is a reduction in operating costs too a new purpose-built development can be more efficient as well. So many factors.

The food & drink experience at VP is poor. Crammed concourses next to crammed smelly toilets. Took an Aussie to a match and a tour and he was dissapointed and rightly so considering VP is supposed to be one of the best grounds in the country.

Not sure how much a new stadium would cost but Spuds cost 1billion. Mixture of private investors, government money and the owners. Some 650M in debt. 23 years to pay it back at 30M a year.
They get 5M a game in revenue.

Evertons will cost 800M.

Agree, BodyButter. Imagine the legal shenanigans as the Sky Six employ Perry Mason on Steroids.

Not sure how much a new stadium would cost but Spuds cost 1billion. Mixture of private investors, government money and the owners. Some 650M in debt. 23 years to pay it back at 30M a year.
They get 5M a game in revenue.

Evertons will cost 800M.

From what I could find online, our match day revenue is around £1.8m per game.

If we could get it up to £5m per game, it would make sense to build a new stadium.

Do you think Beyonce wants to play Villa Park?

From what I could find online, our match day revenue is around £1.8m per game.

If we could get it up to £5m per game, it would make sense to build a new stadium.

Do you think Beyonce wants to play Villa Park?
FFS, we need a bigger Villa Park.

Agree, BodyButter. Imagine the legal shenanigans as the Sky Six employ Perry Mason on Steroids.

They get done and stripped of titles, they will be off to the ESL.....

They will never strip them of titles because of all the legal ramifications involved and the headache of trying to sort it all out means it just won't happen.

What should and will happen, God only knows particularly as Manchester City are one of the centre-pieces of the Premier League and the FA will be terrified of losing them plus probably some of the world's best lawyers working on behalf of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan to ensure that won't happen.

After all and as he's already proved, money is no object to him and he gets what he wants.

The food & drink experience at VP is poor. Crammed concourses next to crammed smelly toilets. Took an Aussie to a match and a tour and he was dissapointed and rightly so considering VP is supposed to be one of the best grounds in the country.
Aussies have no sense of football history though, it's like going round a stately home and moaning everything is old and there's no coffee shop. You don't go to Villa Park for the food and beer.

Aussies have no sense of football history though, it's like going round a stately home and moaning everything is old and there's no coffee shop. You don't go to Villa Park for the food and beer.

You don't go to Villa Park for food and beer.

Lots of modern fans do though. I saw a Liverpool fan complaining about the amount of tourists at Anfield. He said one guy showed up for the match with a pizza. Lol

Unfortunately, successful football teams attract tourists who are going to spend lots of money in the club shop and at the concession stands.

If we want to go places, we need all those dollars, yen and baht.

You don't go to Villa Park for food and beer.

Lots of modern fans do though. I saw a Liverpool fan complaining about the amount of tourists at Anfield. He said one guy showed up for the match with a pizza. Lol

Unfortunately, successful football teams attract tourists who are going to spend lots of money in the club shop and at the concession stands.

If we want to go places, we need all those dollars, yen and baht.
No mate we need hardcore Villa fans, not once-in-a-lifetime tourists and corporates, they have a place but if they want the true match-day experience they'll be happy with a special from the Villa chippy and a pint in the Witton arms.