Films you wish you'd never seen... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Films you wish you'd never seen...

One sacred cow to shoot down - Withnail and I.

Saw it years ago and was underwhelmed, just given up half way through watching it again. Its "ok" at best, can't understand the adoration its given

I don't think it has aged well. But the final scene where Richard E. Grant as Withnail quotes Hamlet as a way to understand his trajectory when compared with Paul McGann's character ('I') is a tour de force.

They did. Better, but still not very good. Terminator: Dark Fate. At least it had Linda Hamilton in it. But, stop already.
Precisely. They don't need to keep coming up with excuses that "the timeline has changed!" to churn out more toss films. I saw that last one advertised on the side of a bus, that's as much as I heard about it.

Precisely. They don't need to keep coming up with excuses that "the timeline has changed!" to churn out more toss films. I saw that last one advertised on the side of a bus, that's as much as I heard about it.

See also: Star Trek films. Hollywood dreck.

Independence Day 2: The Cashing-In. I actually saw it at the cinema and now it's on tv, and I'm already regretting rewatching it.

Independence Day 2: The Cashing-In. I actually saw it at the cinema and now it's on tv, and I'm already regretting rewatching it.

The first half of Independence Day is actually quite good. The second half? Dismal American myth-making and exceptionalism at its worst.

Still, the last laugh is currently being had by a tiny bundle of genetic material that isn't even, but some definitions, alive.