FFP charges? | Page 124 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

I also post on a forum called COYR forum which is a little more high brow that this one. But their FFP thread is 124 pages long and this one is 123 pages - crazy its that close isn't it?

Does ffp charges have a bearing on how the teams actually play?

Everton were struggling but once the 10 points penalty was administered they quickly went on a winning run. Since then they have returned to form.

Nuno’s appointment brought an immediate bounce and points v Newcastle and Man U. In Jan Forest were charged with falling foul and since have gone on a poor run. Now sentence has been established can they do an Everton?

Leics discretion was announced followed by a drop in form. 10 clear to only just above auto.

Now 4 points has been announced I fully expect Forest to get 9 points out of next four games. COYR.

Collymore on Twitter/X;

Worth reading.

"PSR. A long read. But you'll enjoy it. Promise.

In 1992, an arbitrary line was drawn in English and European football. If you were in the "club" at that time your finances took a boost by a cause and effect cycle.

You got money from the Prem and UEFA for being at the top of those tournaments, so you have more money to spend so you stay at the top of those tables. Give or take a club or two.

So what did other clubs who wanted to be at that table do? Well I'm not going to libel myself but it's fair to say that a novel take on rules, regulations and accounting took place by some. They would argue that was the only way to get into the club. It worked, because not only did those "wannabe" clubs attract investment ( mostly after being shit forever but in a "big" market to use an Americanism), they blew the doors off the system.

That didn't go unnoticed by many other clubs, their less than patient owners and a general attitude of "can our risk be more rewarding than the potential punishment "?. Some have just about managed to buck the system, most haven't. Take a look at a Championship and League 1 riddled with the bodies of Champions League Semi Finalists, Premier League winners and huge clubs with big dreams.

So to the Premier League...

Their intentions are admirable. Stop clubs going tits up due to their owners being glorified 12 year olds in a sweet shop. My club had 2 shit owners, and I'm confident at some point your club did to. That's how broken the system is at protecting clubs from themselves at times.

But the admirable intentions didn't factor in one major thing. The "top 6" benefitted from almost zero financial regulation for decades, made a shit ton of money by being in the right position at the right time from 1992-2000 give or take, beneficiaries of a "lock in" that still exists today.

So any financial fair play or adherence to sensible fiscal rules had to be in the context of "how do clubs who weren't at the 1992 table get a seat at it without engaging owners willing to bankroll to enormous and often reckless levels?" In my opinion the Premier League never factored this in, so created a system, that if it were implemented on day 1 of the Premier League, would possibly work well, but 30 years after a small number of clubs filled their boots with cash? No chance.

We need strong and punitive financial rules. That's clear.

But we need a system that allows clubs to grow, invest, spend and compete to get into the top 6, otherwise the perception, whether based on reality ( I don't think it is for what it's worth) or not, is that the deep football state ( ooooo, political reference) has created a puppet in Masters ( or Scudamore before him) who's only job is to maintain the status quo, keep enriching the big clubs forever while punishing equally as big but recently less successful than the current "big 6".

What that system is, I've no idea, but one has to be created or Forest and Everton's plight will be replicated as clubs push and blur lines even more in the chase to "get to the summit".

A competition can only exist if every participant plays on and off the pitch subject to the same rules and spirit.

That blatantly hasn't been the case in the Premier League nor UEFA club competitions since 1992. It's why a lock in was created to enhance the clout and success of big city clubs and is why...

Barcelona had fewer European Champions Cups than Nottingham Forest going into the new Champions League. That could not, by any means be allowed to stand.

And unless the Premier League and UEFA factor in the arbitrary "success" line they created in 1992 and since, and how some clubs immediately benefited because they were competitive at that time, which created a cabal, then all the rules that they now make, amend and ditch won't make an iota of difference.

Because every club should feel it has a shot at the title, and currently the set up in the Premier League does not allow this."

Guardian;

The year after their mega splurge, a period when signings were being reeled off every few days on the Marinakis Jr Instagram reel, Forest released 33 players and hired Nuno Espírito Santo, the seventh manager of the current era. Anyone looking for blame here, for obvious fault, for wrong turns along the way, should probably be looking at the bespoke padded throne in the directors’ box.

Guardian;

The year after their mega splurge, a period when signings were being reeled off every few days on the Marinakis Jr Instagram reel, Forest released 33 players and hired Nuno Espírito Santo, the seventh manager of the current era. Anyone looking for blame here, for obvious fault, for wrong turns along the way, should probably be looking at the bespoke padded throne in the directors’ box.

I'm sure ALL of this is down to Marinakis Jr., but what do you expected to happen when you give a dimwitted kid control over a 9 figure asset?

Fuck 'em Take the penalty and keep our players.
I'm sure its not escaped the attention of the middle-order clubs (smaller, according to Dick Masters) that that might be a coherent strategy.

Could the clubs trust the consistency of the EPL or IC, though, in applying its own regulations uniformly?

I see Leicester have been charged, and come out fighting.

Interesting to see they have adopted a slightly different tone to that of ours:

"LCFC remains willing and eager to engage constructively with the Premier League and the EFL to seek the proper resolution of any potential charges, by the right bodies, and at the right time. The Club continues to take careful advice about its position and, if necessary, will continue to defend itself from any unlawful acts by the football authorities, should they seek to exercise jurisdiction where they cannot do so, as occurred earlier this year."

I also post on a forum called COYR forum which is a little more high brow that this one. But their FFP thread is 124 pages long and this one is 123 pages - crazy its that close isn't it?
There's a poster named MacAwoniyi Cheese on there, sounds like a good 'un. Shame we can't have more of the likes of him on here.

"LCFC remains willing and eager to engage constructively with the Premier League and the EFL to seek the proper resolution of any potential charges, by the right bodies, and at the right time. The Club continues to take careful advice about its position and, if necessary, will continue to defend itself from any unlawful acts by the football authorities, should they seek to exercise jurisdiction where they cannot do so, as occurred earlier this year."
Jeez, is there a delay where you live? Or have you only just got out of bed you work shy tw*********** spu*****cu***

Do you reckon the Premier League will recommend they get 8 points…?

We will have to rely on academy again. Instead of spending on likes of Monteil, Tavares and Origi we will have to play Donnelly, Back, Taylor and Onsong.
No chance...Tavares was looking good-ish until his injury, and whilst origi will (hopefully) be on his way at the end of the season, is keeping CHO out the XI

Anyways, relegation is a certainty if the younglins play any stretch of games. or to the amount Tavares or Origi have done this season.
The club will be looking for loans, once more...

Back has played 18 times in the 3rd division, and an EPL club is going to jettison him in?
Donnelly, a similar number in a League of similar standard at Dundee
Taylor: 5 goals at 3rd division level.
Osong: no appearances this season.

Fuck 'em Take the penalty and keep our players.
Kind of coming around to that thought myself. Dont sell, keep spending take their points deduction and appeal and take the PL to court or CAS and become a right pain in the ass until they create an equal and equitable set of rules which will allow all clubs to compete with ambition

No chance...Tavares was looking good-ish until his injury, and whilst origi will (hopefully) be on his way at the end of the season, is keeping CHO out the XI

Anyways, relegation is a certainty if the younglins play any stretch of games. or to the amount Tavares or Origi have done this season.
The club will be looking for loans, once more...

Back has played 18 times in the 3rd division, and an EPL club is going to jettison him in?
Donnelly, a similar number in a League of similar standard at Dundee
Taylor: 5 goals at 3rd division level.
Osong: no appearances this season.
Let’s take a reality check. They are young, learning their trade. Harry Kane scored very few goals and played few games at Orient and Leics but hit the PL big time.

Taylor plays in a poor side that isn’t geared to his strengths yet gets good reviews.

Back was out with a broken leg and again plays in a poor team, as position indicates. Donelly was injured and then had heart problems. Is getting good reviews in Scotland and Ireland.

Bradley, Danns, Jones, Elliot and Quansah were not ripping up the league until Klipperty picked them. Tavares, Origi and Monteil have hardly taken the biscuit.