FFP charges? | Page 5 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

They've said that they are confident they will fall within the limits and have followed the rules at all times.

But they must be expecting some sort of charge for them to engage with a top sports lawyer in the first place.
Standard practice to lay out the case and evidence by putting it in the hands of experts

According to The Guardian. Shelvey is not on loan as a loan would exceed the number of permitted loans.

Would love to know how much Cooper and Nuno knew about this. I feel conspiracy theories building in hundreds of homes in Notts. Personally I've been worried about this since that first crazy transfer window and bearing in mind I've slated Derby and Everton for cheating the system I wont moan if we're found guilty

Would love to know how much Cooper and Nuno knew about this. I feel conspiracy theories building in hundreds of homes in Notts. Personally I've been worried about this since that first crazy transfer window and bearing in mind I've slated Derby and Everton for cheating the system I wont moan if we're found guilty
This is nothing like Derby's situation who systemically tried to cheat the system and were essentially bailed out by the taxpayer.

Not according to reports in the media today chap.
Just read we had terminated his contract, so thats good if we are found to be not in breach this year, as he's off the books for next year. But didn't we buy him for 3m, and pay him 70k a week? And his contract ran until 2025?

The word cheat in your paragraph suggests to me it would be the same thing.
It isn't the same thing.

By the looks of things, if we break FFP it will be because we have either got our sums wrong or understood the rules wrong. The club are saying they have complied. The numbers suggest they may (just) have complied. The club have clearly been attempting to comply by some of the actions they have taken.

Cheating would be deliberately breaking FFP and then trying to conceal it, or, as in Derby's case, flagrantly breaking the rules and claiming you have a clever workaround by selling your own ground to yourself.

It isn't the same thing.

By the looks of things, if we break FFP it will be because we have either got our sums wrong or understood the rules wrong. The club are saying they have complied. The numbers suggest they may (just) have complied. The club have clearly been attempting to comply by some of the actions they have taken.

Cheating would be deliberately breaking FFP and then trying to conceal it, or, as in Derby's case, flagrantly breaking the rules and claiming you have a clever workaround by selling your own ground to yourself.

Let's hope they don't take the parking ticket approach- just because you have paid and tried to comply with local parking regs doesn't mean you won't get a ticket!

The word cheat in your paragraph suggests to me it would be the same thing.
Not the same thing at all. Derby knew exactly what they were doing and repeatedly tried to get around the rules when they knew they were in trouble. As far as I know we are also not failing to pay the taxman.

According to The Guardian. Shelvey is not on loan as a loan would exceed the number of permitted loans.
If wiki is correct we had 11 players over the age of 21 out on loan at the start of the season; the subsequent sales of Scarpa and Shelvey bring that down to 9.

Either the rule that 8 players is the maximum number allowed out on loan does not yet apply to the PL or someone has fucked up big time

Interesting that we may be able to use the Brennan sale...

https://x.com/KieranMaguire/status/1742809904363012220?s=20
That looks like a clever work around designed to get the big clubs off the hook if they over spend; wouldnt that be ironic if one of the smaller clubs availed of that law?

As far as the accounts go, there is fuck all they can do but file them without the Johnson sale; HMRC will not give two fucking hoots about what the clubs intentions were.

That looks like a clever work around designed to get the big clubs off the hook if they over spend; wouldnt that be ironic if one of the smaller clubs availed of that law?

As far as the accounts go, there is fuck all they can do but file them without the Johnson sale; HMRC will not give two fucking hoots about what the clubs intentions were.
Adjusting events after the deadline closed, appears from what Maguire has reported, a possibility.

The crux seems to be whether NFFC had dialogue with the Premier League regarding their intention to sell, within that window, a major asset (Brennan) prior to the deadline. From my understanding and memory at the time, these conversations did happen.

Whether we can or not is the hinge here; if the independent panel or the EPL deem we cannot, then from all the noises, we're fooked.

As I have put on the Transfer window thread, the regulatory issue from the Premier League is that selling a player for £30M is more compliant than selling the same player two months later and without any intervening football matches affecting competition for £47M. Since this is about "financial sustainability", at least the spirit of the rules would appear to be complied with better by doing what Forest did.

The assumption seems to be that without the sale of Johnson we fail to meet FFP.

Is that a fact? Because my understanding from the accounts and what Maguire has said so far is that we just barely meet it anyway

The assumption seems to be that without the sale of Johnson we fail to meet FFP.

Is that a fact? Because my understanding from the accounts and what Maguire has said so far is that we just barely meet it anyway
That was my thought. We needed the Johnson sale for this seasons round of purchases which also came after the deadline date.

From everything I have read, including the scaremongering in the press, we will be fine.

If wiki is correct we had 11 players over the age of 21 out on loan at the start of the season; the subsequent sales of Scarpa and Shelvey bring that down to 9.

Either the rule that 8 players is the maximum number allowed out on loan does not yet apply to the PL or someone has fucked up big time

Isn't that rule 'dodged' to some extent by loaning with an obligation to buy - eg the deal with O'Brien & Boro.... also, fairly sure that is the case with a few of the other players out on loan.