FFP charges? | Page 78 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Brentford have survived by selling talent. They run a very small sqUad and is one of the reasons they have struggled mid season is Toney out ban, Mbuemo injury and Wissa AFCON. No quality replacement. I am not aware they have sold any big value players in last 18 months. The £30m bid for Johnson would be amortised over 5 years. Think they will have to sell Toney in Window to balance books. Wonder if clubs will be offering £20m and a bag of buttons in June.
Indeed

They may want a deduction for us now, but financially quite a few clubs should be praying that Forest's argument carries the day so they can also get maximum value if they ever need to sell to balance

Brentford have survived by selling talent. They run a very small sqUad and is one of the reasons they have struggled mid season is Toney out ban, Mbuemo injury and Wissa AFCON. No quality replacement. I am not aware they have sold any big value players in last 18 months. The £30m bid for Johnson would be amortised over 5 years. Think they will have to sell Toney in Window to balance books. Wonder if clubs will be offering £20m and a bag of buttons in June.

It's the culmination for the big six. let's see what everyone else thinks once they work out what it means for them.

They do not appear to be close to the limit.

Last years numbers are not out yet but for the previous three year cycle, one of which was in the PL, they show a profit:

10.3m loss for year 1
2.4m loss for year 2
25.67 profit for year 3

They do have significant debt relating to the ground, which Barclays have a charge on.

Don't the rules change next season? It won't matter will it?
Doesn't it start to be based around turnover?

Hope Mr De Marco is putting the final touches to the case he is going to put forward tomorrow as he puts his undefeated record on the line in what is probably our most important fixture of the season.

Many people have said certain games have been must win, well this one really is that 6 Pointer that we all talk about, but in this case if we come out of it with anything less then it can be counted as a victory.

Personally my money is still on some sort of suspended points deduction, at the worst I reckon 3 immediate & another 3 suspended.

Last edited:
Hope Mr De Marco is putting the final touches to the case he is going to put forward tomorrow as he puts his undefeated record on the line in what is probably our most important fixture of the season.

Many people have said certain games have been must win, well this one really is that 6 Pointer that we all talk about, but in this case if we come out of it with anything less then it can be counted as a victory.

Personally my money is still on some sort of suspended points deduction, at the worst I reckon 3 immediate & another 3 suspended.
I really hope so. But. I think dark forces are at work. Sorry to be a downer, it's just a feeling I have. If we get away with it the forum has my permission to call me the biggest twat on the planet and I will be absolutely delighted.

I really hope so. But. I think dark forces are at work. Sorry to be a downer, it's just a feeling I have. If we get away with it the forum has my permission to call me the biggest twat on the planet and I will be absolutely delighted.
I think we will know for sure once the verdict is out. Any more than 3 points and we are being done…

This bit of the Leicester judgement is interesting

As a result of the predicted rule breach, the EFL followed its own procedures and told Leicester they wanted the club to submit to a business plan, enforced by the EFL, to ensure the club returned to compliance by the summer.

However, Leicester objected to that suggestion, arguing that because they were in the Premier League for most of the period, the EFL rules did not apply to them. They asked for the matter to be reviewed by the independent Club Financial Reporting Panel, who found in Leicester's favour