Fergie v Pardew | Vital Football

Fergie v Pardew

Platinii

Vital Champions League
We all know the news is full of Ferguson nostalgia, but hearing something last night really struck a chord with me.

Even though his work ethic is well known, they were discussing how every day he came into work at 7am, and was always first in training. The day after they won the title, he came in at 7am to start planning for next season.

The whole work ethic and ethos is so important to him, that it is ingrained in all the staff and the fabric of the club. Everyone knows the score, and if they don't follow suit they are out. He leads by example, so there are no excuses or hiding places.

Compare that to our manager. Here is a man whose team are perilously close to relegation, and, after a record home defeat, with only three games remaining to save the season he says;

"We have to put fings right, and I expect everyone to work harder. When I get into training at ten firty, I expect all the players to be there"

Doesn't that say it all? On the one hand we have a seventy one year old man who gets in first EVERY day, come rain or shine, or even if they've just won the league. He never loses sight of how important work ethic and discipline are.

On the other hand, we have a manager who is making an utter balls up of the season, and can't even be arsed to get to work before 10:30 in the morning even after such a defeat. Even more importantly, he can't even be bothered to beat the players in after such a defeat.

Why the hell not? What message does HE think that sends?

Is he so arrogant and assured in his position that he doesn't even need to bother?

What kind of example does that set to players?

Is it any fùcking wonder the levels of effort from the players are pitiful, bearing in mind our position? Is it any wonder there's no real urgency or team spirit, when he's swanning around without a care in the world.

He's just looking for his next sexual conquest when he swans off at 2:30, and has probably come from his latest one when he gets in at half ten. And don't get me started on the golf day out they attended.

Poles apart doesn't begin to describe it, and that's just the work ethic. Let's not even compare tactical knowledge and ability....

We're getting what we deserve with him in charge.

He's all ego, lies, excuses and bullshit and zero work or genuine heart.

Agreed top post. If Ferguson Vs pardew was a boxing a match it would be over in seconds. In fact the ref would probably stop the fight before it started because it was such a foregone conclusion

jiggystoon - 9/5/2013 13:57

Not even in the same weight division TD

Precisely Jiggy. Ferguson, for all his faults of haranging officials (and having his players do likewise) and the like is a top class tactician with a fantastic work ethic. Pardew is a lazy arse with no clue about tactics.

Excellent post.
No comparison between the two. Ferguson is a top quality Manager proven over a number of years of winning trophies.
Pardew is a conceited mouthy narcissus who has won nowt of any note.

What's absolutely hilarious is some of our fans using Fergie as the example in their support of keeping Pardew.

Like comparing a bar of gold with a lump of shit, Pardew shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ferguson.

Seriously Rza, have some people actually said that, I've heard moyes name mentioned a few times (as he like pardew hasn't won anything [not counting that illustrious trophy the JPT of course]), yes ferguson is a good example of what stability can achieve if given to a talented manager, but pardew is NOT a talented manager.

“You can’t keep changing your manager if he has a bad run – it doesn’t make any sense at all,” said Llambias. “We just want to break that mould in football. Eight years?...?this is where we’ve got to be.

"If you look at clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger have shown that stability gives you the best platform to achieve success and that is the model we wish to emulate here."

ToonGeek - 9/5/2013 15:57

“You can’t keep changing your manager if he has a bad run – it doesn’t make any sense at all,” said Llambias. “We just want to break that mould in football. Eight years?...?this is where we’ve got to be.

"If you look at clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsène Wenger have shown that stability gives you the best platform to achieve success and that is the model we wish to emulate here."

So why did they sack Hughton?

It's all bullshit and lies.

The more I hear, the more I want us to go down, and then down again, until he is forced to sell up and move on.

Mentioning Newcastle in the same sentence as Man Utd and Arsenal and Pardew in the same sentence as Ferguson and Wenger should get you a stretch in a mental home.

vin1892 - 9/5/2013 16:21

Mentioning Newcastle in the same sentence as Man Utd and Arsenal and Pardew in the same sentence as Ferguson and Wenger should get you a stretch in a mental home.

The only reason I brought it up was to highlight the difference in approach and attitude, rather than on the tactics and man management.

Work ethic is something anyone can have, and for a 71 year old man to wipe the floor with someone 20 years younger as to how hard he works, even though he has won over and over again, just highlights what a charlatan Pardew is.

Hard work is the least we should expect from him.

If Pardew he believes he has such a good squad and they all pull together, plus according to him they spend hours getting it right on the training ground then why:
Do we have such a poor defensive record
Have scored so few goals since March
Have scored only 1 goal from a corner
Cannot centre a ball or do anything inventive with set plays
Have won only 1 away game
Been knocked out of domestic cups early on.

Surely that clown and Ashley can deduce from that all is not well at the very least.
Its all Pardew bullshit.

The fact that virtually the same squad finished fifth last season points the finger firmly at pardew, they didn't suddenly become relegation standard players. Everything you highlight owl points to problems on the training pitch and a lack of tactical awareness.

Platinii - 9/5/2013 16:09

ToonGeek - 9/5/2013 15:57

So why did they sack Hughton?

It's all bullshit and lies.

The more I hear, the more I want us to go down, and then down again, until he is forced to sell up and move on.

If i remember correctly it was so we could move to the next level

The Owl - 9/5/2013 16:42

The answer is he and the players are lazy and not good enough.

I think many of these players are good enough and aren't lazy, but they have become what they are under his management.

If someone completely different came in, with genuine footballing nouse and a disciplined will to win, I think we'd see a completely different team performing. I really do.

Some excellent signings are having the ability coached out of them, add to that being played out of position, loosing confidence, and the current shambles is all to evident.

A real coach that plays players in there real positions, does not try and pick his "biggest 11 " players, and re-introduce a few personalities who can pick up the side when things are going wrong.

As much as I like the French lads technically, they need someone to boot them up the arse once in a while.

They obviously detest the manager, take no notice of him, and we are in that position because of the detestable attitude of the owner and arsehole of lamearse.

2 out of 3 need to go, cant see Ashley disappearing just yet......